Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slayus

How will you build your Assassin?

Let's see all the different combinations and playstyles people will be choosing for their sneaky, stabby vessel.

With what we know so far this is my "loadout".

Race: Fae (Gotta have those wings :P)

Weapon Rune: Master of Daggers

Major Rune 1: Agent Provocateur (Being able to AoE stun, Heal in stealth AND generate Pips passively.... must have!)

Major Rune 2: Knife Grinder (Having bleeds & poisons will be nice) OR Reality Warper (steal healing)

Minor Rune 1: Careless Whisper (More crits)

Minor Rune 2: Shadow's Caress (passive regen)

Minor Rune 3: Finish Him!

What are your plans?

Edited by Slayus

Master of daggers, blade master knife grinder. long live the fighter, burning hatred and blood price unless she has a good class passive. would swap LLTF for careless whispers if crit is better

8 hours ago, Scumlord said:

Master of daggers, blade master knife grinder. long live the fighter, burning hatred and blood price unless she has a good class passive. would swap LLTF for careless whispers if crit is better

Looks like you're going for quite a bit of bleed damage. Where does the Long Live the Fighter come from?

Not sure how this will sit within CF, but I usually link assissins, thieves, and rogues as sneaky, untrustworthy, etc.I admit any of them can be loyal to one side.  But rethinking Sun Tsu's importance of spies.  It would seem these types would or could be "spies."  And technically be aligned to one side, while actually being active within an enemy organization.  I wonder if CF would allow for such behavior.  ie. Officially sign on to defend a caravan, while really damaging it's purpose.

So, would these sneaky types trying to act as spies, be limited to officially aligning with an enemy, but "team speakiing" info to others?

Just sayin'

War is deception

Crits all the way! My favorite way to play is jumping in, dealing massive damage, then popping out to reset. Such a satisfying feeling to burst down a target! Add in some great teammates, and you'll drop the backline like flies! 

Only the strong survive

giphy.gif

One of the first combinations I intend to experiment with focuses more on AoE, which is probably counter-intuitive to the way we might generally look at the Assassin.

Weapon Rune: Master of Daggers

Major Rune: Poisoner

Major Rune: Agent Provocateur 

Minor Rune: Spirit Whip

By combining the Steal Soul, Spirit Whip and Poisoned Weapon passives, you should make the most of life stealing to improve staying power while loading out Poison and the combination of Spirit Whip and Poisoned Weapon will give you those nice little AoE bombs.

Stealth up, throw out a stun or snare, dive in, do a burst of AoE damage and hop out to reset if your health starts dipping too far. Could be a fun little bomber playstyle with the right guild!

On 23/05/2017 at 3:02 AM, Scumlord said:

Any idea on how much damage bleeds, moderate bleed and severe bleed does? Having to dig the forums for information is a PITA. All i could find is that moderate stacks up to 3 and that both have a duration of 16 secs.

Personally I'd go with a crit and attack speed style build. I think it would be possible when more stuff is brought online with crafting and more disciples are put in.

I'd have to test it out once 5.4 hits live servers.

OS_Sig3.png

As a stealth player I expect two major trade offs for being able to be in stealth: 

1. Coming out of stealth I expect I will be able to do a lot of burst damage due to surprise/position

2. Having the ability to stealth I will expect to be vulnerable and have less mitigatio

I think most stealth players expect these trade offs, so for me I build around either or dependent on the reward environment. Meaning if I can kill solo's and the reward is high Im going to max my burst damage, i'll figure out the min max. If the rewards are not high enough (completely subjective I concede) I will build to mitigate damage so I can get in and out of stealth and harass priority targets (usually healers/back line). 

I do understand Crowfall is going to give everyone a robust tool kit but as an assassin/stealth player, most games reward the high burst gank build. We'll see, but in terms of skills, poisons etc, the single target burst dps meta will play out. There is always a max build, it just requires time and testing. Im betting thats how I will go, look for other stealthed assassins and target straglers, solo's and fat kids. 

Its been the bane of many players in many mmo's, no one likes to be ganked from stealth. However these MMO's put it in almost every iteration of new games because there is a good portion of the player base who either main a stealth toon or alt one.