Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

Hey, did High Elf replace "Moon" Elf? ?

Otherwise, though it is weird how humans got the short end of the stick (from where they could do basically everything to now split into half-<foreign race> and the "special" nethari), it looks really exciting! Elken Templar ftw!

"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light." ~ Arca Jeth, Star Wars Legends

People need to realize that this update, while not as impactful in the short-term as a 24-7 cw (which right now wouldn't be great until they optimize a lot anyway) is huge in the long-term, they are opening up customization so much and finally making the game feel like a real mmorpg.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Edit:  Fixed.  Thank you!

The image of the lighting video (with the big play button) at the bottom of the announcement doesn't link to the actual video.  The video link up top is good, but it seems like a minor oversight?

Edited by Nazdar

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Wow this is amazing. I'm super excited to be able to add some healing / survivability to my confessor. Also, graphics update looks amazing!

1 minute ago, KohrAh said:

You don't think unbinding class and race, which was something they said wasn't in their scope, and a complete graphics overhaul is big?

Look, I'm not going to sit here and argue over personal opinions, you're excited and thats great. I don't want to diminish anything they have done and it's all great work but I as in me as in my opinion as in not the rest of the worlds opinion expected more. The reveal was suppose to be something we couldn't believe, Disciplines we knew were coming, graphics upgrades are standard practice, and the Archetypes being done away with is great but it was figured out on day one. 

If you want to be super happy and jump for joy then all the power to you, do I think what they did is awesome ? Yes I do but, I was expecting more.

To each their own. 

26 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Go re-read the Nethari backstory.

Todd

I did (typo: "chose" instead of "choose"), but still think the Confessor + Templar dichotomy would still apply, and it is a church after all and both draw on the ability to summon aspects of arkon...in fact, the nethari backstory may have soured the perspective, as it implies that the source of confessors powers may be biological, arcane, or manufactured, or which could have repercussions (or maybe you want us to keep guessing what the actual source of power in in the CF universe...? Will Scientist be a discipline...?). Though with the shift of magical origin appearing to have shifted from knowledge to racial, maybe it applies. Just my 2 cents.

Anyhow, really great stuff! SOOOOO MUCH LORE TO CONSUME AND DIGEST AND INTERPRET!!!!

(And don't think that the fact that the great JTC saw fit to comment on my lowly criticism escaped my notice...WOOHOO!!)

Edited by RKNM

Now I have to go back and figure out what race/class combos I want to play.  Smart move ACE, this just upped my interest in VIP across all my accounts.  I'm an alt-o-holic, and there is no way that I can have just 1 assassin; and I can't even have all assassin types on 1 account even with VIP.

lUvvzPy.png

Wow so much info. Was honestly expecting just one system reveal. When you guys revamp/improve stuff you don't half ass it you go big, kudos.

Looking forward to seeing the new Ranger/Stalker merge. Wasn't really a fan of the Ranger to be honest so hoping with the added Stalker parts we can make a true physical ranged class.

Edited by pang

6 minutes ago, Apok said:

If you want to be super happy and jump for joy then all the power to you, do I think what they did is awesome ? Yes I do but, I was expecting more.

Dude, only release date would have been bigger reveal.

Yes I would still play the game even if they haven't done this but come on, this is amazing. Have you seen the table? Fae druid :P That's what I call close air support :)

Edited by RevanM

3 minutes ago, RevanM said:

Dude, only release date would have been bigger reveal.

Yes I would still play the game even if they haven't done this but come on, this is amazing. Have you seen the charts? Fae druid :-P

Again that's an opinion, I have stated it's awesome and a great job but my expectations were higher. You don't agree, that's great but theres really no need to try and convince me otherwise. It's not like I'm quoting all the happy people and saying "nope sorry you're wrong."

Edited by Apok

1 minute ago, Apok said:

Again that's an opinion, I have stated it's awesome and a great job but my expectations were higher. You don't agree, that's great but theres really no need to try and convince me otherwise. It's not like I'm quoting all the happy people and saying "nope sorry you're wrong."

I am just courious what have you expected? Release date? Naval combat? Space battles?

ACE made a clear statement in the past about not doing this. This is 180° turn.

Edited by RevanM

The thing i really like about this is something Todd hit up about.

If they wanted to add to the game in a huge way, they dont have to add a class. They can just add a race.

It makes balancing more flexible as well.

CfWBSig.png

1 minute ago, Apok said:

Again that's an opinion, I have stated it's awe and a great job but my expectations were higher. You don't agree, that's great but theres really no need to try and convince me otherwise. It's not like I'm quoting all the happy people and saying "nope sorry you're wrong."

@Apok What kind of information were you hoping they were going to reveal? Since a lot of people are pleased with this, I'd like to hear what you were hoping for. (honest to goodness interest)

lUvvzPy.png

I also love how they've tried to provide each race with at least one mage class, one tank class, and one rogue class. I always thought that would've been such a great thing to add to the archetype/monster races, to give them at least an option to play a magic flinging elken, or a cloak and dagger minotaur, though I always assumed this would be through promotions. MY CONFESSOR ELKEN DREAMS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!!

(Except for legionnaire and stoneborn not having a roguelike class...which I get aesthetically, especially with stoneborn, but for an imperial culture like the centaur, would've thought that they'd be able to appreciate the bow and arrow...maybe because they move so fast, they were unconcerned with range?)

I dunno if ACE is doing away with promotion classes and the training that will come with them, but I suggest they add training for each race as another way for people to customize and feel a sense of meaningful choice. 

3 tiers of training...  General trains, Race trains, Class trains. 

Allow 1-1-1 for non-vip and allow 1-2-3 for vip.  This weakens the value of non-vip alt accounts a bit because they won't have all of the cross synergy training of multiple race/class combos at once.  Min/maxers will want to make sure they have as many synergies trained up as possible. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir