Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

What will you pick? Choose your race, class and runestones survey!

In addition to my above flying support druid...

I also planned a swashbuckling kick ass offensive Druid, where essence hopefully shouldn't be an issue!

[link]

Wood elf druid, troubadour banshee, master of scimtars, burning hatred, eminently punchable and expansive mind :)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

There's a lot to play with so far.
Trying to come up with something for the Duelist making use of the Master of Pistols weapon disc.
Master of Pistols > Escape Artist, Black Mask OR Agent Provocateur > Found Resources, Careless Whisper, Glass Cannon
Just a super annoying/hard to pin down Gunslinger

231e101d88.jpg

11 minutes ago, Groovin said:

There's a lot to play with so far.
Trying to come up with something for the Duelist making use of the Master of Pistols weapon disc.
Master of Pistols > Escape Artist, Black Mask OR Agent Provocateur > Found Resources, Careless Whisper, Glass Cannon
Just a super annoying/hard to pin down Gunslinger

I hope the +10 distance for master of pistols means you can turn the range from 15 meters to 25 meters! <3

And as a stat I wonder how high it would go for a legendary runestone....(screenshots rare quality)

Also key question: is a duelist with master of pistols dual wielding two for extra badass look? :)

7 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

I hope the +10 distance for master of pistols means you can turn the range from 15 meters to 25 meters! <3

I hope so. There are a few there that grant distance bonuses. Would love to see if they all stacked.

231e101d88.jpg

Wood-Elf, Ranger, Master of Bows, Black Mask, Sharpshooter, Peripheral Vision, Shadows Caress, and Uniform Leather.

Honestly Wood-Elf is my default in a toss up between that and Elken, and all the runes will shuffle around once we get a better look at exploration based disciplines. Also Poisoner looks really interesting if Poisoner: Poison Food really turns out to be what I hope it might.

Thanks for putting this together @Tinnis!

Edited by baerin
Formatting

Elken, Ranger, Banshee, Mole Hunter, Spirit Whip, Glass Cannon, Pound of Flesh, Master of Bows.  Basically high damage artillery for sieges and fixed point battles.

16 minutes ago, pang said:

Elken, Ranger, Banshee, Mole Hunter, Spirit Whip, Glass Cannon, Pound of Flesh, Master of Bows.  Basically high damage artillery for sieges and fixed point battles.

Then why not sharp shooter over banshee?

CfWBSig.png

1 minute ago, Vectious said:

Then why not sharp shooter over banshee?

I like Banshee for the AoE and group disruption aspects. If was going pure all out damage yeah sharp shooter and replacing Mole Hunter might be better. But was more thinking high damage plus utility versus groups while defending keeps, POIs etc.

this is how i would build a siege sniper.

[link]

Elken ranger, arcane archer, sharpshooter, master of bows, glass cannon, pound of flesh, spirit whip

+30 distance bonus? If we assume meters 40+30 = 70 meters! Chaining basic arrow attacks! Extra damage and damage to full hp targets. AoE root! Double riochet shots.

(FYI now added an optional 'name' text field at start for self labels etc)

Edited by Tinnis

14 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

this is how i would build a siege sniper.

[link]

Elken ranger, arcane archer, sharpshooter, master of bows, glass cannon, pound of flesh, spirit whip

+30 distance bonus? If we assume meters 40+30 = 70 meters! Chaining basic arrow attacks! Extra damage and damage to full hp targets. AoE root! Double riochet shots.

(FYI now added an optional 'name' text field at start for self labels etc)

Yeah that sounds good. Personal preference for me though is always trying to have some sort of group based utility, guess its just from years of being mostly healers/support classes.

10 minutes ago, pang said:

Yeah that sounds good. Personal preference for me though is always trying to have some sort of group based utility, guess its just from years of being mostly healers/support classes.

also if a wood-elf ranger could druid's get dissipiate teleport *my god* (unsure if that going to race or class!)

Edited by Tinnis

Do we have to choose 3 different minor runes?or are we allowed to pick 3 times the same one.

Most of the time this wouldn´t make sense but there are also runes like "expansive mind".

I went fae frostweaver, illusionist and escape artist, uniform mail overwhelming odds and punch drunk.  For group PvP.. probably one of 100 characters I'll try I have a chronic case of altitis. 

It looks like they still have to work which classes have which options for weapon disc, id love to have more options available for more classes. Also would love to see throwing daggers/axes in there if possible, even if they had a stack / ammo counter. 

rawminor017.png

Hey Tinnis, I don't see Sturdy as an option for Minor Discipline.

Thanks and Great job putting this together.

Edited by Otto

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

rawmajortooltips001.png

I didn't see Poisoner as an option for Major Runestone Discipline

Edited by Otto

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

Hamster knight with Escape Artist, it's kind of dependant on how you plan to play. If you're in a guild I see a few Majors that should be a must for organized grp play. Solo or gank groups have more options imo. 

Also smaller hit boxes are better.

Edited by Apok

Minotaur> Champion> Banshee> Juggernaut> Master of Axes> Hand of Glory> Fashion Statement> Expansive Mind

Edited Choices

Edited by Kraav

6 hours ago, NchDu said:

Do we have to choose 3 different minor runes?or are we allowed to pick 3 times the same one.

Most of the time this wouldn´t make sense but there are also runes like "expansive mind".

@NchDu 

16 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

The tech for expansive mind wasn't ready yet, however you should be able to equip 2 of the same minors.

(amended form from 'requires 3 minors' to 'maximum of 3 minors' if you only want to pick 1 or 2 instead of 3)

Edited by Tinnis

17 hours ago, Tinnis said:

...essence hopefully shouldn't be an issue!

Yeah I'd hope not, because Scimitar weapon Disc removes the Life tray altogether!

de9dae59af0e13238b1c9410b669c1e8.png
Well I guess in Life you are generating Essence so that sounded weird, but yeah your Essence will regenerate passively, meaning your Essence bar will be like a Mana bar and you'll want to start at max- what I hope is that we won't have to spam spells in order to avoid Essence Burn :lol: 

Edited by Xarrayne
this is why i proofread gdi so many edits

:^)