Tinnis

Unofficial "pretend to design a runestone" thread

In honour of yesterday's LIVE segment, where the viewers got to make suggestions for a runestone and power design (with @scree having a 'Thief' nerdgasm...)

LINK 1 pm: Icons and Runes UI – UX Design Lead Billy Garretsen

What runestones and powers would you like to see or suggest?

My suggestions both serious and sily

Voidmaster
Black hole (Vacuum physics effect)

Treant (or were-tree)
amBUSH! (pretend to be a tree or bush, knockdown any that try to axe you ;p)

Tree spirit/friend/hugger
semi serious suggestion - gain camoflague when standing still next to a tree or real capacity to climb them

Knife/axe thrower
nuff said

Telekinesis
lift an enemy or ally into the air - or then knock them away / up

Also loved @Hyriols (i think) Aeromancer (wind/knockback magic?) and i think also suggestions about powers to swap player locations etc

Edited by Tinnis

Master of Pole Arms weapon discipline.

Lancer Major discipline (spear + shield) Knight class only

• Allows a separate power tray when spear (lance) is equipped and mounted (centaurs are always mounted).
  • Passive horsemanship buff
  • Flying wedge power that allows mounted avatars with this power activated to Form-up like Secutor avatars can and move at the same speed in formation, sharing mass and stamina when charging.
  • Cut From the Herd power deals an automatic critical hit with a knock-back to a single opponent, breaking Secutor formation between target and any other avatar. This attack must be activated within 0.5 second before contact and attacker must be sprinting forward for this power to affect the target.

Hoplite Major Discipline (spear + shield or net)

• Allows a separate power tray when spear is equipped.
  • Spear + net is for Myrmidons only.
  • No spinning AoE attacks with this discipline
  • Ground Pike charged power allows first strike automatic attack at  +200% damage to the first enemy to come into grounded avatar's melee range from the front. Mounted targets are automatically stunned by this power. Ground pike can be charged concurrently with Knight's Block power or Myrmidon's Net Pull attack.
Edited by chancellor

Logician major discipline:

Passive AoE movement buff while within 75m of a pack animal

Passive 10% build speed / P.O.I. resource gathering buff if within range of enemy buildings / P.O.I.s

Year of Plenty Party Ritual: Current parcel gains greatly increased food growth for a time.

• Major Discipline
  • Requires 3-5 players and a long channel time
  • This could be re-flavored for any number of other harvested resources or POI's
  • Or reversed to act as a curse

Ritual Hunter Detect: Party Rituals appear on your compass from 3-5 parcels away.

• Major Discipline
  • Specialized scout discipline

Tree spirit/friend/hugger
semi serious suggestion - gain camoflague when standing still next to a tree or real capacity to climb them

Additionally, assuming nameplates are still in for enemies maybe they're just hidden when in proximity to trees. @Tinnis

@chancellor are mounted combat and formations still on the table? I remember talk of them early on but thought they were wishful thinking.

Yes. Surprisingly, the Secutor discipline I referred to is slated to link the physics capsules of shield users who have this discipline.

Edited by chancellor

Just now, Dondagora said:

Hot damn, I feel embarressed that I missed this thread and made my own for the exact same thing.

Well, i feel embarrassed that i missed that you already recognized it and linked to this thread in your thread.

Gunfighter

Grants pistol as a main hand. (You could essentially be a knight with a pistol/shield combo)

Not sure what the abilities would be, but I think the concept of having a pistol and shield combo to be pretty cool.

Tidal Mage

Those who study the combat of Maeve, strongest warrior of the gods. Focused around water-type martial magic to weaken opponents with constant and unrelenting assault. 

Powers:

• Torrential Flood: Pulsing AoE drains stamina from and slows enemy

• Riptide: Large AoE projectile which silences enemies hit for a duration and does Crushing damage

• Flow/Ebb: A combo power, Flow creates a field of water tendrils, applying crushing damage to those within. This is channelled. Ebb of the Sea, then, pulls/knocks down those within the Flow towards the Tidal Mage.

• [Passive] Sea’s Wrath: Half of Slicing damage dealt becomes Crushing.
  • [Alternative Passive] Relentless Tide: Dealing damage regenerates Stamina

I felt like we're missing some magical representation from the STRONGEST god, Maeve. Critique at will.

Edited by Dondagora

i made the suggestion to @thomasblair in the feedback thread but will pop here with a name too ;p

Siren

Adding of 'Silence' and 'Deafen' debuffs as a counter to song based runestones

The 'silence' debuff would be a single target power that immediately ends the current song and prevents the target from refreshing or starting a new song for X duration - to target the bard/troub.

While 'Deafen' would be more AoE power that prevents the targets from gaining benefits of songs for X duration - to target their group.

[also would be cool if it faded out all power FX sounds - which would make it WAY harder to read what is going on in a fight and allow it to have interesting broader applications as a unique CC effect]

Minor Disciplines:

Thrill Killer

- Passive: Increased damage against people harvesting resources or crafting (or who have done so in the last 30 seconds)

"B0N3d00d and platedewd would approve."

Misanthrope

- Passive: Decreased health loss when attacked by your own class

"Professional courtesy is for the weak!"

Fool

- +1 Minor Discipline Slot

"I mean, think about it..."

Major Discipline:

Troll Blood

-Corrosive Vomit: Cone DOT attack

-Voracious:  Able to eat unprepared food items

-Passive: Regeneration: in combat/out of combat health regeneration

Edited by Regulus

This one is for crafters :)

Major Discipline: Occult metallurgy (Alchemy)

- Transmutation: transmutes metals, for example turns 20 slag into 1 iron or 40 slag into 1 gold.

- Purification: purifies metals, for example turns 20 tier I silver into 1 tier II silver.

Major Discipline: Philosopher's stone (Alchemy)

-  Elixir of life: Gives back some durability to vessels.

Aeromancer

- Displacement Vacuum: Create a fairly fast-moving phantom wind which moves straight from the location you're at towards the direction you're facing. This phantom wind will copy any non-ranged powers used (including effects, such as Spirit Whip).

- Wall of Wind: Create a field which reflects projectiles, magical or physical.

- Feather Fall: Nullify fall damage to yourself and those around you for twenty seconds.

- [Passive] Gale Armor: Periodically Push enemies away.

Created this based on the theme of Aeromancer, or air mage, with some inspiration from Avatar the Last Airbender. Meant to fight while avoiding direct confrontation. Fall damage is their friend, and they counter ranged quite well.

Edited by Dondagora

15 minutes ago, Dondagora said:

Aeromancer

Created this based on the theme of Aeromancer, or air mage, with some inspiration from Avatar the Last Airbender. Meant to fight while avoiding direct confrontation. Fall damage is their friend, and they counter ranged attacks quite well.

a movement sliding power would be fun too ;p

tumblr_static_tenzin_gif1.gif