Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Passive Powers and you - Official discussion thread

So you've renamed weapon efficiency to weapon power cost multiplier?

Did you also remove the -.25 cap on the stat that mitigates this?   Right now we have Weapon Finesse which grants -.25 and caps the stat.  We get -0.03 from two different skill nodes for -0.06 total, and there are discipline powers that grant -0.20.   But we can't use all these together to reduce a .54 weapon's power cost multiplier to -0.02 because you've capped the mitigating stat at -0.25

How will the power cost multiplier work against pip users (Templar/Duelist) or will it not be a factor for them?

What type of investment can we expect to make to get power cost back to where it was before (so a 1.0 multiplier)? White quality weapon with amazing roll? Green quality? Blue Quality? What is the goal here?

Right now there are some classes (Myrmidon) that are extremely hampered by this change and others that aren't at all (Duelist/Templar). I happen to train in all 3 of these and have shelved the Myrmidon since the changes were made. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

So racial passives then?

When I tried the leadership tree bonuses the effects (and the choice of stats in the combat tree) is fairly...meh

Currently not worth the hassle of "being the guy that will always have to /invite everyone" - especially if it takes a passive slot rather than automatically from my account training....

I've stated alot about resource cost inconsistencies between classes elsewhere already forever....

(and the inconsistent way say the druid now is between base and disc mechanics as well as multiple classes and their interaction with the disc powers)

Edited by Tinnis

Using passive and/or discipline slots to balance out the races is a great idea. Guinecean for example should be more limited in both passive/discipline slots due to the racial burrow ability when compared to a race like human who doesn't have any racial bonuses so instead they should get an additional discipline/passive slot. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

2 minutes ago, blazzen said:

How will the power cost multiplier work against pip users (Templar/Duelist) or will it not be a factor for them?

This is the most important question which needs to be addressed. A Duelist with a .54 cost multiplier weapon needs 2 Pips to activate their power? A Duelist with -.54 cost multiplier needs no Pips to activate their powers? Please explain. 

The harvest passives worked well, I thought it was an interesting concept and well implemented.

As noted in the feedback however, making a green quality weapon (book) this weekend, I had 2 components modded to -0.25 & -.115, and the final combine came out @ around +0.5, and modded down again to +0.376.  Considering this efficiency is worse than a basic book, is this intentional?

Currently it seems people will just pick say the base class which has the best (well "least worst") resource system and HP and then stack up DISC powers on it :P (most of which probably wont even use resource)

You really need to use a uniform way to show us stats. In articles and certainly in-game. Lots of tooltips and stat windows are a mess.

I've seen stats in  "%", "0.00", "0.00%." 

For example in today's article: "Positive Power Cost Multiplier is bad, (e. +.54%), meaning all of your powers will cost 54% more resource to use. A power that costs 100 base mana, now costs you 154 mana."

What is +.54%? This doesn't make any sense. I read this as less than 1%! You should use 54% or 0.54. Not a combination of this.

I recommend using 54% since this is easiest to understand for most people while 0.54 is more math-y.

Edited by Caenth
Grammar.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

7 minutes ago, Caenth said:

You really need to use a uniform way to show us stats. In articles and certainly in-game. Lots of tooltips and stat windows are a mess.

I've seen stats in  "%", "0.00", "0.00%." 

For example in today's article: "Positive Power Cost Multiplier is bad, (e. +.54%), meaning all of your powers will cost 54% more resource to use. A power that costs 100 base mana, now costs you 154 mana."

What is +.54%? This doesn't make any sense. I read this as less than 1%! You should use 54% or 0.54. Not a combination of this.

I recommend using 54% since this is easiest to understand for most people while 0.54 is more math-y.

This... OH GOD THIS......

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Typo?

Negative Power Cost Multiplier is good! (e. -.26%), meaning your powers will cost 26% less resource to use. A power that costs 100 base stamina, now costs you 74 mana!

BTW changing the name was a good move.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Lowering the amount of power slots any more might just be too restrictive? Right now when making builds with 1-8 I sometimes feel like I need an extra slot, and at the same time don't have room for expanded mind. With more choices and options, if powers gets reduced it may restrict fun builds (Can't use needed passives due to expanded mind, or can't use needed spells cause 1-6 not 1-8) 1-8 feels really good imo

1 minute ago, BarriaKarl said:

Typo?

Negative Power Cost Multiplier is good! (e. -.26%), meaning your powers will cost 26% less resource to use. A power that costs 100 base stamina, now costs you 74 mana!

From Stamina to Mana! Now that's a trick ;)

I am on the fence about some races having extra passives slots. Unless we see some pretty useful racials an extra passive slot seems waaaay better.

All racials we have today is guine's burrow and centaur's speed. Honestly for me they are really meh. Giving other races a chance to pick a extra passive from hundreds of options because of those doesnt seems fair.

Edited by BarriaKarl

2 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I on the fence about some races having extra passives slots. Unless we see some pretty useful racials an extra passive slot seems waaaay better.

All racials we have today is guine's burrow and centaur's speed. Honestly for me they are really meh. Giving other races a chance to pick a extra passive from hundreds of options because of those doesnt seems fair.

I agree with you to a certain degree about those abilities, but the Fae get a double jump and the ability to negate fall damage by gliding. Plus Burrow will eventually allow the pigs to circumvent walls. If they boosted the Centaur's speed slightly it would be pretty great IMO.

Hi, I'm moneda.

Giving races an increased or decreased number of passive/disc slots is just like Humans being allowed to take a feat at lv1 in DnD 5e. What you lose in specialization you gain in versatility.

• Negative Power Cost Multiplier is good! (e. -.26%), meaning your powers will cost 26% less resource to use. A power that costs 100 base stamina, now costs you 74 mana!

That's some funny resource management :D

Does Power Cost Multiplier factor in to damage as well? i.e. higher power cost = more damage? Other wise it just seems like another unnecessary tax. I'd like to see 10 power slots come back and certain disciplines REMOVE power slots based on their strength instead of the other way around.

Anything less than the 8 slots we have now is a mistake.

Edited by Helix