Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gorwald

Druid stormcaller

Recommended Posts

So as you can see in my signature, druid is one of my fav class, played it a lot in Shadowbane and since the discipline implemented tis week i started theorycraft some stuff base on the master of scimitar center for a full dps one (the passive of master of scimitar give you full essence regen and no burn in cost of the remove of three of life swap)

I first started with the dryad to compensate heals but the heals didn't compensate the damage i got so i started in a more agressive one with banshee for dps/leech life and mudman for some support/resist (only against crushing)

And it ended pretty well !

Here's the video of my first test of it :) 

Basic scimitar with no stats and a basic shield and basic armor (scimitar and shield don't show yet on druid)

This disciplines system is so :wub:

Long time not played the druid so lot of mistakes, specially against a blocking knight ;) 

 

 

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gorwald said:

Here's the video of my first test of it :) 

 

hah you beat me, i have a video to edit with scimitar druid.

it is good fun.

i ran it with bard restoration song and restoration banner from Standard bearer for survival :) 

[and can swap for speed and banner of storms as situation requires]

an offensive version also worked very well with troubadour (op)!

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The test has been confusing and fun. It is great :) So many different directions to go!


example funny fight as a scimitar Druid with troubadar versus @Rietz going super saiyan with Confessor's Master of the Arcane.... [video]


Or i go with the offensive druid with more self and group sustain with scimitar Druid with bard and standard bearer [video]


Or COMPLETELY opposite direction into pure life support bard buffs and root and damage debuffs - mystical staff Druid twist bard and pixie ("the punk pixie performer") [video]

p.s. got owned in this one by not knowing what to do, messing with twist and zerg haha


I am also very curious to try a Druid with master of shield - blocking for reduced damage and CC immunity while draining your essence! :) Also a blind power. You can also put block on one tray and teleport on the other still too for quite a degree of flexbility

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

...

Yea, I've been trying all sorts of druid builds as well. I'll be honest, the pure healing druid is kind of boring to me. I know people are going to enjoy the fact you can heal nonstop now and almost never have to swap to death tray, but the essence mechanic was the fun part of druid for me. I am having the most fun with scimitar dps druid, but at that point I might as well just be playing a fessor ^^ 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

Yea, I've been trying all sorts of druid builds as well. I'll be honest, the pure healing druid is kind of boring to me. I know people are going to enjoy the fact you can heal nonstop now and almost never have to swap to death tray, but the essence mechanic was the fun part of druid for me. I am having the most fun with scimitar dps druid, but at that point I might as well just be playing a fessor ^^ 

aaand healing took a huge nerf now and its nice to break free of that. but yea the "pure heal" tray approach and firehose healing haha ;p

Always enjoyed the duality and flexibility of the druid myself, wouldn't want to 100% heal it

also my preference has always been for NON healing support utility through debuffs and buffs - which we now have a nice handful of for sure!

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In our defence we were having some technical difficulties :lol: but aren't we all - it's a good build and you played well, I'm looking forward to seeing you out there again!


:^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the perma snare on my account this whole test...

It was a very good fight and I enjoyed it very much, glad to talk to you about your build afterwards, it was neat!

All these discs add counters, and counters to those counters...so much interaction and thought to put into it.

Edited by scornoflife

ScornofLife2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, Tinnis said:

The test has been confusing and fun. It is great :) So many different directions to go!


example funny fight as a scimitar Druid with troubadar versus @Rietz going super saiyan with Confessor's Master of the Arcane.... [video]


Or i go with the offensive druid with more self and group sustain with scimitar Druid with bard and standard bearer [video]


Or COMPLETELY opposite direction into pure life support bard buffs and root and damage debuffs - mystical staff Druid twist bard and pixie ("the punk pixie performer") [video]

p.s. got owned in this one by not knowing what to do, messing with twist and zerg haha


I am also very curious to try a Druid with master of shield - blocking for reduced damage and CC immunity while draining your essence! :) Also a blind power. You can also put block on one tray and teleport on the other still too for quite a degree of flexbility

These are great thanks for sharing. You are so good at landing that Bear. I've taken it off my bars in most of my builds cause I can never land it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jesteric said:

These are great thanks for sharing. You are so good at landing that Bear. I've taken it off my bars in most of my builds cause I can never land it.

i can only land it off a stun from shroud of darkness or call storm from scimitar (or an ally knockdown) if the enemy is even slightly moving - you will miss it, because it has the worst targeting and speed ever...

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i can only land it off a stun from shroud of darkness or call storm from scimitar (or an ally knockdown) if the enemy is even slightly moving - you will miss it, because it has the worst targeting and speed ever...

And even then they often retaliate out of the stun or it just wears off fast and the Bear misses anyway ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

And even then they often retaliate out of the stun or it just wears off fast and the Bear misses anyway ...

yea i have to go for 50% bear charge max on a stun if there retaliate is up (which is always will be on 30s cd)


caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...