Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scimitar Druid eh?

PropheticPlatypus

So this is pretty interesting. Taking Master of Scimitars removes the entire Life Tray? That's half the druid's base abilities. They instead passively generate healing orbs in combat, but it still seems like that's a tremendous reduction to the druid's support abilities. Scimitars sound neat, but I'm not sure it sounds like it's a good trade-off. 

Another question. They gain an Off-Hand Weapon Slot, and the ability to equip bucklers. So does that mean they then have to choose between Scimitar/Shield and Scimitar/Scimitar? 

I guess is more to give to the class the ability to go full damage when needed.

Two scimitars require the ability of dual wielding and that not in the skill st of the druid. (dnd 3.5 and pathfinder like)

Edited by Aghalys

The Druid still uses Spark as a standard attack giving you a 30m range. The only time it would be required to get in close would be to pick up health orbs generated by the stormcaller passive.

I for one am very excited about this build and cant wait to see what kind of damage output you might get.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:20 PM, Aghalys said:

I guess is more to give to the class the ability to go full damage when needed.

Two scimitars require the ability of dual wielding and that not in the skill st of the druid. (dnd 3.5 and pathfinder like)

To paraphrase an ancient wise man, never go full damage.

No functional at this time. No basic weapon Scimitar. No animation in at this time. Unable to add the "Master of Scimitars" skills to the skill bar.

You would equip a buckler in the off hand. You can still spec into healing disciplines.

Curious about this build too as I'm not enjoying the tray swapping to gain Essence. Wish there was a better way to heal self than the Orbs. I think it would make the gaining of Essence friendlier. With all the new disciplines kiting is more difficult and casting a dozen orbs to get a little bit of health back and a little bit of Essence so you can go back to offense is no fun.

5 minutes ago, Jesteric said:

No functional at this time. No basic weapon Scimitar. No animation in at this time. Unable to add the "Master of Scimitars" skills to the skill bar.

No basic, but you can craft an advanced Scimitar (say out of slag around your EK temple). You can slot the powers in on the death tray. Usuable but no animations.

Hrm. I was having a lot of trouble with my tray's this weekend. I wonder if I overlooked the fact that I wasn't in the death tray when trying the scimitar build. I did craft the scimitar and corresponding disciplines.

I'll try again, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The Druid Skill tree has a lot of staff specific training. Has there been any indication if scimitars would be added or if the whole skill tree would be altered to acknowledge this new weapon druids can use?