Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

Ask The Team!

Regarding this thread: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2838-kickstarter-rewards-outside-of-north-america/

Do you know if the Kickstarter rewards will also be available for servers outside of the US? I know that everyone will be able to play on the US servers and use their rewards there. However, there are plans to launch the game in different regions, so I'd like to play on the EU server, for multiple reasons. I'd still like my Kickstarter rewards though.

It's written/asked more detailed in the thread itself. Right now it's the only thing that keeps me from getting any of the $100+ packages.

Gordon and Todd looks like hooligan Cheney and Mark Cuban. Fact.

You had me at hello.

Todd's hair looks more believable than Mark from Cuba's. I don't think I'm doing any bird hunting with Gordon though...

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Do you guys expect DDoS attacks?

I had a lot of problems with kids that use those free online tools (WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED) to attack servers lately... mostly sandbox games, using Unity.

I am sure there are a lot of people that want to know this (and it is game related)

What is the point of the Eternal Kingdoms?

Is it cosmetic and for bragging?

Do they have any form of effect on gameplay in the campaigns?

With all the discussion going on, I feel that there is something we aren't understanding from the information we have been given.

I feel you bro, and I have the same questions/feeling... I hope EKs are something necessary to the game but not that much. If I can't have a certain high level building in my EK to craft gear X, I hope I can find it in a PvP world or something, not having to go to someone else's EK with high taxes...

Edited by BaSkA

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

@Artcraft & Nicholas M.

Since some of you guys mentioned the possibility of doing other streams, I would personally love to see Nicholas working on animations.

As I've said in another thread, to me character and combat animations are one of the most important aspects of a game, largely above graphics, which you get used to after a while. However, you can never get used to clunky and awkward characters animations and combat.

So far from the few gameplay clips, it looks promising, especially for a pre-alpha. Some animations are a bit rough, but I suspect it could be due to the low framerate.

My questions:

Are you guys using/planning to use motion capture? (I believe this is quite expensive, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't.) Maybe something to keep in mind for Kickstarter stretch goals.

Nicholas, any general insight on how to do great animations, avoid some mistakes etc? Also if you have time, please have a look at the thread I made a couple weeks ago: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1703-the-importance-of-polished-character-animations/

Thank you!

Edited by kris

Are you guys using/planning to use motion capture? (I believe this is quite expensive, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't.)

That's a very good idea for a Stretch Goal !

Edited by Nago

Cheney may actually be a demon, so I'm concerned.  Mark's pretty cool though.

In the parlance of dnd, probably more a Devil than a Demon.  Cheney is definitely Lawful Evil. 

Edited by Addykt

Intellectual honesty is an applied method of problem solving, characterized by an unbiased, honest attitude, which can be demonstrated in a number of different ways:

• One's personal beliefs do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;
  • Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis;
  • Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;
  • References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided.

In the parlance of dnd, probably more a Devil than a Demon.  Cheney is definitely Lawful Evil. 

I don't know, pretty sure that guy has bent or broken a lot of laws in his lifetime...

But I love the reference. Leads me to another question!

ACE Team! What are your individual alignments a la DnD? Let's say... 3.5 edition?

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Catching up on the thread, sorry if this has been asked elsewhere...

Most memorable non-combat related MMO experience?

For me in UO, it was getting all the mats to make my own potion kegs, then filling them, then stocking my vendor and porting people from britain bank. (So many others from UO that were great as well, but that one stands out the most cause it was insane profit). 

What  influenced your Kickstarter goal amount?

The reason I'm asking is to me the goal seems like it's barely enough when considering:

• Concept
  • Projected pricing model
  • Backer rewards

I truly want this game not to be just another fly by night game as I'm sure everyone who is reading this does. Just wondering if the Goal amount is high enough to have the games quality to be as grand as it's vision and still be profitable? 

fss_overall_zps6nlm2bcj.png  *Sapphire Backer* http://www.solaguild.com/

Confessor ~ This is my service and my penance: seek out the shadow, expose it to the flame of truth, and drag the sinful back into the Light.

Which of the released archetypes (if any) are able to use pets in combat?

Anyone that have a friend that wants to play a deer or a rodent?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I remember reading how you didn't want dungeons and raid because you didn't want to ruin the game with the item chase race. I have an idea http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3015-crowfall-end-game-trials-of-the-gods-idea/ would this be something that interests you?

-Truthe Yashikawa

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild.  Welcome Home.

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question about the "Physical collectors edition of Crowfall".

1. Will this be sent out around Dec 2015? 

2. Any chance to get a sneak peak at a cover design?  :rolleyes:

3. How will it get sent/ - Hoping the packaging is strong?

Thanks guys, keep up the great work. Cant wait to do some Alpha testing!

BZ

LW_sig_concept6_zpsdcbxhvyp.jpg
The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

Thanks for sharing Art Craft Team.  J. Todd Coleman, its awesome that you are a fan of Shining Force. Hearing Guntz mentioned brings back some memories of a better days in gaming. It sounds like you're all very passionate and it shows. You've sold me on the idea, and I'm excited to to play it. 

I like the fact that you're putting lots of love into the art and so far it shows. I would say don't be afraid to push the limits from a UI/UX perspective and would love to see articles about gameplay mechanics and UX. The weekly updates with new art, game information, and even videos showing process keep me interested and coming back. I'd definitely like to see the "making of videos".  Modeling, art, UX/UI, music are all great content for this.  I'm a UX/UI designer by trade so this area really interests me and never gets enough attention in the gaming world :)

Gordon, Ralph and J. Todd Colman:

What is the biggest lesson learned over the years in making MMO's/Social games?

and if you all plan on designing/developing some mobile or VR aspects to Crowfall.

Thanks!

Thank you doubleshot. For the rest of you, read the original post. This thread is for PERSONAL QUESTIONS. Your game-related questions will be ignored or deleted.

Genuine question here,

Now a days you don’t get a sense of mystery in MMORPGs anymore, after a few months everyone has discovered something, considering the perishing worlds/campaigns, Is there ever going to be some sort of a Urban Legend in the game or even a few and then once someone discovers the “legend” it would never ever happen again?

I mean with worlds being destroyed there is so much potential here; I can’t even imagine where this will go.

Great question! Not a personal question, but a great question!