Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DravoiX

Feedback and Suggestion: Passive (DOT or BUFF) AOE Abilities/ Disciplines

Hey, after 3 days (EU) of disciplines testing, I have a major concern that disciplines like: Bard, Scarecrow, Reality Warper, Troubadour and more destroy the tactical and positioning challenge of fighting. I know it’s an early build of disciplines, so I don't start with pls reduce the damage or let only one buff apply. I want that disciplines are requires skill and training to handle them.

The Problems that i have with these Disciplines / Abilities:

+ they dont recipes skill or knowledge

+ once activated you don't have to be curious about this ability anymore

+ they are stackable with other AOE abilities

+ in bunched fights they creating area of DOTS Buffs, players die in secs

+ the damage is not avoidable, can't do a to dodge the damage

+ cost no resource to keep it going

+ they are destroying stealth, aim without line of sight

My Suggestions:

1. Creating a Rhythm, where you have to press a button (cost resource) to refresh the skill. If you don't hit the button at the right timing the Buff will fall off.

2. Creating a harder way to start these abilities, especially with the Bard and Troubadour, we have a Music related theme so why no combination related starting.
so if you want to start a Song you have to press 1. 2. e  2. 1, e (But this is a lot of work for u, but it would be a nice if you implement a Minor discipline that allow these combinations.)

3. I would suggest an split between in starting radius and effect radius. Because in some part 17m radius feels too heavy, but it's really comfortable in group fights and otherwise they are running too fast out of it. So why not a positional solution for that, where players have to look where teammates / enemies are and then they can act accordingly.

There are so many solutions for that, but please don't destroy my positional combat.

Please don't make so many just careless one button pressing abilities

other Solutions: Wave typed AOE (controllable waves) , Charge / PIP typed, Situational based and many more

rUQlYHs.png

the bard range could probably come down from the current 50-75m to say 25m (or even 20/15)

i think most troub are only about 10m or so?

i made suggestions to add SILENCE and DEAFEN debuff powers to specifically counter elsewhere

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

There are a lot of troubadour tears in global. Its a bit overtuned but I think the mechanic and dmg is fine. I think it could use change to how the debuffs are applied though. Id suggest for abilities like the op listed, they either fall off the player if you are out of range, or make the buff/debuff pulse on the caster. Say all debuffs and buffs pulse off the caster every 5 seconds and apply a 5 sec debuff/buff. Then you can range the debuffs, not have the guy be in range once and apply a 20 sec debuff.

aeei5jG.png

11 minutes ago, Yoink said:

There are a lot of troubadour tears in global. Its a bit overtuned but I think the mechanic and dmg is fine. I think it could use change to how the debuffs are applied though. Id suggest for abilities like the op listed, they either fall off the player if you are out of range, or make the buff/debuff pulse on the caster. Say all debuffs and buffs pulse off the caster every 5 seconds and apply a 5 sec debuff/buff. Then you can range the debuffs, not have the guy be in range once and apply a 20 sec debuff.

and obviously when it actually has power FX you will be able to read what is going on more...and current values for anything should not be taken at face value! :)

2 minutes ago, Dondagora said:

25 range sounds about right. And, what? 30 or so range with the Minor rune? Would feel more like Lucio from Overwatch in which you have to center yourself in a fight to maximize coverage.

yes a reduced range will make the enemy group have to weigh the pro and cons of bunching up and positoning

the current range falls into the old legio "just be in the general area etc" style of thinking

Edited by Tinnis

@Yoink yeah the damage seems to be fine on single target , except the Cosnant Chain, that Skill is abit too strong, but we cant say that really because there are to few DMG disciplines yet. Yeah sitting the Tick rate lower could solve the problem for a short time, but if you stacking these Buffs / DOTS on a target, is still a too efficient way todo damage.

Im thinking about 20 vs 20 if 5 people have these buff / dots it went horrible

Edited by DravoiX

rUQlYHs.png

1 minute ago, DravoiX said:

@Yoink yeah the damage seems to be fine on single target , except the Cosnant Chain, that Skill is abit too strong, but we cant say that really because there are to few DMG disciplines yet. Yeah sitting the Tick rate lower could solve, the problem for a short time. But if you stacking these Buffs / DOTS on a target, is still a too efficient way todo damage.

Im thinking about 20 vs 20 if 5 people have these buff / dots it went horrible

well...do multiple troub casting the songs stack e.g. the pbaoe damag ticking one? (excluding the 'nuke' chain?)

Edited by Tinnis

not that i know, but Troub. and Scarecorw stack which is a stun damage comb without doing something.
i only Wrote that post, because i got overrun by  a 5 man group with these abilitys.

Edited by DravoiX

rUQlYHs.png

@DravoiX What are all these dots? There are not that many aoe dots, at least not that I can recall. There is bard, fessor firewall, some single target bleeds. What am I forgetting?

aeei5jG.png

Scarecrow (stun, suppress), Troubardour(Damaget tick), Reality Warper(Cooldown increase), Bard (Buff your dmg) combined that with a divine light or alot of bleeding or moderate bleeding or the dot of the scimitar durid or the Confessor bleed, these allstacking together, troubadour has also 3 types of aoe debuffs so you need 3 guys with that.

too many DOTS / buffs in my opinion :)

i added the ability as an finisher because these ability will not kill a player but only one skill of them and they are die.

Edited by DravoiX

rUQlYHs.png

1 hour ago, DravoiX said:

Scarecrow (stun, suppress), Troubardour(Damaget tick), Reality Warper(Cooldown increase), Bard (Buff your dmg) combined that with a divine light or alot of bleeding or moderate bleeding or the dot of the scimitar durid or the Confessor bleed, these allstacking together, troubadour has also 3 types of aoe debuffs so you need 3 guys with that.

too many DOTS / buffs in my opinion :)

i added the ability as an finisher because these ability will not kill a player but only one skill of them and they are die.

I feel some, like Scarecrow and Reality Warper, need better FX to indicate when and where the debuff will hit, giving some more timing and positioning strategy. This may still be in the works, since I don't expect they'd finish all 100 Disciplines FX-wise even if they've put the tech in for testing.

Not a big fan of always-on AOE. Really negates the purpose and point of Stealth/Anti-stealth dance (Why would you run either in an environment where everyone has always-on aoe-damage?).

I remember when they told us zerging wouldnt be a big deal, but the ability for groups to just run in circles around players (not using anything but songs) is nutty to me. While I appreciate the ideas of Bard, the Troubador is just far too much access to AOE powers with no resource management, no aiming skill required and nearly unlimited uptime. This isn't a power, it's the divine right to ignore pretty much any Stealther. Make these powers only affect people out of stealth and I'm still not fine with it.

Edited by scree