Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
youma

End the gender discrimination of the Glorious Guinecean sows!

So here is a page on gendering guinea pigs. Seeing as gendering a guinea pig requires scrutinizing their so oh oh ohh sex junk I can't help but wonder why the latest race/class table still lists the Guinecean as gender locked as male.

Unless Artcraft is going to render Guinecean wedding tackle I really don't see why the continued oppression of strong independent Guinecean sows whom don't need no boar continues.

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

Yeah. I would just label them as non-gender specific rather than male. The elken and minotaurs are clearly males by their horns but the Guinecean could really be anything. Honestly the male models make great female models. We don't need to go the WoW route of anytime something is female you give it hips and breasts and try to sexualize it.

Given that even in modern America there are guys in skinny jeans and girls in plaid and camouflage I don't think it would be at all odd to say that in a race where both genders look the same that they would also dress in a unisex fashion.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

What about Guinecean genetics?

If it's anything close to what I know about cats, the main genes to determine fur color are on the X chromosome. So Males would only have access to 1-2 colours of fur, while females can have up to 3?

That would probably be the only difference, unless we want to offer the possibility for males to grow a magnificent moustache. (which would totally be awesome BTW)

Edited by Gaulwa

For the record, in another thread JTC mentioned that stoneborn are technically genderless, but still have a male designation. Could be the same for Guineceans

Technically, they're more like Stone Golems or Earth Elementals: skin of living stone, beards are tangled roots.  As such, they don't really have a "gender", but they look more masculine... hence the indicator on the chart.

Todd

You know you're spoiled and bored when you complain about the gender locking of a fantasy rodent, lmao. Yes, I guess we could always let them choose the gender with zero difference between the models, so why not?

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

All we need are a good variety of faces and furstyles for the Guinecean (please no boobs on Gs :wacko:) I'm pretty sure one of the Gs in this pic is already female:

gpigs-860x280.jpg

tiPrpwh.png