Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If There Isn't A Templar Theme Guild...

youma

... called Gingervitas at the time of release I will be disappoint.

So what's with the orange eyes? Does anyone think that's a feature for the archetype? Is the hair and eyes a hereditary feature of "Highborn" humans? Are they all descendants of Valkyn? Is it a sign of Dragon blood?

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

In the background, it speaks of the Templar's work to fight The Hunger. There are many references to fire, reflecting the fire within them. Their hair and eyes are probably symbolic of their work similar to the Forgemasters.

Although they could possibly worship Valkyn, Father of All (According to the centaurs), the sample narrative of the templar did not mention Valkyn, which means Valkyn may not be their deity.

One thing is for sure, their job is to stop The Hunger, with good old fashioned steel.  The sample narrative does not imply use of fire, so that's not confirmed, although the hair color implies fire.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

The sample narrative does not imply use of fire, so that's not confirmed, although the hair color implies fire.

It most certainly does:

Farms, villages, even cities were lost – or sealed off and burned ... full of sweat and ash, death and steel. I take pride in that work.

Well, I mention dragon because the shield of Valkyn features a dragon. Also, in the Wheel of Time series one of the main characters has the title of the Dragon, his heraldry is a dragon, and he has red hair.

Shadowbane seemed to have some little WoT references here and there, so I thought they might squeezing some into Crowfall as well.

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

It most certainly does:

Farms, villages, even cities were lost – or sealed off and burned ... full of sweat and ash, death and steel. I take pride in that work.

True, but that may not be magical fire.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I never said anything about magical fire, why would Templar Knights have magic?

I figure they have a source of magical warmth to combat the Hunger, and will be able to promote to some sort of mage/tank hybrid.

I'm also hoping they can promote to a paladin, with special anti-undead and anti-demon abilities.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I have always been drawn to the holy knights in most games I have played over the years. Played Paladin / Cleric in DAOC, played some really fun and engaging Paladin specs back during the first several years, Templar builds in Dragon Age...  yeah, this looks like it's going to be a very fun and hopefully "engaging" class to play!

In combating the hunger I get a sense that "Warmth" may have some repelling factors against it. I also feel this class will have the tank ability as a 2Hndr, which is something I have always enjoyed doing, and hopefully a good dps spec if we choose that route instead. Either way, this will probably be my main archetype =)

Edited by Palad1n