Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Andius

So are there any combinations you want that haven't been announced

In the new reveal they state they may be filling out the racial combos a bit more if there is demand and they make sense in the lore. So are there any combinations you would like to see that do not already exist?

I'll start.

I think Fae Ranger should be a combo. The fey are connected to nature as is evident by the fact druid is a racial option, and they are a highly dexterous race for whom the use of archery seems only logical. Not only that but this seems like it would be a common class to the male Fae who when exiled from their society, might logically turn to living off of the land.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

I'd say Centaur ranger, but since they could use bows with the "Master of Bows" discipline I think that's fine. I do want one of the human classes (Knight or templar) to have access to polearms though. Seems kinda lame to only let spears be used by the horse men.

Some of the discipline information seems to be outdated already. There are disciplines available to the legionnaire and stalker. Those classes no longer exist. They were merged into the cleric and ranger.

So that being said I would assume polearms are available to clerics, which is a class available to humans.

I agree fully with you on the Centaur archer. The only reason I didn't advocate for it is because there is supposed to be a ranged variant of knights. I feel like a ranged variant of knights fits centaurs better than a true ranger which uses traps and such.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

A magic Minotaur would be cool. I know it's probably weird. Might not even be possible with'in the lore they made. But I just keep thinking about Bray Shaman from Warhammer and how cool they are. So if it is at all possible that Minotaurs might become shaman like, or have some shamanistic tribal culture. Would be pretty cool to see a Minotaur Druid or Frostweaver to get in touch a shaman flavor. Elken would work for that too. But it would be much less cool. 

Tons, but there's time. ;p

I'm sold on the character building design now. We just need to test the absolute poorly made socks out of this stuff, eliminate the game-breaking stuff (and there will be game-breaking stuff around every corner) and replace it with cool, new ideas.

On 17/5/2017 at 1:21 AM, Andius said:

Some of the discipline information seems to be outdated already. There are disciplines available to the legionnaire and stalker. Those classes no longer exist. They were merged into the cleric and ranger.

well the legionnaire does technically still exist in our testing version, I could imagine they might have an internal version with a stalker maybe which could be the reason why they still have those 2 AT's able to use some of them, in fact fairly sure as there are some that are listing cleric as one that can equip them(in fact saw one that had both legion and cleric listed on same disc), and they most likely have and internal cleric as well by now

Human Frostweavers. I just read the story snippet about the Nethari and by Valkyn they coudn't be more of a "race" of unpleasant people if they tried. If I was a human in that world with their pretentious church of fire around babbling about "cleansing the impure", I'd try to learn the art of the exact opposite element than the one they preach: Frost.

• Elken Druids are the most necessary, no question. Look at their lore: essentially "gifted" by Gaea with the power of beasts and possessing mastery over the deepness of the forest, I really don't understand how they aren't shamans or druids, given they are steeped in Nature magic! They were conceived by Gaea blessing/cursing them into beasts, surely they can wield the wild and bestial magic of Gaea as well? I say remove their Knight class (they already have templar as a tanking option, and Knight is the most bloated class out there, having 6 races available, while the druid has half of that), or even their confessor class (which personally I love, but lorewise, druid makes waaaay more sense), and give us another healing accessible race!
    • Not only that, but if you look at the poll, no one cares about Elken Knights. According to the community poll, only one person chose to be an Elken Knight out of 32, while Elken Templar were the second most popular choice. At this rate, the only one that'll be disappointed with the missing Elken knight is the one person, whereas I'm sure others will be happy to have more races with access to druid healing for their party balance and composition.
  • Guinecean Druids: just like the Elken, their race was conceived by being steeped in Gaea's gift, granting them sentience and dexterity, surely they can channel that into nature magic. And again, beasts using bestial magic just makes waaaaay too much sense.

I'll have to take a closer look. I do wish I had played SB back in the day, seems like a pretty insane creation system and if this is what SB was then it's a shame I missed that bus.

Edited by Apok

3 hours ago, PropheticPlatypus said:

I agree that Elken Druid needs to happen.

Outside of that, it seems like Druids should be able to grab Blade Mastery discipline to go with their Scimitar Discipline. 

Considering the abilities it grants (and the removal of the life stree) I'm assuming it's more for a support tank, debuffing build ala Red Mage from FFXI, which is exactly what I was hoping to build. An enfeebling melee mage, supporting in every aspect... 

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

On 05/18/2017 at 10:23 PM, RKNM said:
  • Elken Druids are the most necessary, no question. Look at their lore: essentially "gifted" by Gaea with the power of beasts and possessing mastery over the deepness of the forest, I really don't understand how they aren't shamans or druids, given they are steeped in Nature magic! They were conceived by Gaea blessing/cursing them into beasts, surely they can wield the wild and bestial magic of Gaea as well? I say remove their Knight class (they already have templar as a tanking option, and Knight is the most bloated class out there, having 6 races available, while the druid has half of that), or even their confessor class (which personally I love, but lorewise, druid makes waaaay more sense), and give us another healing accessible race!
    • Not only that, but if you look at the poll, no one cares about Elken Knights. According to the community poll, only one person chose to be an Elken Knight out of 32, while Elken Templar were the second most popular choice. At this rate, the only one that'll be disappointed with the missing Elken knight is the one person, whereas I'm sure others will be happy to have more races with access to druid healing for their party balance and composition.
  • Guinecean Druids: just like the Elken, their race was conceived by being steeped in Gaea's gift, granting them sentience and dexterity, surely they can channel that into nature magic. And again, beasts using bestial magic just makes waaaaay too much sense.

YES!  i want to see Guinecean druids more than any other combo not in the game or most combos in the game for that matter.  :)