Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

Ask The Team!

Unicorns? Really? They'd look pitiful when the hunger got to them. How about some Llama's instead?

"“The unicorn,” Pliny wrote, “is the fiercest animal, and it is said that it is impossible to capture one alive. It has the body of a horse, the head of a stag, the feet of an elephant, the tail of a boar, and a single black horn three feet long in the middle of its forehead. Its cry is a deep bellow.”

"Catching a unicorn is impossible…unless you have access to a virgin woman. “The unicorn is too strong to be caught by hunters,” he writes, “except by a trick: If a virgin girl is placed in front of a unicorn and she bares her breast to it, all of its fierceness will cease and it will lay its head on her bosom, and thus quieted is easily caught.” It’ll suckle until it’s lulled to sleep"

Unicorns revealed

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/fantastically-wrong-unicorn/

unicorn-r.jpg

Edited by rajah

I think my vague hint is :  Player bonds

What's important to me is that we make a must-play experience for the discerning gamer, an experience that once played becomes impactful to our players life history.  When I think of some of my early MMO experiences, it was the most intense and impactful gameplay (and social play) I had ever experienced, and my goal is to build a product/service with that intensity of experience and bring it to as many people who can stand it as possible.  I don't think most people want that level of intensity in their play, but for those that do, there is nothing else that compares.

And if we can do that, maybe, just maybe we nudge the MMO medium forward some, and encourage other teams to try something else which seems crazy, but might just be more fun than we can imagine.

I like what i'm reading here...  Let's just follow through.  Not to be harsh or critical but we've seen a lot of talk and design docs tout the style that MMO's players are looking.  We simply want the core of the genre back.  There has to be a way to take 1999-2004 and progress it to now without stripping it down and creating an experience that does not line up with those core values.

I'm glad to see you guys taking the right direction.  I just hope it happens.

I'm curious on a few things, nothing too major.

What inspired you guys to work on video games?

What games do you like to play when you aren't working on this one?

Sweet or savory?

And the most important question, will there be Unicorns? I mean this IS a medieval game...

I really wanted to make my passion my profession. There's really nothing else I've ever wanted to do. 

I play pretty much everything, on every platform... It's a problem for my social life. Right now my nightly game of choice is Heroes of the Storm, which I'm playing with a group of other games industry folk. 

Sweet. Always sweet! 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

One big one that's on my mind, and perhaps you guys can't answer it yet... but I'mma ask it anyway, because that's what I do! :)

Will there be crafting "archetypes"?  Ot another way to refer to crafters classifications... or will they be something else entirely?

This question comes from the angle of my selfish desire to see crafters as a 1st-tier citizen in the game world, and something that players could focus on exclusively.

In any case, very excited for what you guys are doing!

zjsbjmn.png

Are you planning to have a winning condition similar to Risk (ruling the board or winning by territorial control in general as a natural evolution of Shadowbane) or it's gonna be always connected with time and survival elements?

9UMjjof.png

Edited by fenrisddevil
edited to keep it on topc

y9tj8G5.png

1) What is your favorite kind of weather?

2) Favorite time of day?

1) Aircon is my optimal temperature in Texas. I also freak out with excitement when it rains.

2) 7PM because that typically means sushi time! 

Tully Ackland

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

So nobody wants to talk about Cataclysms ehh? I just want somebody to confirm that we will not go out quietly but with a bang! Like everyone on that world, in that campaign, logs in for the end of days, and oh what an end it could be. Stories will be told of heroes, betrayals, and hallowed alliances torn asunder. This unique concept around worlds beginning and ending begs to have some effort put into making the Cataclysm an amazing gaming experience.

Crowfall: The Official Game of

crowfallwiki.com

Selfish Question: I live in Austin and an aspiring game developer. Any way to see what you guys are doing and how you're doing it? Maybe after the full reveal? Like maybe a community day or office tour type thing?

Edited by kino

For the concept artists - How many iterations does it take to craft the images used for the various archtypes? Are some easier to place than others? Which (of the released ones so far) have been the hardest to work on?

And since the 3D models are closely related to the concept art, does that make it easier to create the models or harder? I assume there are challenges either way.

Thank you! :)

How open would you be to idea of playerbase's suggested archetypes, if they we're through out and well detailed (and of course containing some form of written statement that you can have the rights to use that said material)?

Which one of you is in charge of developing the game's lore? Are you looking for contributors? :D

That would be me.  I did the same thing on SB and W101/P101 -- I come up with the high-level concepts for the Universe (the cosmology, the creation story, the major events, the antagonists) and tie figure out how and where to tie it back into the game rules and content plan.  I've actually gotten much better at the latter; SB had fantastic content that really didn't surface as much as it should have.  I typically rely on writers (like Meridian, who I have known since middle school) to fill out all the details and texture.

For me, the lore is the origin point of the vision.  Every character or mob begins with a written description, followed up a discussion with the art lead to turn that (sometimes fuzzy) idea into a visualized concept.

On this project, I don't have any writers, so I'm having to carry the weight of the writing myself.   It's tough.   We don't have any slots for writers in the plan right now; but it's something that I would absolutely love to add, if and when we can find room in the budget.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]