Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Pre-Alpha 1 & 2: Snap Test today!

16 minutes ago, Avloren said:

You guys are the best. Seriously.

I guess those other changes are alright, too..

This, I know it is not much, but hitting for 30k vs 3k just seems much more MMOy to me. Was part of the reason I stopped playing WoW. Characters with 400k health was just too much for me. Lord only knows what is the max now

44 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Hey folks,

OK -- so, we are going to do a snap test today, to test some of the new stuff we revealed this morning !

As we have done in the past with significant updates, this means that we need to "reset the clock" back to the smallest subset of players, to make sure the servers don't fall over, and then we'll add more players as stability allows and dictates.  We'll start with Pre-Alpha 1 & 2 and then move on to Alpha 1, etc.

This version has a TON of changes.  Some of it was covered in the reveal; a lot of it did not.  Patch notes will follow after this message, but here is a "Greatest Hits" of fixes and changes in the build that it about to go up.

- There are so many changes that a wipe was necessary: spirit banks will be empty, purchases will need to be re-imported, EKs and characters will have to be re-created.  Skill training was not affected.

- New lighting is in -- but still a first pass!  We need to do a lot of tweaking to make it look as good as it did in the video.  Weather effects and day/night cycle are still being tested internally.

- Disciplines can be added to your character.  There are more than 100 implemented in this version!  A select few of them are not yet working because we're still working on animations, but most of them are usable. 

- To make it easy for you to test these, Disciplines Runestones have been added to the crafting tables with incredible simple recipes.  (This will change, obviously!) Craft or collect a some and use the Runestones tab on your equipment UI to attach them to your character, then use the K screen to add the new powers and passives to your power bar.

- We've divided all damage/health/etc numbers by 10.  We asked for feedback, the general consensus was "the numbers are too high", so we adjusted them.

- Chat bug should be fixed (fingers crossed!)

- Server performance should be improved.  One of the changes here had to do with knotwood/cobblestone/etc, so if you notice any changes with harvesting (can't target trees that seem to be there, etc) please let us know.

- Eternal Kingdoms are now a maximum of 10 x 10 grid squares in size.

- Eternal Kingdoms can now be set to PUBLIC / PRIVATE and you can turn PVP on / off. (!!)

- PASSIVE powers are now in the game!  These are powers that, once added to the PASSIVES area of your power bar, will give you benefits that trigger automatically (you don't have to do anything to activate them; hence the name).  Again: press K to open your Powers screen to add them.

- The harvesting test potions have been replaced with PASSIVE powers that will give you a handicap if you haven't trained the required skills (up to a point, of course).  Since you only have 3 passive slots (currently), there is an opportunity cost in using them.  Choose wisely.

(Hit 'K' to bring up the Powers Config screen.  Drag icons to the slots at the bottom.  The purple icons on the left are the "newbie" passives for harvesting, crafting, skinning, etc.)  Drag one of those into the PASSIVE slots below to activate it!)

- There are new Harvesting potions in the Alchemy tab.  These are not "test potions" like the previous ones; they are more limited in effect and have more reasonable resource requirements.  They do not stack with the group leader passive.

- Parcel crafting test recipes are in!  You can create new parcels for your Eternal Kingdoms.

- Architecture test recipes are in!  You can create buildings.

- Weapon efficiency is in!  How this works:

The multiplier on weapons * resource cost is now active. This is important because it can make you powers cost more or less resource (mana, fury, rage) to use.

+ weapon efficiency is bad,
               - weapon efficiency is good!

- If you have a + weapon efficiency, you will want to use the Weapon Finesse passive to mitigate going positive.

- The Race/Class changes mentioned in the reveal earlier today are NOT in the build (yet!)  This is a pretty big change and will take a significant amount of development time to implement.   We'll keep you updated as that effort continues.

More changes listed in the patch notes, below!

Todd

Does the group leader passives in the skill tree work now? Or are you talking about a discipline?

Edited by Tark

I guess that means it's live right now? *checks backer access level*

edit: alpha 2 and beta 8 at the same time *gets ready*

Edited by PippinSmith

1 minute ago, PippinSmith said:

I guess that means it's live right now? *checks backer access level*

You're gold, so Alpha 2

Come on Todd, we Alpha 2s wanna break stuff too!

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

The multiplier on weapons * resource cost is now active. This is important because it can make you powers cost more or less resource (mana, fury, rage) to use.

+ weapon efficiency is bad,
               - weapon efficiency is good!

- If you have a + weapon efficiency, you will want to use the Weapon Finesse passive to mitigate going positive.

those should be reversed imho, generally - should be the negative attribute while + being the positive one, otherwise it's just confusing.

First time I'm actually here when a snap test takes place.  Ever since they started implementing the Eternal Kingdom tech my performance went below sea level, I hope it goes up for me soon.

Ugh I'm 5 patches behind to download D;

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

4 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

Alpha 2 is enabled for the Snap Test

halfway down the download, I noticed this too slow, can anyone tell me where to enable which forum notifications so I get an email whenever there's a new game update?