Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Passive Powers and you - Official discussion thread

Fessors are probably the most well off resource wise of all non pip classes. It is possible to go OOM with out the passive, even with it, but if I am simply mindful of what im casting; when, why, how often, I can last an entire fight with out OOMing. Activly managing my resource. This is a good base point to be and this base point should be an option for all classes. You should never be starved for resources unless you over extend or spam.

aeei5jG.png

2 hours ago, Nihil said:

The TL; DNR should be at the top.

The N should be there so we know that it's Did NOT read, not Did Read.

Sorry but TL;DR is the normal abbreviation for that sort of thing, and it is pretty normal to put it at the bottom too, otherwise you pretty much spoiler the whole thing for those that want to read everything

That it's normal doesn't make it right.  It omits a critical part of the abbreviation.  It makes it say the opposite of what it means.  There's a big difference between "my house is on fire" and "my house is not on fire".

Putting it at the bottom means scrolling to the bottom to determine if the article is worth reading and then back up if it is.  By the time you've read the whole thing, what is the point of reading a summary of the thing you JUST read in its entirety?

Spoiler isn't a verb.  It's a noun being either the thing on the back of a sports car or something that spoils.

19 minutes ago, Nihil said:

That it's normal doesn't make it right.  It omits a critical part of the abbreviation.  It makes it say the opposite of what it means.  There's a big difference between "my house is on fire" and "my house is not on fire".

Putting it at the bottom means scrolling to the bottom to determine if the article is worth reading and then back up if it is.  By the time you've read the whole thing, what is the point of reading a summary of the thing you JUST read in its entirety?

Spoiler isn't a verb.  It's a noun being either the thing on the back of a sports car or something that spoils.

Run the grammar nazis are here!!!

crazythingsaboutgrammarnaziseveryoneknow

On 5/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, Nihil said:

Except that the acronym stands for "Too Long; Didn't Read." If you're changing what the acronym stands for, you're not making it more accurate, you're just making up new acronyms.

The point of using it ever is to preface a summary of a long post for people who don't have the time to read a brick of text. Ergo, there is no such thing as "Too Long; Did Read," and therefore your confusion is 100% artificially manufactured.

TL;DR: there's no N in TL;DR.

Edit: Grammar gummy bear Passive - Boring Logic Puzzles

Re-edit: I did not type gummy bear o.o

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.