Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helix

What would you like to see with the cleric?

Here's a few of my ideas.

Cleric

Resource: Holy

Holy is used for healing and defensive abilities, offensive abilities don't uses resources and are kept in check by cool downs. Defensive abilities consume ALL available holy, the more holy consumed, the stronger the effect. [similar to legionnaire rage, except it doesnt generate and requires you to actually land your attacks to regenerate. each hit grants 10% holy up to a maximum of 100% holy].

1h and 2h maces /w shield.

Retaliate: Cleansing Wave

Pulse three waves that cleanse 1 effect per wave. Heals a moderate amount per each condition/status effect removed.

Basic attack

Hammer Bash (damage) -> Mighty Blow (damage, staggers/dazes target) - > Crushing Blow (damage, "crushes" targets armor, making them more vulnerable to crushing damage for a short period of time, generates twice the amount of normal 'holy' if all 3 combos land within a certain time frame).

Holy Defender (block)

Blocks attacks, consumes holy if holy is above 0% other wise it spill overs to stamina. Blocked attacks when defender has holy heal replenish his health slightly and those around him moderately.

Crude Swing

Deals damage to 3-5 enemies in front of the cleric, the amount of holy generated is smaller in comparison to single target attacks and based on how many targets hit. Low cool down.

Backbreaker

Single target damage. High damage, moderate cool down. If target is staggered, guaranteed knock down and critical hit. Works well mighty blow

Smite

10m ranged stun; duration based on amount holy. If holy is not > 0%, judgement snares the target instead. Deals moderate damage. Holy also augments the damage, but is not necessary to activate the ability.

Renewal

Self only buff. Heal targets within 10-15m for a significant amount of melee damage dealt. Consumes holy while active per melee attack.

[Ultimate] Salvation

Very potent group wide aoe barrier that scales based off of how much holy you have accumulated at the time of casting.

Zarya style shielding mechanic that gives you resources/buffs of some sort when you successfully shield enemy damage. 

Promotion Classes: Paladin(Sword/board w/ some healing) - Priest(Maybe a chain healing focused healer to synergize w/ Friar since that disc doesnt seem to be getting used right now) - Prelate or Sentinel(Holy damage caster w/ some off healing?)

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

13 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Zarya style shielding mechanic that gives you resources/buffs of some sort when you successfully shield enemy damage. 

Oooo... If they made old school prelate or Sentinel one of the promotion classes and they used that style of self shielding/ally shielding adds "Valor" pips which effects your overall damage, that could be a very engaging fun play style and give the game a holy caster with support abilities.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

You want to have the cleric do damage to heal? I dont like that. I prefer a cleric just healing. No need to try to damage nobody.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel so just have the cleric focus on healing and leave the fighting to other classes.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Yeah Warrior priest with AE pulses off damage. More damage more healing for those close to you. That would be the smash face one.

Or another path, the zen monk style, leather clad, standing back calling down the fire and light, staff in hand then someone gets too close and the stick becomes a whirling oaken shaft of pain and defense. 

And finally the country priest, wise, calm, and willing to get dirty and get what is needed, done. Harm his flock and you will see the chainmail of the old faith come out to play, strength of stone bedrock, of faith in something greater than he, and a will to stop the sinner and unbeliever in their tracks. 

Yay Clerics! Heal me!

1 hour ago, Helix said:

Renewal

Self only buff. Heal targets within 10-15m for a significant amount of melee damage dealt.

This power does not have the right spirit, a cleric invokes the power of his god to hold his allies ... with this kind of power he will rather give the feeling to drain the life of his enemies. Maybe it could be a chaotic discipline of the cleric.

Edited by Sandoval

3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

You want to have the cleric do damage to heal? I dont like that. I prefer a cleric just healing. No need to try to damage nobody.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel so just have the cleric focus on healing and leave the fighting to other classes.

There aren't going to be any pure bred backline healers in crowfall,  so combat healers is the way it's going to be.

9 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

I've seen clerics be both melee hardy fighters and squishy robe healers. All depends on lore

I'd love to see a healer based off melee dmg, that is the style I've always loved playing.  Another ability could be something to inspire allies that hit your melee target, either a lifesteal % or for a flat amount (possibly a passive or just added to your 3rd melee combo)

The thought of the front line healer sounds great with the chain heal idea, get in there so the heal can bounce around between allies and yourself

I do also like the thought of either 1h/shield or 2h melee, choose between durability or dmg/healing output.  Hell, thinking of a duel mace wielding healer brings a smile to my face too haha.

To expand on the Zarya Barrier idea, I had a thought given the Blackmantle Barrier one can apply to enemies to prevent healing.

Simply put, have the Cleric's powers be based around "Faith".

1. Divine Punishment: Place a Barrier which absorbs incoming damage on an enemy. When a certain threshold is reached, deal twice the amount absorbed in a single blow to the enemy. This means that should the Barrier be unbroken by the end, the enemy will just have been given a free shield for a bit. But it means the Cleric has faith to be able to break the barrier for greater gain.

Essentially, these Barriers would be temporarily disadvantageous, however breaking them would provide significant bonus return.