Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

Stream notes and video stamps (inc castle tour!)

Posted (edited)

You have 14 days to view videos on twitch on demand until they disappear

LINK 11 am: “Massive Reveal” Q&A – Creative Director J. Todd Coleman and Design Lead Thomas Blair

LINK 12 pm: Powers FX – Senior Animator Greg Tapper

LINK 1 pm: Icons and Runes UI – UX Design Lead Billy Garretsen

LINK 2 pm: Disciplines 101 – Design Lead Thomas Blair and Senior Designer Mark Halash

LINK 3 pm: Environment Improvements – Lead Environment Artist Jon O’Neal

>Caldera and Mountain parcels and grey box castle tour - First look! [time]

LINK 4 pm: Animation Showcase – Senior Animators Eric Doggett and Andrew Cook

LINK 5 pm: Wrap-Up - Creative Director J. Todd Coleman and Design Lead Thomas Blair

notes

Possible addition of a 4th passive slot

Incoming cooldowns on changing passives and power load outs

Spirit whip - all basic attacks jump to two additional targets 50% and 25% damage

Will fill out race/class combos, if the narrative makes sense for it.

Humans more str and spirit than intel

Initial race attributes stats will change

May also vary number of stones by race

Powers will go to class but some will go to race

Wood elfs get the teleport etc

Fae gets wings - dash.

Legio rear kick to centuar and their speed bonuses

Does each race have pro and con? Mainly pros at this point.

Perhaps crafting stones will go to races too.

e.g. stoneborn mining. But dont want to make it compulsory and the only obvious choice for something

Cleric: heals/support stuff. Unsure on resource mechanics. Not just paste of legio powers.

ranger/stalker merge: merge in rather than cut from stalker. Cut some of the weaker ones. Move some to disciplines.

Scouting system: enter CW, fog of war on world map. As you move around, like civ, you will open up fog of war. Scouting allows craft blank map object and scrawl on your map the surrounding area as a snapshot. Can trade the map to another player. Map will not update (snapshot of when scouted, will need to go out and refresh).

Some disciplines will be much more expensive to make

Possibly a commander discipline to co-ordinate battle maps etc

Not totally opposed to say female duelists but wont do it if its stupid

Armor appearance is based on race rather than class. Weapon will be more of a combo or based on crafting design decisions.

Promotions: “lets wait on it”....future design work. TODD: “I dont know”. Need to see how current discipline feel against using promotions and how it feels for the character progression.

New user experience - last thing to work on.

min/max hardcore experience. No hand holding. Hard choices. You can make good combos and bad combos.

(but not only for min maxers just not super casuals. Has optional depth)

Land parcels/houses/crafting stations - recipes coming in.

craft/harvest disciplines - replacing potions. A way to leg up for new people getting in.

40 or 50 mining skill to get the rank 10 nodes (new characters couldn't or shouldn’t be able to harvest them)

Cannot stack disciplines of the same type that are power related - but the stats do stack. e.g. range

Would still like to do transform polymorph disciplines e.g. were-creatures

Not sure how many more combat disciplines we will do but too many will end up with a case where some just arent used or viable...

Can also add more races and classes after launch potentially as well.

e.g. totem tech - drop an object, pulses effecs, can be destroyed.

Will keep implementing themed stones etc.

Consistent colour effects for powers e.g. cleanses or heals to tell what is going on

Master of Arcane - nova - pulls enemies to you

Illusionist - Shadow sight - sees those in stealth around you

Spirit whip only works on melee basic attacks

Songs should be interrupted if the bard is CC’d eg stun

Songs refresh every 6 seconds

Discipline sheet> Racial disciplines? Advantages?

Songs - range between 50-75 meters

Song twisting minor rune - Each has basic and empowered version to trigger empower use song twisting rune - play all 4 songs within 6 seconds - activates buff - next song is empowered version “pure voice”

Troub and bard song numbers can be swapped to do the super twists e.g. bard 1, 2 and troub 3, 4

Toggle = refreshes every 6 seconds or until cc’d

Improved speed song empower is 45% out of combat and 15% in combat
while normal is = 35% out of combat . 10% in combat.

Songs are group only

Stabilising physics before introducing more physics based powers etc

Now the tech to make terrain go up to then properly dig down - real canyons and depth

Desert biome next

Streams and waterfalls

Unknown swimming

Fae - gliding and double jump. (fae druid, frostweaver and assassin will get these)

Assassin will be the fastest attacking character

Shift to races meant they did not tie wings to assassin attacks directly. Might do some as a variant for fae, but unknown.

Possibly training dummies in soon

Still unknown about giving the frostweaver the chain weapon. Perhaps making it a discipline?

2 years and 3 months since kickstarter

Firehose healing and clerics….severely toned healing down with disciplines introduction (no more weapons bonuses on heal powers…)

“Open beta is at the end of the year”

“Open beta before soft launch”

Edited by Tinnis

I caught about 3 hours today off and on today, but missed all things Cleric. Was there anything you could elaborate on as far as the Cleric class. I understand it is not a repeat of Legio. 

Is it still a melee based healer? What is meant by severely toned healing down? Are you saying there will be no weapons with +healing power? Was there any time frame on when more Cleric info may be shared or the class brought into the game?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jesteric said:

I caught about 3 hours today off and on today, but missed all things Cleric. Was there anything you could elaborate on as far as the Cleric class. I understand it is not a repeat of Legio. 

Is it still a melee based healer? What is meant by severely toned healing down? Are you saying there will be no weapons with +healing power? Was there any time frame on when more Cleric info may be shared or the class brought into the game?

stats such as healing modifers and support power still relevant. Just heals will be much weaker at the moment, whether intentinally this weak or not. No more details on cleric design or timescale.

Edited by Tinnis

Posted (edited)

Good work Tinnis, as always. I just have one question: By stones do you mean Disciplines?

Edited by BarriaKarl

Do we know if all buildings are destructible? The stream showed a TOL inside citadel/keep building. Will we be able to knock down the walls and hit it from something outside?

15 minutes ago, yoink said:

Do we know what happens to equipped runes if you swap vessels?

In the live game you would still have the vessel + runes in your inventory.

Right now i am pretty sure they are destroyed.

The biggest thing to come from this is Todd saying if he got another large amount of money he would add boats, ships, and other water related things. 

ranger/stalker merge: merge in rather than cut from stalker. Cut some of the weaker ones. Move some to disciplines.

Was hoping for more details on the merger but this is a good start. Stalker was said to have javelin size arrows and be more of a long range sniper then the Ranger would like to hear about that as well.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Weebles said:

The biggest thing to come from this is Todd saying if he got another large amount of money he would add boats, ships, and other water related things. 

Oh I missed that part. That would be awesome. Ship combat in Darkfall was awesome :P I hear it's pretty fun in Archeage too. That would be a great addition to Crowfall. It could always come in the form of an expansion somewhere down the line also. 

P.S. Thank you Tinnis for putting this together! 

Edited by blazzen

33 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Oh I missed that part. That would be awesome. Ship combat in Darkfall was awesome :P I hear it's pretty fun in Archeage too. That would be a great addition to Crowfall. It could always come in the form of an expansion somewhere down the line also. 

It was said during the 5 PM Wrap Up Q&A if you wanted to listen to it, it was the second or third last question.  He did say it would be something that he'd be interested in doing a few years (3-5) after the game is launched so it's not something to get to excited for haha.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, blazzen said:

21 minutes ago, Weebles said:

It was said during the 5 PM Wrap Up Q&A if you wanted to listen to it, it was the second or third last question.  He did say it would be something that he'd be interested in doing a few years (3-5) after the game is launched so it's not something to get to excited for haha.

more of a "if money was no object what wild idea would you do"

Edited by Tinnis

Did they say anything about uploading the stream to the youtube channel soon? They arent planning to release these as "updates" again right?

Twitch have some serious issues with me and while i can watch it some way or another it is too troublesome. I'd rather they just upload the whole thing in YT.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Did they say anything about uploading the stream to the youtube channel soon? They arent planning to release these as "updates" again right?

Twitch have some serious issues with me and while i can watch it some way or another it is too troublesome. I'd rather they just upload the whole thing in YT.

@Pannsaid will be making its way to youtube. I don't know when, or if that means all of it, or just certain clips or segments - especially based on how they've done it in the past for long streams.

p.s. i hate twitch too

Edited by Tinnis

Awesome work Tinnis! great job! 

I hope it is okay for you, that we used this and translated it into german for our audience. You are linked of course :)

Posted (edited)

regarding healing, i interpretted it as healing would be initially weak during this phase of testing but it is not intended to stay weak, and would be improved through focusing on support power rather than other stats.  They certainly added a ton of new healing options in disciplines so it feels like healing / support will end up being a bigger part of the game in some ways.  Doesnt necessarily mean firehouse healing, though thats kind of a subjective term IMO.  Im fine with strong healing / support abilities so long as they arent too easily used compared to landing damaging effects.  I thought old legionaire design was pretty bad (huge aoe heals) but if most heals are smaller ground / cone / manually targeted then im all for it. 

Edited by Sekcbaba