thenebrosity

Stream Clip: Crowfall Devs response to Multi-Boxing

31 minutes ago, Vectious said:

I always try and look outside my box of preference. 

Its not about what i like doing or dislike doing, its how others will see the game and what they are willing to do. 

You cant look at it like "well i like it so theres no issue".

I have done gathering in tons of games, i actually really enjoyed it in Conan Exiles, in Crowfall i cant stand it. Theres to much repetitive work involved to enjoy it. And this isint even going in to the issue that i can only beat on slate effectively. Let alone wood/leather/ore. 

And yes, i do get tired of fighting. Theres a point of diminishing returns on any one thing, if you do it enough. That is human nature. And thats the issue, if the game wont let me change up my game play until months go by, i will stop playing. Its as simple as that. So people bypass this restriction with alt accounts. Thats what new players will be up against. 

Other games, in my 'off' time of events or grouping up with guildies and friends i would spend -hours- gathering resources to fuel other aspects of the game.  While it may not of been a constant enjoyment it at least broke up the gameplay so im not always doing the exact same thing. Again, this is the core issue, i dont want to do everything, i just dont want to do a single thing. 

The passives do help, however, they are basically a jumper around the core development behind the entire skill system. It sorta bypasses the root of the issue instead of addressing it. BUT i will say, i am glad they addressed the issue even a little, it shows they at least identify it as a problem.

I see.

I agree the gathering mechanic is really boring right now but since i plan to be a skinner just for the hunt and not the gathering i kinda can avoid that. It is way more entertaining to fight Mobs than search for rocks.

I also think bored crafters/gatherers will have a easier time than bored fighters since getting in a party and getting some PvP is easy enough. Even though we may have a little disvantage.

On 5/19/2017 at 2:42 PM, excelsias said:

God I hope not.  Macroing and scripting the harvesting of resources would ruin the game.

There is a difference between (RMT) Real Money Trading actually, and Cheating RMT between people who are legit, earn money themselves, I don't care what they do I think it should be allowed in every game, Botting or Hacking, and bots from the Asian regions is what gave Real Money Trading a bad reputation so to speak but generally people do it between their own risk on sites such as "PlayerAuctions" for example I think should be allowed, never spamming, and never posting advertisements to forums for example.

Running Macros, Hacks, or illegal modifications should never be allowed of course.

On 5/19/2017 at 3:26 PM, BarriaKarl said:

Sigh i know people wont listen but i have to say it:

You dont have to buy multiple accounts to ENJOY the game!

The only reason people do it is because they WANT to do everything. That is not supposed to influence how the game is made at all! If somehow ACE could block multiple accounts i believe the playerbase would keep the same as long as the game delivers what it is promising.

Can the players who are planning to MA answer that? If somehow you could not buy MAs would you still play the game?

Playing MA and RMT really arent things that should concern ACE.

And yeah that is a problem, I don't like restrictions in sand-boxed games such as not being able to do every skill in a game, I really hope this game isn't going to be like this but its truly going to be open / sandbox based all around.

Edited by renoaku

You can do everything! It just takes time. Multiple accounts just means you half the time, or third it. or 55th it like Tark. Now Tark will get a lot of overlap at a few points in time but he can just sell the accounts at a huge profit, to other whale newcomers if the game takes off. 

Edited by srathor

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, Vectious said:

I always try and look outside my box of preference. 

Its not about what i like doing or dislike doing, its how others will see the game and what they are willing to do. 

You cant look at it like "well i like it so theres no issue".

I have done gathering in tons of games, i actually really enjoyed it in Conan Exiles, in Crowfall i cant stand it. Theres to much repetitive work involved to enjoy it. And this isint even going in to the issue that i can only beat on slate effectively. Let alone wood/leather/ore. 

And yes, i do get tired of fighting. Theres a point of diminishing returns on any one thing, if you do it enough. That is human nature. And thats the issue, if the game wont let me change up my game play until months go by, i will stop playing. Its as simple as that. So people bypass this restriction with alt accounts. Thats what new players will be up against. 

Other games, in my 'off' time of events or grouping up with guildies and friends i would spend -hours- gathering resources to fuel other aspects of the game.  While it may not of been a constant enjoyment it at least broke up the gameplay so im not always doing the exact same thing. Again, this is the core issue, i dont want to do everything, i just dont want to do a single thing. 

The passives do help, however, they are basically a jumper around the core development behind the entire skill system. It sorta bypasses the root of the issue instead of addressing it. BUT i will say, i am glad they addressed the issue even a little, it shows they at least identify it as a problem.

@Vectious

There are a great many similarities in your viewpoint/playstyle with mine.  I've never been a "have to do everything" player, per se, but typically focus on one area, with breaks in-between.

Sometimes you just need a change of pace for a while, whether due to "boredom", life-schedule changing available game time, or needs of the Guild or a friend, etc.  My need for a change of pace at regular intervals is pretty much a given for me.  Ebb and flow, warp and weft.

What was different about gathering in Conan Exiles?  How did they have that set up?

1 minute ago, Bramble said:

@Vectious

There are a great many similarities in your viewpoint/playstyle with mine.  I've never been a "have to do everything" player, per se, but typically focus on one area, with breaks in-between.

Sometimes you just need a change of pace for a while, whether due to "boredom", life-schedule changing available game time, or needs of the Guild or a friend, etc.  My need for a change of pace at regular intervals is pretty much a given for me.  Ebb and flow, warp and weft.

What was different about gathering in Conan Exiles?  How did they have that set up?

Well put.

It might not be my main focus but i might want to take a break and do something else. And if i cant do that in Crowfall, i will play a different game, and the more i play a different game other then crowfall, the less and less likely i will log back in Crowfall. I see this in my own game-play habits of games all the time.  

Crowfall is poised to scratch all my gaming itches, as long as it allows me to swap between(of course with alt accounts i can anyway). 

In Conan you would have to actually swing the tool to gather, there were sweet spots you could find where two(or more) sources of material overlapp and double the harvesting speed to be more efficient. Weight was a factor as well.

Additionally, there were different types of tools (pick/axe for starters) and depending on which you used for which application you would get additional resources or a special resource. For example, using a Axe on a tree netted you more wood per swing and gave you a chance at 'branches'. While using a pick you would get less wood per swing but gave you a chance at Bark which was semi-rare material used for leather manufacturing. 

Upgrading the tool to higher form of it (like stone pick in to iron pick) also increased the amount of materials you got per swing, however the tool can only be repaired with the stuff it was made from forcing you to make important choices. 

Its minor differences but important ones. With the proper knowledge and attention you can harvest much better then the other guy. In crowfall we are relying almost every aspect of harvesting on afk slot machine RNG. Which is not entirely a bad thing, except when you are expecting this to be a entire person's playstyle for Months(if not years).

On 5/19/2017 at 0:12 PM, thenebrosity said:

I would like to get that response from the devs. Watching a movie while my macros farm works for me! XD

How do you suppose they'd be able to tell that you're using a macro?