Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry for the late response but I somehow have missed this thread until today.

It is time to right a great wrong.

Todd

ACE

All I can say is....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqJ1mTkEuY

As others have pointed out that one post says a lot about you. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to get so personal with us.  I applaud you Sir for putting it all out on the line like that!

The reveal on 01/22/15 titled "The Crowfall Universe, Economy/crafting & Raph Koster!" is one that really got me excited about this game.  Since then there has been very little about crafting except "Forgemaster, World Rulesets & Resources ".  After that reveal, I became a little concerned that crafting is going to be limited to or dominated by this one archetype.  Without revealing too much, can you ease my fears?

Edited by Tanom

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vague hint: "I <3 D'Orion"    now, to your real question:   I am ALL IN on Crowfall.  I've invested a big chunk of my savings.  I left my cushy job.  I gave up my safe little nest, and took a

Gordon pointed me at this question, so I figured I'd pop in and try to give an answer!   The hard part about designing a game to have a real economy is that it permeates everything about the game. I

Worldwide access to ACE servers for all early backers is confirmed (again!).  Alpha/Beta access is available to those with the proper entitlements (everyone with a login and who is on these forums has

There is a question that is critical for quite a significant part of the community and for myself as well. Given that combat is action oriented and there is no tab targeting, do you expect the combat to be extremely connection sensitive ? Are you going to somehow ensure that you can play more or less competitively with 100-150 ping ? I figure that quite a significant share of the people posting here is from Europe and possibly Asia.

Regards,

P.s. http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1929-where-are-you-from/ According to the poll my expectation could be somewhat correct.

P.p.s. Some idiot deleted the poll for no apparent reason so don't bother clicking. Last time I saw it active, out of 50 that answered roughy 65-70% were from Europe.

Edited by rajah

To be honest I had no idea what to ask about, but then I figured out, that there is a question that is critical for quite a significant part of the community and for myself as well. Given that combat is action oriented and there is no tab targeting, do you expect the combat to be extremely connection sensitive ? Are you going to somehow ensure that you can play more or less competitively with 100-150 ping ? I figure that quite a significant share of the people posting here is from Europe and possibly Asia.

Regards,

Well, there better custard be a european server.

Officer of The BlackHand Order

To be honest I had no idea what to ask about, but then I figured out, that there is a question that is critical for quite a significant part of the community and for myself as well. Given that combat is action oriented and there is no tab targeting, do you expect the combat to be extremely connection sensitive ? Are you going to somehow ensure that you can play more or less competitively with 100-150 ping ? I figure that quite a significant share of the people posting here is from Europe and possibly Asia.

Regards,

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1929-where-are-you-from/ According to the poll my expectation could be somewhat correct.

I find your question very interesting, didn't think about this before.

Another question just popped in my head while reading yours :

Given that combat is action oriented and there is no tab targeting, people who struggle with mouse aiming precision/reflexes in FPS or fast fingers technics in RTS / action / MMORPG will feel comfortable with the controls?

Mouse precision and reflexes : sometime I feel it's hard to accurately aim on bunny hopping targets in FPS

Fast fingers on keyboard : I am really unskilled and dislike doing this

Edited by courant101

Dear Staff!

I have a financial-like question.

Well, there better ****ing be a european server.

You (staff) said that they're going to sell licenses to EU based companies. It means that the possibility is open for EU based servers.

My question is about this. What do I need to buy a license, so I can make this game available for my region with a low ping? I am talking about Easter-Europe.

Also, do you think, that a start-up can afford your license, or you are looking for companies with the big money deep pocket to buy licenses?

Thanks!

Edited by Lyk3nothx

OIW34IY.png

MA topics for recruitment.

I find your question very interesting, didn't think about this before.

Another question just popped in my head while reading yours :

Given that combat is action oriented and there is no tab targeting, people who struggle with mouse aiming precision/reflexes in FPS or fast fingers technics in RTS / action / MMORPG will feel comfortable with the controls?

Mouse precision and reflexes : sometime I feel it's hard to accurately aim on bunny hopping targets in FPS

Fast fingers on keyboard : I am really unskilled and dislike doing this

This is a legitimate concern with them going action based. However they haven't told us enough yet to know for sure. It could still be soft tab target, we don't know if there is aim etc.

If the game is highly ping advantageous I don't see myself PvP'in much here and probably just craft or something. I for the love of god hate playing games that are highly dependent on ping as I once in awhile get spikes.

@Devs

With minimal in-combat healing, how will you balance the TTK (Time To Kill) so that fights aren't decided instantly and don't end way too quickly(within seconds). If the current ideology of minimal healing proves to be a mistake, would you be willing to change it?

Edited by Helix

@Devs

With minimal in-combat healing, how will you balance the TTK (Time To Kill) so that fights aren't decided instantly and don't end way too quickly. If the current ideology of minimal healing proves to be a mistake, would you be willing to change it?

It might help if you let them know what you think is "way too quickly". They may have a different opinion.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Here's a question that you probably can't answer right now, but it's worth asking nonetheless:

When the game gets going, and you realize that it's going to work, you're going to need more staff.  You have a decent sized audience right now, and there's some talent in this audience.  That talent fits in to many departments that you would require in the future.  Have you considered that some of us can do some of that work?  (I mean from customer service on up to writers, artists, engineers, etc.)  Would you ever post a job opening depending on need, or do you already have in mind who will do what in each department for your company?

You (staff) said that they're going to sell licenses to EU based companies. It means that the possibility is open for EU based servers.

Didn't the say they would handle at least English speaking countries by themselves? I would expect there to be at least a UK server then.

Officer of The BlackHand Order

Testing confirmed in 2 months after the countdown XD

"To be clear: the "reveal" doesn't mean that we are going to release our design docs on the 24th.  There will still be some details that won't be nailed down.  In game development, you might be absolutely sure of something today, and then 2 months later when you are testing it you have to reverse yourself or rethink it completely.  When it comes to those kind of things we'll continue to be non-committal, until we've convinced ourselves we're on the right track."

Gordon Walton~

krevra.png

Do you have a link where that was stated? or where did you find that quote?

Also, I still think we are for sure getting at least beta this year. Its early 2015 and they seem pretty far.

Keep in mind Crowfall has been in development since early 2013.

No reason to be concerned.  I've probably worked for more game companies than anyone you've ever met (and have done due diligence on many times that number of teams), and in my experience it's rare for production terms such as Alpha and Beta to have the same definition from company to company or even studio to studio.

For example, your specific definition of Pre-Alpha I've never personally seen used.  I've promised to lay out some of our development processes in the Team Updates so expect to see more about this in those every-other Wednesday updates over the coming months.  We actually aren't setting our definition of Alpha firmly until we move from a pre-production state into full production.  And in my management process those definitions are codified in conjunction with the team that executes against them, so ours aren't actually set yet!

I have a question for Allison.

I have a sneaking suspicion that your responsible for the lovely little critters we've been seeing.  Can you confirm this?

(given I know your style, it's pretty obvious to me)

And to everyone, what creature so far is your favorite?  Or rather what would you like to see if given a chance? (and budget)

Personally I want to see your take on Wyverns in your world.

Hi yoh, I am indeed working on creatures! :)

Testing confirmed in 2 months after the countdown XD

"To be clear: the "reveal" doesn't mean that we are going to release our design docs on the 24th.  There will still be some details that won't be nailed down.  In game development, you might be absolutely sure of something today, and then 2 months later when you are testing it you have to reverse yourself or rethink it completely.  When it comes to those kind of things we'll continue to be non-committal, until we've convinced ourselves we're on the right track."

Gordon Walton~

Oh god, here's a post that is going to be taken as gospel and we will soon see everyone saying beta is in 2.5 months LOL

^^^^ Serious question.

Tiff's Treats has many choices.   :huh:

ALL of Tiff's treats!

Strange fact; I randomly met Tiff's uncle at Disney World. Since then, the consumption rate has been 3x what it was previous.  

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]