Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

1 minute ago, RKNM said:

your avatar makes this all the more ironic...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That is a majestic red panda, an obviously far superior species. 

57 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Only about 1/3rd of the Discipline images loaded.  Hang tight, we're posting the rest.

Todd

The rest of the disciplines (Weapon, and Minor) have now made it to the news article.

Jared Jackson, Software Engineer
 Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I'm quite glad that I failed in my process of deduction and dismissed this result.

This will offer nice new options for the player community and it even has racial skills in it. Bold move from ACE to make it. (But it was now or never as they said).

I was a bit worried how yet another layer raises the challenge of balancing, but I after seeing the big picture not so much anymore. I suppose one way to "balance" is to make infinite number of combos available to players and keep them in the doubt that they may not have found the best one yet as there is still so many to try ;)

4 minutes ago, Dondagora said:

Many new mechanics seem to be in these Disciplines.

Shadow Sight from Illusionist, I'd guess, is allowing one to see stealthed enemies.

Lingering is probably some debuff, though who knows.

Songs may be a constant passive AoE which can only be active one at a time, but who knows.

I can't decide which two between Illusionist, Reality Warper, or Militant Mage that I want with my Duelist... damnit!

There is a minor discipline that is Song Length +6 so I do not think it will be constant

@ Gummiel

I stated in a later post that I think it was the reveals that made it underwhelming for me. Call it a learning lesson for both myself and ACE

For me, I should have stayed clear of the forums so my expectations weren't diminished

For ACE, revealing to much can lead to ... disappointment is the wrong word, a sense of underwhelming is more accurate. The real surprise would have been them doing away with Archetypes but as I said that was figured out on day 1 of reveals.

While we do know Campaign testing is coming, it's expected to be further down the road so if it were announced to start in the near future that would have been shocking and pleasant for for myself.

3 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Ugh... I really enjoyed the half-giants lore but i want to be a ranger! Arrrgh! The choices... are hard!

Why is the humans Lore so weak? So common?

We sleep beneath the open stars. We ride the great beasts of the plains. We sail on Maeve’s green oceans. We are the Nomadic Folk, and we cannot be tamed. - Half-Giants's Lore

Why not use Half-Giant race and one of their classes, then spec for archery and such skills via disciplines? Should be possible, and then you can view the Champion/Myrmidon/Cleric as your sub-class instead.

8 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

If you read the entire graphics setting it did said they had worked on BOTH graphics and performance

We shall see, I hope its all good and playable, but still the original question was valid was my point.

@jtoddcoleman

Are you still planning Advantages and Disadvantages (either generic or better yet tied to either race, classes or a combination)

Any word on how promotions will go forward too - if they still are. I noticed you did not add placeholder promotion names or trees for the templar for instance

Thanks for any information you are willing to provide ;)

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

9 minutes ago, Dondagora said:

Why not use Half-Giant race and one of their classes, then spec for archery and such skills via disciplines? Should be possible, and then you can view the Champion/Myrmidon/Cleric as your sub-class instead.

I am seriously thinking about it but i fear i that would make me just a half-giant with a bow and not a ranger. I am no min-maxing freak but i dont want to end with a bad character.

16 minutes ago, Jlane said:

The rest of the disciplines (Weapon, and Minor) have now made it to the news article.

@Jlane fyi the text on the race and class pages is struggling via google chrome example images via 1366x768 chromeos

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

49 minutes ago, Apok said:

To each their own. 

Some folk cannot imagine that what excites them may not excite someone else. Like, I didn't care about race restrictions when I backed the Kickstarter for this game, and so I'm not ecstatic about today's news in regards to races and classes like some others are... and that's okay, or at least it should be IMO.

I'm just happy to know development is moving forward. That graphical uprgade video showed things functioning (pack animals, trebuchets) I'd hoped but didn't know where being worked on, and now I know. Good news for everyone, though some news may make some happier than others. 

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Very pleased the continual financial support made it possible for the uncoupling of the AT's.

The enormous amount of diversity this will allow for, should help make Crowfall epic.

Great work!

CfWBSig.png

@thomasblair @jtoddcoleman

Amazing update and worth the hype (and the wait).  Once again ACE demonstrates they are staying true to JTC's vision and Crowfall's Shadowbane roots.

This is worthy of the massive update title.  For those of us that have been here since kickstarter, character customization has always been a major concern.  

Great job on the promo video as well. Love the darker feel.  Takes some of the vibrant cartoony edge of things.

12Oe7ot.png

Just now, moneda said:

Some folk cannot imagine that what excites them may not excite someone else. Like, I didn't care about race restrictions when I backed the Kickstarter for this game, and so I'm not ecstatic about today's news in regards to races and classes like some others are... and that's okay, or at least it should be IMO.

I'm just happy to know development is moving forward. That graphical uprgade video showed things functioning (pack animals, trebuchets) I'd hoped but didn't know where being worked on, and now I know. Good news for everyone, though some news may make some happier than others. 

Now this I can 100% agree with, I'm very pleased with everything they have done and the forward momentum. Some people get all gitty for xmas, some people can't wait for it to be over. To each their own.

One thing I was slightly confused about after reading the article, and maybe it was just how it was phrased, but the vessel system still allows us to choose race and class, right?  It's not we choose a race, customize it, and can choose from 3-4 vessels for that race?

2 minutes ago, moneda said:

Well I would think that having more options and choices to create and build classes how we want would be something most if not all would be happy with. How its achieved should be less important then the end result.