Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haliit

Shadowbane-Mourning Vets

Had made an Irekei Unarmed Scout. Had found some Scout armor pieces which were dropping so started pointing up Light Armor (LA) with the hopes of wearing it, at some point. Made it to Khar and somehow between training LA, pointing up Dexterity and Intelligence, was able to equip my Scout armor pieces.

Also remembered that I had stayed on Noob Isle and did not promote. Kept xping all day, getting in groups and meeting new people. Didn't know it at the time but I had accumulated a lot of negative xp. When we went out hunting I had dinged like crazy and became max level. LOL.

Had found some Undead on Noob Island which dropped Heavy Armor and was farming that. My idea was to sell it later. Same for the Scout LA chest pieces I looted.

Standing around, yelling in Khar, selling armor, was how I made my first legit gold (Free gold is better!) Later on, a Thief friend of mine discovered we could steal Disciplines and Contracts from mobs which we later sold to get the gold for our first city. Didn't take us long to get established. Spent most of my time, between patrolling the desert, doing politics with other desert guild leaders who were Irekei. Trying to unite the tribes. LOL

Playing on Loreset server with Shadowclan was also another fun experience, despite the Dwarf war we had. Lost our group screenshot but another good memory and good times.

Mourning was alright to play on. Some good people and PVPers. Could almost say that for every server though. Server pride is just that

Edited by ghirular x

Original Mourning player myself good to see lots of old names again  :D

hail Player....

this Thread makes me "harder than chinese algebra"-(Tom Waits)

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Original Mourning player myself good to see lots of old names again  :D

Hey man!

Fadwa here.

Ditto.

LOL. To the non-Mourning players and  non-SBers, here's Teddie:

Edited by ghirular x

Rhend from House Avari is here to torment Steven Dragonscale and crew to hell and back. 

Rhend - SB - Hy'shen/Avari || Rhend - AA - LotD || Dynereir - SB - House Lok-ri || Magius/Amok - AC - Too many to list

Rhend from House Avari is here to torment Steven Dragonscale and crew to hell and back. 

hail Player...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

So what's the count guys?  We going to get something going here? Is everyone still clinging onto their old guilds, or ready for something fresh?

IRC? Voice chat?  Would be cool to have a place to hang just for the sake of catching up with everyone.

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ

nef has an irc channel up iirc, addy is in that official communications sticky in GD i think

as fer meh....there's no QFT anymore, and no Blas....

guess that makes me a free agent up for bids.....heh

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

nef has an irc channel up iirc, addy is in that official communications sticky in GD i think

as fer meh....there's no QFT anymore, and no Blas....

guess that makes me a free agent up for bids.....heh

Excelsior!

Where's Blas?

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ

ummmm...florida?

Excelsior!

My God....

i know right?

pinged him on FB....

mmMMmmMMmmm......Pink.....

could get....ugly, i'll need at least two cans of pure ether, among other....things....

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

Here you go folks

ScreenShot03052004_23_09_50.jpg

The Planting of Chaos Circle on Forbidden Isle in preparation for the Chaos server shutdown/migration.  If only I had remembered to move the damn box out of the way so you could see the whole map of Mourning. Thanks for the tree OPP

arazainterms.jpg

Dark Carnival's terms of surrender to the Arazain militia.  Many folks on Mourning were very unhappy about our conflict with them.  They had the oldest tree on the server at the time and they were feeling pretty secure with a lot of old guard support on the server.  

Many of their allies being tied up in the final Rainbow alliance vs UDL/Balance conflict could not come to their aid. They still managed to bring about 65 folks against us.  Around 15 DC and 8 OPP annihilated their force 3 times and took the city. We had alt accounts with Godly Int'd def sentinels that we'd send into their stack before we sent our main groups in.

ScreenShot04132004_19_36_37.jpg

One of our early banes starring Kenos the lvl 42 Aelfborn X-bow warrior.  Got more kills than anyone at the bane.  What a wierd template amirite?  The birth of a Shadowbane legend.

ScreenShot06022004_20_25_15.jpg

We had beef with a guild called Defenders of Fate but they were a UDL ally and we had an agreement with them that we'd stay neutral and not interfere with the ongoing Rainbow war. Kanien of UDL offered us 40 commander runes and 50 million gold if we showed up to the bane of the Rainbow leaders capital as a show of force, sending a message that they had no chance against the Undead Alliance and to back down. We took the merc payment, showed, and sure enough UDL finished out the war.  As part of our agreement UDL agreed to stay out of our business with DOF. As you can see above UDL did not keep their promise and rolled alt toons to embed in DOF.

This sparked the next massive war between the Undead Alliance and the Pink Pirate Carnival (Order of the Pink Pansies, the Shipwrecked Pirates, Dark Carnival, and Rerolled.)

ScreenShot06072004_20_48_48.jpg

PPC army at the forbidden isle runegate during the bane on Chaos Circle (DC capital which we lost that night).

We eventually took down Myrkuls Dominion later that summer.  Was a bloody war that was for the longest time trapped in a stalemate.  Something like 40 banes within the span of 2 months (brutal).