Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
belgerog

Classes and Roles

Hi all,

i did not found the answer on the forums right now, so i write it down.
If it was already a Thread for that Question i would like to get the Links to it. Thx in Advance.

So now as Crowfall goes the Way to Seperate the Races from the Classes did we get the old Shadowbane Base Classes by any Chance ?

It would be so cool :)

Fighter or Rogue Ranger
Mage or Rogue Assassin
Mage or Rogue Bard (was in SB now it is a Disc)
Healer or Fighter Crusader (was in SB)

There would be some awesome ways to create Chars,

Every Base Class will get its own Advantages and Disadvantages. 
Do i want stealth on my Charaker and loose some tank and DPS.

Im Sure that ACE spoke already about it internal in Team.. But i would like to know if we see that maybe in future ? 

Bavarie Blue / Happy Tree Friends (HTF) and Pirates of Carribbean (POC)

They have added multi classing within Disciplines essentially. If that answers your question.

The Disciplines allow for a Knight for example to be a completely different role other then your typical frontline meatshield.

adding to apok's statement, a knigth could take say dryad discipline for example and boom! hes now a knigth with healing! or he coul;d take runecaster and boom! a knight with group buffs/shields!

4 minutes ago, NchDu said:

Knights are able to become real tanks with the disciplines (shields and heals) rather than being fighters.

pretty sure they always were real tanks, but on the flipside you could grab bow disc now and get arcane archer and sharpshooter major disc and you had yourself a very sturdy archer there.

In fact if you go to the class pages of website now, they not longer show a role on any of the classes

Yes Sure.

But now you have a ton of Races and a ton of classes. But the Promotion Classes are still limited to its Base Klasses.
It would be cool if you could break up with  that.

Maybe get the Knight as Basclass. Choose a Promotion Class from the Confessor Tree and mix it up with some nice Discs.
That way you loose the Damage from Confessor Base Class, but get some Tank from the Knight Class.

The Variations are limitless. (OK. Now there are nearly Limitless combinations too.)

Just make the Promotion Classes seperate from the Base Classes.
Not all Base Classes can get every Promotion Class, but hell, it would be so cool.

Isn't that more or less what Disciplines are doing ? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say. My only issue currently is, I wish the Disciplines were usable by all classes in most cases (some would be to OP). I ventured into SB emu land and I loved the idea of stuff mike a Mage Assassin, currently that's not possible with fessor.

Yes, thats the Point. Mage Assassin or anything like this.

Ok. Just a small list to hopefully clarify what i want to say. (My English is not the best.)

Base Class                                     Promotion Class 
Knight                                             Knight Promotion 1
                                                       Knight Promotion 2
                                                       Knight Promotion 3

Confessor                                       Confessor Promotion 1
                                                       Confessor Promotion 2
                                                       Confessor Promotion 3

Assassin                                         Assassin Promotion 1
                                                       Assassin Promotion 2
                                                       Assassin Promotion 3

With that you know everytime you see a Knight Promotion Class 1 that this is a Knight Base Class.
Or you see a confessor Promotion Class 2 and you know its a Confessor. You will never get stealth on a Knight or Confessor.

The Disciplines add some Powers, but no Groundbreaking changes. Like Stealth or anything like this.
If you want go stealth you have to choose Ranger, Assa or Duelist.

But what if you seperate that.

Confessor Base Class with Assassin Promotion Class 1
(Stealth Mage Assa Typ1 More Magic Damage lesse defensive.)

Or a Assassin Base Class with Confessor Promotion Class (Stealthy Mage Assa Typ2 More Defensive less magic damage)
Or a Knight with Confessor Promotion Class.

That will create so much new variations. Rounded up with the Disciplines and you have a ton more Options.

Edited by belgerog

I'm a little more curious about races and roles, the return of customization is a god send, but some races have incomparable differences, and I'm hoping they demonstrate significant distinctions between different races.

With classes and disciplines is possible to combine effects to reach a similar role even with significantly different races, but it would suck if they had little more then a token effect which doesn't really impact gameplay. 

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I dont think that will happen. 

Powers and Bonuses and disadvantages from Race.
Power and Bonuses and disadvantages from Class.
Power and Bonuses and disadvantages from Promotion Class.

Power and Bonuses and disadvantages from Discipline 1
Power and Bonuses and disadvantages from Discipline 2

It will stay like it is now. But with the freedom to choose a Promotion Class different from the Base Class it will offer more customisation.

Every Choice is important for your Vessel. 
But i agree it would suck if they are just Token.

We don't know if Promotions will even make it live. If they expand on Disciplines and other systems more, they might not feel a need for distinct Promo Classes for each class. My guess is they'd be more like what we see in the Passive Training trees. Stat boosts and minor progression, not full on new ways to play as that is being done through Disciplines now with new weapons, power trays, and very different skills than what base classes have access too. Promos would offer more options no matter what, but maybe could be a post-launch "expansion" type update down the road.

20 hours ago, APE said:

We don't know if Promotions will even make it live. If they expand on Disciplines and other systems more, they might not feel a need for distinct Promo Classes for each class. My guess is they'd be more like what we see in the Passive Training trees. Stat boosts and minor progression, not full on new ways to play as that is being done through Disciplines now with new weapons, power trays, and very different skills than what base classes have access too. Promos would offer more options no matter what, but maybe could be a post-launch "expansion" type update down the road.

Could be.  Personally, I don't really want to see them go entirely because disciplines are items that can be lost.  There should be some significant, nonperishable aspect to our characters that isn't gear based.

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

On 5/27/2017 at 2:32 PM, APE said:

I'm hoping this isn't the case...Have they announced anything since the introduction of disciplines stating whether or not the promotion classes are still on track?

4 hours ago, Windwaker said:

I'm hoping this isn't the case...Have they announced anything since the introduction of disciplines stating whether or not the promotion classes are still on track?

https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/16028-on-the-horizon-combat-disciplines-official-discussion-thread/&do=findComment&comment=328274

Seems they will exist at some point, but there hasn't really been a "track" revealed beyond very generic concepts.

Although seeing how AT (Class) training trees sort of do what can be found in the Universal trees, wouldn't be surprising to see Promos do the same double duty.

More stats, more tray slots, more powers, more weapon access, etc which Disciplines and UT/Class training do. We've yet to see the Advantages/Disadvantages system.

I know some want/need more permanent character building options, so hopefully Promos do this at some point, but don't see them as a priority currently. Something we might unlock months/year down the line shouldn't be a top priority imo, especially if they aren't drastic additions.

Maybe they'll just copy/paste the typical 3 Talent Tree system several games have and they'll focus on augmenting individual powers and their connections? Who knows.

Vessel Creation and Skills as i wish it should be. 
Numbers are just to show the Differences. Im not writing down all possible Numbers like Crit Chances or anything like this. I dont write down all Classes and Races that are ingame actually. Also its just my Wish as i want it to be. I know what is in this game atm. You dont need to reply with.. that is like this or that is already ingame. 

1. Choice is the Race.
Maybe: Human Base Life 100, Base Stamina 100, Base Mana 100, Free additional Creation Rune                                                     (Skill Line for Humans on the Crow)
             Minotaur Base Life 140, Base Stamina 140, Basa Mana 0, Racial Power Rage ,                                                                      (Skill Line for Minotaur on the Crow)
             Elf Base Life 70, Base Stamina 100, Base Mana 130, Racial Power Dodge Chance                                                                 (Skill Line for Elf on the Crow)

2. Choice Racial Creation Runes. (5 Runes)
Maybe: Lifepool +10, Staminapool +10, Manapool +10. (Crit, defense, Health Mana Stamina Regen and so on....)

3. Choice Base Class
Maybe: Knight (granting Bonus on Sword, Shield and Plate)                                                                                                                   (Skill Line for Knight on the Crow)
             Assassin (Granting Bonus on Dagger, Leather  and Poison, Sneak)                                                                                           (Skill Line for Assassin on the Crow)
             Ranger (Granting Bonus on Leather, Chain and Bow, Sneak)                                                                                                      (Skill Line for Ranger on the Crow)

4. Choice Class Creation Runes (4-5)
Maybe: Grant Power or Grant Skill Bonus.

Thats all to create your Vessel.

Ingame:
1. Choose a Weapon and Armour
You can pick all Armor and all Weapon on each Class.
Maybe some Weapons make more sense on a specific Race or Base Class.

As for Example. Choose a Bow on a Ranger grants you more power with the Bow. But you can use a Sword on the Ranger too.
The Powers you grant are not specific for a Class. They come along with the Weapons or Armor you choose.

There should be Skill Lines for every Weapon and every Armor.

That gives you the Basic for a Char to fight and Hunt.

2. Find a Promotion Runestune or Craft it.
To Specialice your Char you can get a Promotion. This Promotion is permanent. You cant destroy the Promotion Runestone without destroying the Vessel.
Maybe: Shadowblade (Needs to be Knight, Ranger, Assassin) (Prohibited on Minotaur, Centaur) Grants you Sneak and some Sneak Attacks. 
             Holy Fire (Needs to be Knight, Confessor, ...) (Prohibited to Ranger, Assassin, Duelist) Grants you Access to Heals and Buffs
              Firewalker (Needs to be Assassin, Confesser) (Prohibited to  Knight) Grants Spellpower and Spells in Fire.

3. Disciplines.
Adding additonal Powers and  Stats as already ingame.

4. Weopon Mastery.

5. Minor 

All together every choice is depending and there is total Freedom for Char Creation.

Edited by belgerog