Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coach

Did we lose quarterstaff forever?

seems during the stream I noticed the quarterstaff line marked through saying discontinued due to loss of Stalker archetype?

could/would no other class make sense using a quarterstaff?

sure wanted to get my Darth Maul on in Crowfall (and fail miserably) trying to whack people on the head, so hopefully it is just sidelined for a little while and not completely removed

or at least maybe let the Druid staff use some similar physical attacks 

P.S. loved the move to MMO away from MOBA though with the Arch to Race/Class changes, kudos for the change!

well we do have polearms and pole-axes which are basically staves just with blades and pointy bits on them so I think that's about as close you're going to get.  I think it's possible they could add staves back in at a later date maybe post launch as part of a new class.

On 5/19/2017 at 3:00 PM, jasta85 said:

well we do have polearms and pole-axes which are basically staves just with blades and pointy bits on them so I think that's about as close you're going to get.  I think it's possible they could add staves back in at a later date maybe post launch as part of a new class.

Those are only for centaurs:

Yes, though certain Disciplines will be restricted to particular Classes. None of the Disciplines currently have Race restrictions, but that may change. (Polearms/Polemace Masteries for the Centaur are the first candidate for this)

Really opposed to this (how hard is it to figure out which end is the attacking end), think they should give polearm use to the more human or larger races that could be able to wield them. Frankly, would prefer they limit weapons to class as opposed to race.

On 19/5/2017 at 9:00 PM, jasta85 said:

The way you fight with polearms/poleaxes are WAY different than you would with a staff.

I would love to get a melee staff too, assassins and cleric would be a nice start to who could use it

9 hours ago, coach said:

Druids too methinks

Nah druid is a ranged class (yes even with scimitar they are still ranged), so would be no point in giving them a melee staff

1 hour ago, Gummiel said:

Nah druid is a ranged class (yes even with scimitar they are still ranged), so would be no point in giving them a melee staff

how is a scimitar ranged?

Just now, coach said:

how is a scimitar ranged?

ehmm magic?, the same can be asked for a (mystical) staff in the first place, or how can a confessor use a book to even attack at all in the first place?

Edited by Gummiel

I'd personally like them to add a melee range attack power to the scimitar

I would also like the quarterstaff to be available to multiple classes as a Weapon runestone.

Its fun to hit people with a stick. (currently the centuar sort of has a stick on their basic pole weapon)

Plus quarterstaff and Friar rune = 'nuff said

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

37 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

ehmm magic?, the same can be asked for a (mystical) staff in the first place, or how can a confessor use a book to even attack at all in the first place?

Does the druid pull the scimitar out and point it at peeps and it shoots magic at them?

not trying to be a smartbutt, i honestly don't know because the game crashes for me and can't play it

or is the scimitar just a prop piece that isn't used (yet)?

6 minutes ago, coach said:

Does the druid pull the scimitar out and point it at peeps and it shoots magic at them?

not trying to be a smartbutt, i honestly don't know because the game crashes for me and can't play it

or is the scimitar just a prop piece that isn't used (yet)?

Currently the only offensive active power it gives is 'Call Storm' - which is a 35m ranged nuke/stun/DoT rather than melee. The other active power - 'Grounding' - is a group buff.

example video 1

example video 2

No animations yet

Hopefully they will also give it a melee ranged basic attack to replace 'Spark'

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, PropheticPlatypus said:

It would be cool to work with the Friar discipline. I think there was a DAOC Friar class that was a healer/warrior hybrid using a quarter staff. Also could be a Templar/Cleric Weapon discipline. 

Yes there was and if memory serves me correctly Quarter staff was the only weapon a Friar could use. Was a pretty decent solo class but not so much an asset over others for a grp.

I remember in SB the quarter staff was a low skill noob weapon, but it had combat animations that made it look like a bad ass staff using shaolin monk.  It was the only staff in the whole game that had those animations, which was strange.

Anyhow...please add staves as a melee weapon!  Maybe in a future weapon discipline?

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png