Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so are the EK resource parcels even needed?

So I grabbed a couple of each of the resource parcels when they were first available for sale, but if you look around, pretty much every parcel has resources all over them.  Is there even a point to putting down parcels dedicated to resource gathering when you have trees and stones literally right next to your buildings that can be harvested?  Is there something I'm missing regarding this?

The parcels available for purchase for your EK only have the most basic resources on them. So I would say no, you shouldn't put down parcels dedicated to resource gathering in your EK.

Drop rate, respawn time and all this stuff is based on the parcel, multiplied by the general danger level of the world. It is possible that stronghold parcels won't have the number of basic resources they currently provide. It would indeed make sense, because those trees and rocks are only disturbing when it comes to building a city and since they are assets they cost PC resources. It could also be possible that stronghold parcels will keep their number of resources, but that the time until respawn will be very long. Or that stronghold parcels will be empty and you have to place resource-spawners to add trees/rocks to them. Or that you might be able to place better resource spawners than basic - but only on resource parcels. Whatever.

Regarding the circumstance that ACE sells resource parcels, there must be a significant difference. If not at the current stage of testing, then sometime in the future. Even if they would change their plans about resource/stronghold parcels differences (which is possible) they won't let us down with something that is useless. In that case they would offer redemption or change the object into something that's worth the original price.

Remember: As long as the game is in development, buying something foremost means supporting the game development. It's a lot clearer now than during the kickstarter days though, but there is still a risk if you only focus on what ingame assets you would like to possess once the game is published. So choose wisely.

Edited by Kraahk

well the resource parcels have a LOT more resources than other parcels, sure if you only go alone in your own EK harvesting any parcel is fine, but if you have a whole guild residing, I bet 100+ ppl can drain non-resource specific parcels pretty darn quick

Especially since they made premium ore more important that boring old slag. I still hate that by the way. Slag and cobbles and knotwood deserve better. Rank 1 and rank 10 and all in between. And all ore trees and stone should be in the EK just in rank 1-2 nodes. 

Ahh well I had a dream...

26 minutes ago, srathor said:

Especially since they made premium ore more important that boring old slag. I still hate that by the way. Slag and cobbles and knotwood deserve better. Rank 1 and rank 10 and all in between. And all ore trees and stone should be in the EK just in rank 1-2 nodes. 

Ahh well I had a dream...

I speculate that one day you will be able to get other low rank resources in EKs. You'll probably need to craft the spawners using resources exported from campaigns.

And taking that speculation further, it may be that the resource parcels allow more or better resource spawners to be added to them.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

The resource parcels are currently the only way to improve the aesthetics of your EK as well.  The knotwood forest parcel is the only way to build a true forest themed EK.  Also, as others said it greatly increases the amount of resources in your EK so if you have a high traffic EK it will be beneficial for you to have them.

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall