Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

What will you pick? Choose your race, class and runestones survey!

4 hours ago, Xarrayne said:

Well I guess in Life you are generating Essence so that sounded weird, but yeah your Essence will regenerate passively, meaning your Essence bar will be like a Mana bar and you'll want to start at max- what I hope is that we won't have to spam spells in order to avoid Essence Burn :lol: 

When I tried it on snap test - just the Master of Scimitar passive - only build up in combat and I did not start to essence burn regardless of my % even at or above 80%

Also when i tried Master of Shields - blocking reduces essence! Throw block on life tray to replace teleport, while keeping the teleport on my death tray. Druid with a shield will have a fair bag of tricks! :)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Just now, Tinnis said:

When I tried it on snap test - just the scimitar passive - only build up in combat and I did not start to essence burn regardless of my % even at or above 80%

Interesting, does that mean you can't actually do anything until you're hit (since all spells cost Essence) or just when you enter "Combat mode"? And does it deplete while outside that state?

:^)

10 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

Interesting, does that mean you can't actually do anything until you're hit (since all spells cost Essence) or just when you enter "Combat mode"? And does it deplete while outside that state?

from combat mode toggle rather than being hit. no depletion out of combat, just by usual death casting. 

2 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

from combat mode toggle rather than being hit. no depletion out of combat, just by usual death casting. 

The only downside I guess is that you start with 0 mana and have to wait for it to fill up, but I'm still gonna try it out!

:^)

3 hours ago, Tinnis said:

Also when i tried Master of Shields - blocking reduces essence! Throw block on life tray to replace teleport, while keeping the teleport on my death tray. Druid with a shield will have a fair bag of tricks! :)

Whoa that's pretty cool! It will be interesting to see what kind of combinations people with come up with to take advantage of different classes resources pools and generation.. man I'm happy they are going with SB character building, soo fun!

Edit: oh yes and thank you Tinnis for setting this up. 

Edited by dirtbag

Made another for fun focused on group support and can go either damage (Knight) or healing (cleric).

Centaur

Knight / Cleric

Bard and Troubadour

Expansive mind, twisting, sustaining note.

Mastery of shields

Ohh I can't wait to start actually testing builds in game rather than in my head.

3 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

dont forget to add a name to your build, some funky ones coming through.

in tribute i just made...

bard pistol duelist = "the guin-slinger-singer"

Naming them I suspect will be half the fun of coming up with builds.

So for my: "Elken, Ranger, Banshee, Mole Hunter, Spirit Whip, Glass Cannon, Pound of Flesh, Master of Bows.  Basically high damage artillery for sieges and fixed point battles."  I posted earlier in thread? Banshee Raider? Siege Hunter?

2 hours ago, pang said:

Naming them I suspect will be half the fun of coming up with builds.

So for my: "Elken, Ranger, Banshee, Mole Hunter, Spirit Whip, Glass Cannon, Pound of Flesh, Master of Bows.  Basically high damage artillery for sieges and fixed point battles."  I posted earlier in thread? Banshee Raider? Siege Hunter?

Make it female and call her Shee-Ra?  That was terrible, but the first thing I thought when I saw "Ranger, Banshee" :)

I made a Half-giant>Champion>Mudman> Plaguelord specializing in maces and mail, also using punchdrunk. Make everyone starve to death, muahahaha!

I should probably concider heavy plate instead concidering this guy would definetly be a front-line fighter.

Also, I'll be dissapointed if I don't see at least one unit abusing Standard Bearer and weapons with lightning damage. Might be a scary sight.

19.jpg

3 hours ago, Mummelpuffin said:

I'll be dissapointed if I don't see at least one unit abusing Standard Bearer and weapons with lightning damage. Might be a scary sight.

Maybe...maybe.

Until an enemy Master of Scimtar druid rolls in and gives their group 50% electric mitigations....

:)

Edited by Tinnis

4 hours ago, Mummelpuffin said:

Also, I'll be dissapointed if I don't see at least one unit abusing Standard Bearer and weapons with lightning damage. Might be a scary sight.

I did a little testing, the standard is an immobile ground effect like Templar's Divine Light (inconveniently, it doesn't have a visible indication of where it is yet). It's kind of small, maybe a little bigger than DL. It should be pretty easily countered by withdrawing to force enemies to move out of its range.

Of course maybe that's the point - it's a form of area denial, you throw a standard down to force enemies to either leave that spot or face your group with overpowered buffs. Anyway there are counterplay options, so it won't be so scary.

Stoneborn>Knight>shield fighter>holy avenger>master of hammers>eminently punchable>stoneskin>sturdy

Or maybe...

Centaur>Champion>juggernaut>runescarred gladiator OR destroyer>master of axes>finish him!>furious>careless whisper

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus