Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RPKhAZE

Patch not Downloading

Getting an error that says "HTTP Invalid Response" when hovering over the progress bar. Anyone come across this or know a fix outside of reinstalling the whole game? It appears I'm the only one with the issue, Havent seen anyone else complain about the servers being down or unable to patch.

6 minutes ago, Nephal said:

Same.  Universal atm?

Seems to be  a fair few having the same issue; Tho I did read one person got past it just by reloading for an unknown amount of times; 

Personally I've rebooted both computer and client... still nothing sadly

I found a Solution listed on the Dev post

For those of you who were experiencing issues with the patcher, please follow these steps:

1) Open Crowfall in the file explorer.

2) Find the "CFTest" folder and delete it.

3) Re-open your launcher and attempt to patch again.

35 minutes ago, kasabain said:

For those of you who were experiencing issues with the patcher, please follow these steps:

Came here to say this, confirmed.

4 hours ago, kasabain said:

Other way of saying that is: nuke everything and rebuild.

I tried that and the game started to patch for a while (from scratch) and then it stopped on a next error.

cf_fail.jpg

(Luckily, I just moved the CFTest directory and can put it back)

Edited by Aldahen
more data

I think the patcher is trying to apply a patch that isn't there. I patched to 5.01 yesterday and played. Today I am having the same issue you guys are having.

My solution is to go into the CFTest folder and launch the client instead of the updater. Seems to be working.

mael4.jpg

Impossible to patch. I've been having issues with the patcher on a regular basis. It's getting old.
I've tried deleting the folder : no success. I've reDL the patcher, no success. I guess I won't play theN...

Edited by Stormhoves

... if you are already on 5.0.1 (which I luckily got downloaded yesterday evening), you can just buypass and launch the game with the crowfall.exe instead.

I had the same issue. Delete & empty recycle bin of entire Crowfall folder. Then download Crowfall Patcher 3.0 from thier website and reinstall/repatch. It was the only solution.

13 hours ago, Aldahen said:

Other way of saying that is: nuke everything and rebuild.

I'm ok with going nuclear.  being stuck is worse.

Hey folks.  I deleted my Alpha2.0 Patch data folder, as well as the Alpha2.0 Version file in the CFTest folder, and it is now downloading, without me having to wipe the whole game folder.  I am on potato ass DSL, so this is very helpful.  I had also had this problem a couple weeks ago, nuked the folder and re-installed, only to be hit with it again on the new install.  I encourage anyone having trouble to try this.  I also wiped out the Updater Version file just in case, but I do not think that actually did anything.

Update: I did get a client request failed after a minute, after i minimized it and tried to get updater back up by clicking on original icon, which gave me a Host: SingleInstance error.  Not sure if related.  Restarting updater allowed it to start downloading again.

Edited by finitethrills
More info