Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

I think the bard disciplines should be class locked and not available to all. I really think the duelist would make a good bard and the duelist is already pretty similar to the assassin. It would make sense to turn the duelist into a bard. 

You got rid of the stalker because it was too close to the ranger. I know you didn't get rid of the assassin because it was already in production so again I think making the duelist the bard would make sense. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

"By changing the underlying system now, we put ourselves in a position not only to fill out the chart of existing Race/Class combinations – but to add entirely new Races and Classes, as well!"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

May I interest you in...GORGONS?? SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF ZALEENA, AND THE AVENGERS OF LYESSA?!!

Good reveals!

I'm sad to see the race/class combos aren't as unlocked as the video implies, but it's still a good step forward.

Thanks for the extra effort!

49 minutes ago, Badwolfe said:

Just realised I can play my favourite class with my favourite race - Cleric rat here I come!!!! :)

Literally, pocket heals. 10/10

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

How will races/class training be now? 

So before you choose your world.. you would choose your race?
Then train your class from there?
You would have to choose 3 races I assume, that is if they are allowing 3 classes to be trained.

Before we were the "crow" that could change AT anytime. Can I now pick an Elken race play as a Ranger.. and change to a Elken Confessor at any time?
Obviously wont be able to chose classes outside what your race allows, but curious if they will allow swapping of classes within that race.

Otherwise we will be locked to the race/class you choose. 

Any info on how this will play out? @jtoddcoleman

Edited by Ahhchoo

5 minutes ago, Ahhchoo said:

How will races/class training be now? 

So before you choose your world.. you would choose your race?
Then train your class from there?
You would have to choose 3 races I assume, that is if they are allowing 3 classes to be trained.

Before we were the "crow" that could change AT anytime. Can I now pick an Elken race play as a Ranger.. and change to a Elken Confessor at any time?
Obviously wont be able to chose classes outside what your race allows, but curious if they will allow swapping of classes within that race.

Otherwise we will be locked to the race/class you chose. 

Pretty sure the Vessel system is still in place so nothing has changed as far as swapping classes goes. Its still the same process, you go to a Temple and swap it.

Edited by pang

I'm pleased to see that most of my predictions were correct, and that we've been given a significant amount of additional lore on top of the new mechanics.

I have to wonder about weapon disciplines. Will there be a weapon discipline which grants the use of two-handed swords to different classes? Or will certain classes simply gain access to those weapons naturally... We did see what looked like a Templar with a sword and shield...would a Knight be able to use a Two-Handed sword?

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Appropriately titled update!  Massive!

"Times they are A-changin"    

But hey I can still be a Stoneborn ( Dwarfish) but now as a Cleric as well. Nice! Maybe some day have a have a master craftsman with the old tittle from kickstarter I liked so much "As a side note: Don’t be surprised if Forgemaster makes a reappearance as a Major Discipline some point in the future!

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

I do have a question regarding the Disciplines, say you are the type of player that just wants to craft or gather or something along these line as a few players have mentioned they intend to do. I don't see any Disciplines that help in these areas (maybe I missed them), do you intend to add Disciplines that effect this area of the game instead of just combat?

"Yes, though certain Disciplines will be restricted to particular Classes. None of the Disciplines currently have Race restrictions, but that may change. (Polearms/Polemace Masteries for the Centaur are the first candidate for this)"

Damn, I've polearms have always been my favorite weapons, just they were never on the classes (now races) that I really wanted to play them on T-T

39 minutes ago, Braxx said:

Agree love the Duelist but not a fan of the guineas

Could roll a rapier assassin HTH

Edited by Kiro
Wouldnt role work in that statement too? Meh w/e roll*

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

4 minutes ago, Apok said:

I do have a question regarding the Disciplines, say you are the type of player that just wants to craft or gather or something along these line as a few players have mentioned they intend to do. I don't see any Disciplines that help in these areas (maybe I missed them), do you intend to add Disciplines that effect this area of the game instead of just combat?

@ 2:56 in the video, 

4 minutes ago, Apok said:

Mole Hunter, Major Disc Increasing stealth Detection

Peripheral Vision, Minor Disc Increase detection while harvesting.

7 minutes ago, Apok said:

in the video regarding classes they mentioned gathering and exploration disciplines will come at a later date

20 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I am seriously thinking about it but i fear i that would make me just a half-giant with a bow and not a ranger. I am no min-maxing freak but i dont want to end with a bad character.

I think there might be some decent synergies you can aim for. Myrmidon, though I'm not sure of the changed version, has Taste for Blood [+75% Damage passive against bleeding targets] which you can add with Knife Grinder's [Major Discipline] Long Live the Fighter [Bleeding on last basic attack].

Using Arcane Archer's basic attacks instead of melee, you can become a high-damage archer with a root ability, combined with Myrmidon's own Cast Net root, keep an enemy pinned down while you make them a pin cushion.

Otherwise, you can use the Bow Discipline instead of Arcane Archer to open up options for other Major Discipline options.

That's just off the top of my head, though. Champion and Cleric may have other synergies to add.