Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cemya

Single Race Guilds in New System

With the big reveal, some questions:

1.  Will there be some encouragement in the mechanics for the formation of single race guilds for those who want to go that route for role-play reasons?  Often times it is fun to see battles between themed guilds, as opposed to a collection of whatever race/class combos are perceived to grant the greatest edge at the time.  I am not thinking of anything too restrictive, just stuff like buffs that affect only your own race, weapons that only a certain race can wield, etc.  Something that would encourage diversity and flavor...

2.  Will some campaigns be set up as battles between the races?

3.  A smaller point for those who are purists, but "race" is an inaccurate term to describe what we have in Crowfall, which are really different species.  Why not call them species instead of races?  

hail sun dancer

Lets face it, rarely if ever do devs in any game care enough to support themed racial guilds. At least we have choices now in racial/vessel / class building. 

We were talking that if nothing else our vessel crafters may have an advantage as we are focusing on one single vessel type.

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

There's also the strategic element to all this...

Remember that AI world builder they talked about months ago? It's supposed to auto-generate a history of the world and it's denizens. This could mean that all the Elven graveyards are on one side of the map and all of the Stoneborn graveyards are on the opposite side. Your base location could have a huge impact on what types of vessel components you have access to. This is, in part, because of the guild's choice- but also because of the Lore.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Here's some suggested Racial and Lore Factions:

Human Noble House: Humans, Nethari
Classes: Knight, Templar, Ranger, Cleric, Assassin.

Unseily Court: Fae, Half Elves (Female Only!)
Classes: Ranger, Assassin, Druid, Frostweaver

High Court: High Elves (Sun and Moon), Minotaur
Classes: Knight, Confessor, Assassin, Frostweaver, Champion

Stoneborn: Stoneborn
Classes: Knight, Champion, Myrmidon, Cleric

Druid Grove: Wood Elves, Half Elves, Humans
Classes: Ranger, Druid, Assassin, Frostweaver

Barbarian Clan: Half-Giants, Minotaur
Classes: Champion, Myrmidon, Cleric, Ranger

Mercenary Company: Half-Giants, Half-Elves, Elken
Classes: Champion, Myrmidon, Assassin, Ranger, Knight

Guinecean Expedition: Guineceans
Classes: Duelist, Knight, Cleric

Church of Arkon: Human, Nethari, Elken
Classes: Confessor, Templar, Knight, Cleric

Centaur Legion: Centaur
Classes: Knight, Champion, Cleric

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Wasn't there mention at one point that they might try campaigns that restrict certain archetypes? If that still holds true, then I assume there may be a chance at campaigns that will restrict certain classes/races? :) Might be fun to see just Centaurs vs Guineceans or Confessors vs Frostweavers.

Edited by kiarahakura

Only those who ask questions have all the answers. Thus only the foolish remain silent.

1 hour ago, kiarahakura said:

Wasn't there mention at one point that they might try campaigns that restrict certain archetypes? If that still holds true, then I assume there may be a chance at campaigns that will restrict certain classes/races? :) Might be fun to see just Centaurs vs Guineceans or Confessors vs Frostweavers.

I believe there was. I think now more than ever it could be a very real possibility

231e101d88.jpg

I noticed something relevant: if your guild sticks to one race, then cleric, druid, and confessor are mutually exclusive classes. That is, no single race has more than one of those classes.

So if you want any kind of healer, you'll get no confessors; this is a significant weakness for single race guilds. I wonder if that's a coincidence or intentional (something to do with lore, opposing philosophies of those classes?).

If frostweavers end up being serviceable confessor substitutes as far as ranged DPS and CC goes, then some options open up - either Fae or Wood Elf guilds can field both a healer (druid) and frostweavers. They have an interesting limitation though: neither has any kind of tank, and wood elves have no melees at all (unless properly spec'd rangers count).

Many more options will open up if confessor gets a healing promotion (not unthinkable, they were a healing class in Shadowbane). Also if druid gets buffed up a bit until it can be a useful damage caster/CCer with the right disciplines (like that essence generating one), then any race with a druid can field healers and damage casters. But that only gets us one more option (Half-Elf) and they share the "no tanks" problem.

Edited by Avloren

Yes!, my dream of building a nation of guinea pig soldiers can finally be realized! An army of ankle biters! Be in awe and quiver in fear at our approach!

Edited by TJB0ND