Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haliit

Shadowbane-Mourning Vets

Hey

there goes the neighborhood.... hail Player...

allow me to take a moment to those who read the Mourning Forums....and most especially for those who had to MOD said Forum over the years...

i'm going to do something i've not done before.... Apologize....

yeah, for having to read all the Pink text....for the not even thinly veiled innuendo, the puns, alliteration, music links, links to obscure economics data and papers, heck....all the wild linkages i spewed that had to be checked cuz some folks stepped way over certain lines, for saying things like "intercourse off, bish" and all the OPP funtimes, for inserting fluffy bunnies into sentences...for all the dictionary searching due to my sometimes sesquipedalian tendencies

all that and more....hey, sorry...my bad.....

but then....

i got to thinking a bit, and realized...just how entertaining those Forums as a whole had to be as a job .... even the volunteer ones, but how much sweeter to get paid to have to read all the drivel, genius, bile and rants that were as much a part of the Game as a PL group to some

and i think... screw those fluffy bunnies right in the sparkly unicorn until the cupcake sprinkles fly out of their kewpie doll !!

and then i feel better....

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Hard to believe some of you been around since mourning and are still so bad at sb. 

Got crushed then, get crushed now and soon to be crushed by "The Kitties"

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/137-the-kitties/

Bah....you still cant kill my preist :P

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Mourning is the wizard101 of shadowbane.

awww... we <3 u 2!

but riddle me this...what server went from Launch to Reboot?

yer Honor...the Persecutions rests...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Where's the next bane planted by the Fallen Angels?!

Edit: wrong server. The Fallen Angels were on War. Ironically, TFA united the entire server against them, making people less likely to PVP.

Our guild (Gondor) moved to Mourning to two guilds (that I can recall): Windriders and Vashteera's Pride.

Edited by bravebellows

My present and past lives: Bravebellows, Keryst Windrider, Andarkon of Gondor, Kalistane, Silphas Nosferatu and Poor Kitty.

Carnage. Vengeance. Mourning. Redemption. Saedron. Thurin. Test.

My first real gaming moment was on Carnage, at Launch.

Had made an Irekei Unarmed Scout. Had found some Scout armor pieces which were dropping so started pointing up Light Armor (LA) with the hopes of wearing it, at some point. Made it to Khar and somehow between training LA, pointing up Dexterity and Intelligence, was able to equip my Scout armor pieces.

Long story short, I was with about 3 full groups of noobs who were nuthugging and leveling up. An Irekei Thief came in and killed everybody but me. He messaged me why I was not killed, due to my being Irekei and that I had 100% armor on. Was my first experience with an Irekei RPer and from then on, I was hooked on PVP and RP.

After a couple servers later, had migrated over to Mourning and met some good people and had some good times.

One of my best Mourning moments was an epic bane in the desert where we fought all night. Ended breaking all my gear on all my toons. We lost our city but we were heavily outnumbered and we made them pay for the win. Acriminal, Kyler, Aesun, and others who I cannot remember their names (Sorry!), thanks for the good memories.

For the first year and a half after release, I played with The Tribunal on Mourning.  When my guild petered out and died, I quit the game only to return a few months later when Corruption launched with the new map and my guildies came back to SB, I joined Ordo Castrums Carnifex at Corruption launch.  I guess most of my SB friends were burnt out on the game, so unfortuantely, it didn't last long.

When I came back to SB years later, all I knew well was the temple classes, so I joined up with Saint Malorn's Fallen on Vidication for a bit.

Never really got into any of the emulators and didn't post on forums much, so I don't really know many people outside of the nations I was a member of.  If anyone knows me, I've always been the templar known as Kylock the Enforcer.

As far as Crowfall goes, by this point in time, it's super-hard for me to get excited about any new MMO announcement, but I can't help but to have high hopes here.  Crowfall might be what I've been waiting for.

I never could get into Mourning.  I played with QFT because the hate was fun and I had run with a few of them in the past but it was always side action.

I really had more fun on the lore servers than I thought I would.  The charter restrictions added so much depth to spec groups and stupid strategies and forcing you to be successful using them.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"