Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This seems like an obvious choice for a new race post launch.  Shades and nephilim were my favorite of the Shadowbane races.  I don't think we'll ever see a nephilim  or aracoix equivalent with the devs indicating that don't want to do true flight.  I do hope we get to see a doomsayer like class at some point though.

That would almost be the same as a shade mage assassin.  Which has me thinking about promotion classes and the possibility (if they're still in the plan) of a promotion class being viable for more than on base class.

Nah, if anything they should just make all the elf races cuter. They really need to push the angle that the fae, wood elves, and high elves are magical. Just make everything associated with them ultra cartoony and extra cute. This way if you want to be a frostweaver/confessor you need to be a super cute elf and in no way resembling anything undead. Devs should listen to my awesome advice on this one.

Jezvin

uXa

16 minutes ago, Jezvin said:

Nah, if anything they should just make all the elf races cuter. They really need to push the angle that the fae, wood elves, and high elves are magical. Just make everything associated with them ultra cartoony and extra cute. This way if you want to be a frostweaver/confessor you need to be a super cute elf and in no way resembling anything undead. Devs should listen to my awesome advice on this one.

You sir are a hater. :( 

Any caster should have to be an elf. Elven lore is rich in magical power.  To be anything but an elf would be a dis-service to the  years spent building the Elf race as a magic creature. I feel ALL casters should be elf only, female elfs at that. For the males, through out the lore, were hunter types, they left the magic to the women folk. So YES, all caster types should be female elfs.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

I think a shade would be a good idea, I didn't play a lot of SB but weren't they an almost zombie-like race?  I think if you go this route it would be important to really separate them from the Vessel system because we will all be kind of an undead soul already.  To make them fit in with the lore of the game I would think the Vessels of these creatures would have been prepared for death properly before the Crow takes over. I think you should really see the effort that was made to prepare the bodies for a crow to take over. Lots of makeup, jewelry, basically a bejeweled race that really stands out on the battle field. Thank : "GLAM-ZOMBIE"  !!! and the males should have mandatory Man-buns as the only hair option.

It would be cool if you could make frostweavers of this race really shimmer blue for that extra sparkle!

Eli

20 hours ago, weaponsx said:

Any caster should have to be an elf. Elven lore is rich in magical power.  To be anything but an elf would be a dis-service to the  years spent building the Elf race as a magic creature. I feel ALL casters should be elf only, female elfs at that. For the males, through out the lore, were hunter types, they left the magic to the women folk. So YES, all caster types should be female elfs.

20 hours ago, Elii said:

I think a shade would be a good idea, I didn't play a lot of SB but weren't they an almost zombie-like race?  I think if you go this route it would be important to really separate them from the Vessel system because we will all be kind of an undead soul already.  To make them fit in with the lore of the game I would think the Vessels of these creatures would have been prepared for death properly before the Crow takes over. I think you should really see the effort that was made to prepare the bodies for a crow to take over. Lots of makeup, jewelry, basically a bejeweled race that really stands out on the battle field. Thank : "GLAM-ZOMBIE"  !!! and the males should have mandatory Man-buns as the only hair option.

It would be cool if you could make frostweavers of this race really shimmer blue for that extra sparkle!

Eli

You guys... I hate you all.

On 5/17/2017 at 11:14 AM, dolmar said:

The unborn. Miss that race and wish we had something close to it.  "I don't wana be a dark elf" Maybe I can make a bald moon elf and just call him a alfar/shade

I asked for it in the QA thread :)

my account name is a "nick name" for shades in SB and my avatar is their runestone :)

shade warlock and shade assassin were two of my favorite race class combo's

( I played Alfar in DF too :))

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

40 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

I asked for it in the QA thread :)

my account name is a "nick name" for shades in SB and my avatar is their runestone :)

shade warlock and shade assassin were two of my favorite race class combo's

( I played Alfar in DF too :))

The shade mage rune . What was the name of it?

"edit"  I remembered it Shroudborne

We had a spec group of Shroudborne Channies. Was awesome .

Edited by dolmar

I actually have an active account on MagicBane with a Shade Mage Assasin Shroudbourne Wyrmslayer :)

Deadly as a solo ganker :)

mage  with a giant spear!

Edited by PaleOne

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995