Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haliit

Shadowbane-Mourning Vets

Magicbane is for Shadowbane server to for fun times. Bugs being squashed from on Nokia smartphone.

Go for discover the forums and talk to Wiz, she is for to represent server.

-Draconic Warlords, Usual Suspects, Freaks of Nature, Disturbed Forces, The Hate Crew, TSCCC-

Rugero Magnus, ruge, (endless derivative names) saying hello. Started on Chaos (Dominion) then came to Mourning.

So many familiar names here, but the memories are quite fuzzy because, damn, it's been a long time.

Sycon -> Sebastian -> Karradoc

Hands of Providence (House Ancora) -> Sanguine Wild -> The Sundered Guard -> House Avari

Edited by Sycon

Our guild transferred to Mourning after Death closed.  Though we changed the guild name a few times, we were:

Guardians of Aerynth

Verdant Liberation

Knights of Brialla

After Shadowbane, we decided to stick to a single guild name to take to all games and decided to pay homage to our first guild name on Mourning and are now the Eternal Guard.

Played Mourning from beginning to bitter end only as male Aelfborns :)

Had one of the biggest collections of FC items too, aww I missed those days.

Edited by faolchu

didn't see any Tribunal post in here...miss Larith and his band of zealots...

started on on mournng at release with noblesse oblige...city stood (south of khar) for a couple of years. 

was pretty good time...managed to not send our heathen folk to negotiate with the crazy temple...which was good...then trusted 'king stephen' of dragon scale, which was bad (left us in a war with with shadowclan after he took some gold and split for the mainland...he will forever be on me 'to be killed at all costs' list').

early days of sb feel almost innocent :P 

That's what I loved so much about Shadowbane, politics were so nicely embedded into the game.

Like when Lex T. conquered majority of the mainland and thought they were untouchable due to their numbers, so much so they sent a skeleton crew to defend a seige on their capital, then ended up losing it to just a small band of people.

Once people saw that, everyone started rising up and sieging all of their towns until the empire fell to ruins.

Edited by faolchu

Where's the next bane planted by the Fallen Angels?!

Edit: wrong server. The Fallen Angels were on War. Ironically, TFA united the entire server against them, making people less likely to PVP.

Our guild (Gondor) moved to Mourning to two guilds (that I can recall): Windriders and Vashteera's Pride.

Felony did bring a small group of FA to Mourning for a time. They and M2S were subbed to GooL for a bit while we were fighting everyone at different intervals. Then they went back to their mercenary guild gig. Felony was obsessed with fighting QFT for a bit but he always ran a very small crew on there. I think that they officially "won" the Cataclysm server prior to that. Great group of PvPers.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

I remember hearing about Cataclysm at the time, but the idea of a cyclical server, a dying world, didnt appeal to me then. I know that server didnt last very long but how did it play out? Are there any lessons to be learned from cataclysm as CF prepares to try similar concepts?

PFq3vWQ.png

I remember hearing about Cataclysm at the time, but the idea of a cyclical server, a dying world, didnt appeal to me then. I know that server didnt last very long but how did it play out? Are there any lessons to be learned from cataclysm as CF prepares to try similar concepts?

I was too busy on the Vengeance server at the time to give it a shot, so I don't know exactly how it played out. I just recall reading that FA satisfied the victory conditions and had something named after them in the game as a reward. I suspect that the experiment didn't garner as much interest as hoped since it wasn't repeated.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

I was perusing the archives on my forum and came across this very old retelling of Mourning's early history from my guild's perspective. Thought some people here might remember a lot of the guilds listed:

Too many battles and sieges to do justice to them all. Here’s just a few that have always somehow managed to linger on in my memory. Winter’s Gate version 1.00 – I just got pegged with leading Morloch’s Vengeance and am dragged into a war against the Blood Axe Clan juggernaut by our old allies, The Frost Horde. We lost but it was a good day to stand besides a guild who’s history was linked with ours in the Utter North. Winter’s Gate version 2.00 – having been betrayed in short order by the The Frost Horde after having drawn the aggro’ of Blood Axe Clan, we ended up knocking on their new capital Sturmgrammestor (otherwise known as City of the SB.EXE) with the Undead Lords and the rest of the UHA in tow. That would mark the start of the second UHA versus Rainbows server war. The bulwark defense of Mordkessel was one of the notable highlights in the liberal exchange of bane scrolls that passed between the two zergs. 

Blodox Faste. Hold the Line still functioned as a barrier to movement and it was just a beautiful thing to see an entire line of barbarians and warriors formed up to shield Blood Axe Clan’s and the rest of UHA’s magic-users. The melee was intense and chaotic, right out of the opening scene of the Gladiator. 

Calenost. Capital of Braialla's Presence, a good bunch of people in the unfortunate position of being neighbors with the Undead Lords and the rest of the UHA on Undead Isle. When the fragile ceasefire between them broke all Hell broke loose. What was distinctive about this battle for me was how dogged BP and the rest of the lore community was in thwarting the might of the UHA. Mind you this was a time when some hundreds per side would show up to a bane. Not Xanten numbers – but without a doubt some of the biggest showings on Mourning. Rocks came down multiple times and the plucky Tree-Huggers gave each one their all. Though Calenost burned in the end, ever since then I have carried the determination of its defenders with me. Respect BP. 

Chaos Rising & Morloch’s Vengeance and Infiltration and Mordkessel. Spite’s shift as Thane. Goretash is sitting around the campfires bored off his socks so he figures it would be a fun idea to throw a rock on our next door neighbors, Equilibrium. ( - I kid you not, this is how deep our ‘Game of Thrones’ usually gets in the Vengeance ranks -) The idea was to keep it Nation versus Nation. We get rocked in the run up to the bane and Equilibrium thinks the fight is over before it began, bane time comes along we rock the joint, send them packing and capture the Tree. Overnight EQ brings in UDL and the rest of the UHA and drops rocks on Infiltration and Mordkessel. Turned into the longest and most important weekend in the guild’s history. The usual UHA lined up behind EQ/UDL and we called in the lore community to check the UHA’s zerg. At Infiltration, for a moment it seemed like the fight was going to be a balanced slugfest but then UDL pulled their ace, newly arrived from Chaos, Dominion joined the fray on the side of the UHA. That changed the playing field significantly but in the end – even with the number advantage they had, they simply outfought us. Infiltration lasted hours but in the end they won the field and in so doing won Mordkessel as well. The oldest Tree of Life on the server burned and one of the oldest guild’s of Mourning dropped the weight from its shoulders, became leaner and meaner and is still around today as The Destroyer’s Legion. 

Nyos. In the end there really was no battle for the city. Some lowlifes jumped into an active IC’s account and tore down everything around our ears and then went on and one for days, largely by themselves seeing as how they were mostly abhorred by the player community for what they did, about how keen they were. The battles AROUND Nyos though, that was something to remember. KotG (OPP/UDL/Mutt Mix of players) was heavy on the Zerg against us. They wanted a win and they were doing everything they could to achieve it (we had no idea how far they would actually go with this) including stacking the player deck against us. Serivahn made it absolutely clear that this would be something we would handle ourselves come what may and I will be honest, I have never seen the guild fight with such heart. For a week straight we had running battles with a force – on a good day – twice our size. We couldn’t push them out but more importantly, they could not clean us out either. We fought hard and we fought well. 

The Book of Fallen Temples. The RP community came together shortly before the demolition of Nyos to try out a cooperative RP/PvP narrative. For the most part it was a great success – you can read about the story as seen through the eyes of one participant here . One of the highlights for me you can read about in Chapter 8 of the same story. The 4 Nation Free-For-All at Cittá Bianca del Marre. TCE/AT/HoA/TSG all fighting over control of the city simultaneously. It was insane. And to their credit, even though they were right in the center of the zone of control, Sarafias and his people from AT absolutely demolished all-comers. It made for a thrilling and fun evening, it was all the more enjoyable to think that this was a battle designed and executed by players that would further something more than a guild’s collective e-peen. It was a pity that the Book of Fallen Temples had to end so abruptly. 

The thing that struck me most as I began to write up my recollections was how much has come back to me by the time I got to the Book of Fallen Temples. There were a lot more battles, small skirmishes and sieges and chance encounters on some corner of Aerynth that I can count as being an incredible moment during my time here on Mourning. The list, if unchecked, could go on for some time. I’ll settle with this knowing that I am doing a good deal of injustice to other battles that are definitely worth remembering. Just have to keep those on hand for a future Tell. Looking forward to seeing what the New World has for this old horn

(not interested in arguing any of the points in this. This is just the perspective of Grimjack, which is of course going to be biased.)

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

I started on mourning in TSG, well Sanguine Wild to be exact.

We planted the first seed on mourning and captured the first realm.

Elves, AT and TSG holding down that lore style play !

Qr86Kle.png

I absolutely loved how all of the Chaos guilds came over to Mourning to beat up on the carebears. I tried to warn them as a native of both servers, but they wouldn't listen. 90% of them got wrekt

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ

I just found out about Crowfall. Looks like a good place for us old timers to be.

Spawl - Mourning / Corruption - The Shipwrecked Pirates