Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

10 minutes ago, Hazelrah said:

Notice we have traded The Forgemaster for a Priest. 

"Cleric" used to be Legionnaire, Forgemaster and Stalker were dropped because they could be put together with current classes and disciplines. 

1 minute ago, BarriaKarl said:

I just realized some serious flaws in my building process! We can only have three passives! Call me stupid but i really overlooked that.

What use are minor Disciplines if almost all of them just grants passives and the passives in my Major Discs/Weapon Disc are better?

Passive powers pretty much just do their thing in the background and offer gameplay changing aspects. Because of this, we are limiting the maximum number to three that a player can have actively equipped. - Blair

That forces choice.

Choice is gud.

10 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

That forces choice.

Choice is gud.

You are right but if i had to choose today i would run without minor disciplines. That seems wrong like i am missing a big part of what disciplines have to offer. The only option is wait for more active/better minor disciplines.

My build was going so well though...

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

Not necessarily, Assassins or Duelists could make good scouts aswell, just depends on the runes equipped and the skills trained

Heretic! Scouts are more than murderers, showoffs, or hippies.

CF_Van.png

2 hours ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

Yes another thing to remember this will be a balancing nightmare I bet...

All kidding aside, I'm ok with this. As patches modify the game, creative, new combinations arise to be the new "FOTM". Some players will naturally be excited by that and stick around, while others choose to fine tune their initial build, tinkering with it constantly in order to make it "perfect". The myriad of options means the characters never get stale for either party. Other than scouts and burning down the homes of my enemies, character building was my favorite part.

CF_Van.png

10 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

You are right but if i had to choose today i would run without minor disciplines. That seems wrong like i am missing a big part of what disciplines have to offer. The only option is wait for more active/better minor disciplines.

My build was going so well though...

I'm curious why you would rather run without minors than to add, say, Hand of Glory, Expansive Mind, Armor of Faith, Blood Pact, Thornskin, and/or Stoneskin. None of those compete with your other Passives.

IhhQKY6.gif

7 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

It's confirmed that the stoneborn are male only

i appreciate the confirmation when i seen Centaur have a female version it was slightly confusing since i considered Centaur more of a beast :P 

Well.  I like the class/race option.  I'm really diggin' the graphics.  In the span of mere seconds, I'm back to being pretty excited about this again.

First, I have to agree with everyone that this is a great update.  Of course, there are perhaps some new concerns, but these are far outweighed by the amount of customization we now have (customization that, in my opinion, is necessary).  Second, I am so, so glad the centaur is no longer bound to healer taxi.  Some of you that have been around for a while know that the Legio's archetype situation has been a bit of a point of contention for a long time for some supporters.  I am happy the centaur is finally getting his due.  Finally, I am excited this update now allows for more thematic guilds (as others have said).  This, as much as anything, will go a long way to help keep the player base satisfied (no one wants to play what they do not want to play).    

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

This update was amazing! I was surprised at the introduction of a few new races. Furthermore, I am really interested to see what the cleric class will be like. Already I am starting to pick out which runes I want to pair with which classes!

58 minutes ago, Ziz said:

dont know why but i really wana try druid with a scimitar

Is it because you played EQ1 and got your epic quest done?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

20 minutes ago, zerocyde said:

For everyone who called me a whiny ahole for wishing this game had classes instead of archetypes... well I guess I was still a whiny ahole but AT LEAST I GOT MY WAY WOOHOOO! So damned excited!

i am excited too but again if this game had not made so much in funding, we would still be stuck with archetypes so this was not always a feasible possibility just something to keep in mind.