Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

1 minute ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

I like this but I really hope that class balance works out and we don't have 10 combos that are the best followed by 100 lesser tier combos then a million trash ones

This isn't Archeage where you have to take skill sets like shadowplay and archery together because they just combo into insanity. What I see as problem though isn't combination it self but the races. What advantage human has compare to fae which can glide or centaur that is fast?

1 minute ago, Leiloni said:

I haven't been paying attention until today and reading comments in some of the articles and Reddit, I think a lot of players are in the same boat as me. So for us it's a massive reveal. My mind is blown right now. The race/class reveal along with the graphics overhaul is the kind of thing that will get other people to start paying attention to Crowfall. People outside the testers bubble are excited.

This makes sense, I think if they had said "Next Tuesday we have a huge reveal you won't believe" and left it at that without the teaser I would have been more excited, it's kind of like looking forward to a movie and then your budy tells you little tid bits and basically reveals the entire movie before you watch it, the movie doesn't have the same impact.

Looks good. 

Wait I can't be a half-rat, half-fae burrowing/gliding, confessor-troubadour-firewalker?  I could call him slip-n'-slide PewPew guy!  Dreams shattered...

Back to "reality"...some of the major disc (didn't look at full repost yet) look really interesting...should be fun to test :)

*fingers crossed for guild support next*

Oh yeah ! So much stuff happening, i'm so glad to have put my money on Ace ! You guys/gals rocks (yeah i may sound like a fanboy)

Seeing those Disciplines :wub: I'm already starting to think about some combine hahaha :D 

The graphics overhaul, it will clap the mouth of externals saying the game looked dull and flat (yeah you know, pre-alpha stuff...) i just hope the optimization/network will follow :) 

For those eager to have full campaign 24/7 i'm pretty sure it will come soon enough ;) 

Again, thanks Ace team !

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

3 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Hey I guessed part of it!

Great job ACE! 

Yeah seems most who were giving legit guess's guessed at least part of it. Mine was mostly about sub classing which the new race combos and Disciplines achieve.  Glad to see the reveal seems to have overshot most of our expectations.

4 minutes ago, Badwolfe said:

OMG my Legionnaire is now called a.... a...... a cleric :(

Fanatastic update guys - well worth the wait :)

Yeah, i'll admit, I really did like the assertive and aggressive inflection that the word "legionnaire" brought to the game, made it feel like it stood out more. Cleric just sounds more passive and generic (wow, sounding like such a negative nancy, when I'm actually so happy and excited about this update).

Also, anyone else noticing that the elves are going FW and Druid, while the more human races are going for Templar (and to a lesser extent, Confessor)...? Does that mean Humans will fall out of Kane's good graces, and the rumors that Kane and Gaia had a thing are confirmed??

1 minute ago, RKNM said:

Yeah, i'll admit, I really did like the assertive and aggressive inflection that the word "legionnaire" brought to the game, made it feel like it stood out more. Cleric just sounds more passive and generic (wow, sounding like such a negative nancy, when I'm actually so happy and excited about this update).

Also, anyone else noticing that the elves are going FW and Druid, while the more human races are going for Templar (and to a lesser extent, Confessor)...? Does that mean Humans will fall out of Kane's good graces, and the rumors that Kane and Gaia had a thing are confirmed??

I much prefer calling it Cleric because that's a class that I'm familiar with and have played in other games. It generates ideas about what it will be that I like, whereas Legionnaire can be a bit confusing and sounds perhaps too Warrior-y to people who'd want to play it for a primary healer role. But I'm definitely glad it can be played by other races, now. I think it'll make the class far more attractive to play.

5 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

Holy poorly made socks, I just got to the graphics bit. That looks soooo much better (to my eyes).

The graphics video is a huge improvement - the game world feels so alive.  This progress is being a bit overshadowed by the class update.

rSHxVEY.gif

1 minute ago, BarriaKarl said:

Was the fae Lore always this... sexist? Reading it makes me want to kill all fae on sight. Ugly. Seriously ugly.

Yes it was. ;) Brutal and efficient.

2 minutes ago, Leiloni said:

I much prefer calling it Cleric because that's a class that I'm familiar with and have played in other games. It generates ideas about what it will be that I like, whereas Legionnaire can be a bit confusing and sounds perhaps too Warrior-y to people who'd want to play it for a primary healer role. But I'm definitely glad it can be played by other races, now. I think it'll make the class far more attractive to play.

True, yeah, I can see that. But in my MMO career, I've played about 10 interpretations of clerics. I've NEVER played a legionnaire before. It's such a minor thing though, going to be a blast with my half-giant cleric!!!

1 minute ago, blazzen said:

The graphics overhaul is impressive. My question is what it will do to performance?

This is a huge question, Playability > Pretty should always be the case.