vkromas

5.0.2 - Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports, May 25, 2017

Problem: After playing for a few hours and switching between different worlds and my EK, I started being disconnected from the game when ever I joined my EK. As in I was sent back to the login screen. After logging in again and joining my EK I got instantly disconnected again. Did not attempt to join a different world to test if problem was universal. After a few disconnects the in-game UI got stuck on the screen permanently meaning I saw the in-game UI on my login screen and the world selection screen. Can provide screenshot if needed.

Solution: After a client restart everything went back to normal.

How to reproduce: Not a clue - happened out of the blue. Will edit post if I run into the problem again.

Posted (edited)

field surgeon suggestions/comments:

please clarify who this rune is meant for? craft ui suggests druid, cleric and baffingly confessor (which seems odd compared to say templar) yet is it currently usable by all clases.

obviously the values on both rehab and rescue are very high.

the cooldown to duration of rehab is far too good and spammable. needs a longer cooldown.

rehab is being used as a spammable self heal which seems contraty to the intended design.

i suggest the caster only get the self heal if they actually hit an ally with it

rescue heals a large amount even if you dont prevent an ally from brink of death - is that intended.

possible to spam this in combination with a certain minor rune which is far too powerful burst healing.

either make the heal only happen on saving an ally - or change it to say a barrier or something instead.

Edited by Tinnis

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

I'm going to repost my feedback on healing here since there's a higher chance a dev might see it in this thread:

Healing right now is not easy by any means, this is a big misconception (at least assuming only 1 healer per team of 5). Just frustrating and boring. Self heals are super easy though. I've been maining support characters since HD, and I have to say this is the most irked with healing I've been since the beginning. Not because everyone can slot field surgeon, but just because healing/support gameplay has become an exercise in frustration. 

Maybe the main issue are the halved healing values, and perhaps once they up healing again it'll feel better. From the perspective of a support player: You can say that before Legio healings were easy and brainless, but at least they allowed a more dynamic playstyle. I didn't have to put all my focus on the healing mechanics due to forgiving DMs and radius, and that allowed me to do other fun things with my legio, like be more aggressive, peel for my squishies, interrupt casters, etc. 

Last night we did a bunch of 5v5s, with only 1 healer per team, and with the lowered healing values + the wonkiness of raycast heals in a laggy and hitchy combat environment,  I had no time for anything other than heal people nonstop with a frustrating targetting system while still feeling most of the time I was getting nowhere with my heals. People who think heals right now are firehose should try to play a little more support in coordinated groups. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy challenging targetting for healing, Ana is my main character in Overwatch, I love playing a sniper healer based on precision aiming. That's not what raycast for heals is in Crowfall atm. It's just wonky with small returns. It doesn't feel satisfying. So basically groups are forced to stack multiple healers (as many do already) or give healing discs to most everyone so they can fend for themselves with the extremely easy to use self heals. 

If heals were aimed with more interesting DMs like Druid's (and also Naiad/Dryad), but with much higher output value to feel more satisfying to the support player instead of the mediocre values druid healing always had, I feel that would be a better compromise. 

Posted (edited)

I had a lot of stuttering and lag last night. The camera would suddenly flip 180 degrees constantly.

Master of Scimitars needs more offensive abilities on it or you need to lower the cooldown on the Druid death abilities. They are literally all on CD at the same time, leaving the option of left clicking or doing nothing at all. Both have the same basic effect: no damage.

Edited by coolwaters

3 hours ago, Tinnis said:

field surgeon suggestions/comments:

please clarify who this rune is meant for? craft ui suggests druid, cleric and baffingly confessor (which seems odd compared to say templar) yet is it currently usable by all clases.

obviously the values on both rehab and rescue are very high.

the cooldown to duration of rehab is far too good and spammable. needs a longer cooldown.

rehab is being used as a spammable self heal which seems contraty to the intended design.

i suggest the caster only get the self heal if they actually hit an ally with it

rescue heals a large amount even if you dont prevent an ally from brink of death - is that intended.

possible to spam this in combination with a certain minor rune which is far too powerful burst healing.

either make the heal only happen on saving an ally - or change it to say a barrier or something instead.

I'd be interested to hear what consistutes saving an ally or brink of death heals from the developers. Under 20%? 10%? I wouldn't mind seeing a heal that is risky with a huge pay off. Like something which trades your health for theirs.

Could not talk while in Bloodbath East 2. Also, was killed near a statue and could not loot my corpse. Possibly have something like Shadowbane where you can start in a non-pvp zone with some mobs and train combat. EK can only provide basics for so long and combat has fairly high learning curve to know what the powers do, range, and combo options. Combo notification doesn't stay up long enough to learn info. Unsure if there is a target lock to keep track of foe, but tab does not work.

On 5/26/2017 at 6:58 AM, Jikap said:

I'm still getting the HTTP invalid response thing, and it still says 2 patches remaining despite that you've released another one.

I'm gonna give up and uninstall and re-download the whole thing. Hopefully, that will fix it.

I had this same issue on Thursday, but when I deleted the Updater client and then extracted it again, it worked.

I had an issue with moving items between the spirit bank and my inventory while playing in BBW. Whenever I would switch an item from one to the other, it would become unclickable until I exited to lobby and reentered. However, I was still able to hover and see the item info.

Massive FPS drop on Corruption and EK, seeing if it is the same for BB, I normally run around 40-60 fps average, but just this test in particular I'm getting as low as 5, so bad that I will be running in one direction move my camera just a little and I'll be moving the opposite direction.

I'm having trouble changing discs and adjusting my build because of it. Can't unequip any of the discs, so they are permanently stuck on my vessel.

I'm not sure how many of those are old news, but here are some bugs I've found this weekend:

1. Taking an equipment with 0 durability from the bank restores it's durability to max.
2. Field Surgeon and Templar: equipping or re-equipping Noble Purpose passive restores 2 pips.
3. Mining also restores pips.
4. Blood Pact allows me to use templar skills without burning pips, but won't allow me to use them without pips. Not sure if working as intented.
5. Many times, after logging in, my skill bar will show my current icons but, once used, activates the standard skill for that key.
6. Chat bug after dying. alternating between tabs solve this one.

42 minutes ago, Bushido said:

I'm having trouble changing discs and adjusting my build because of it. Can't unequip any of the discs, so they are permanently stuck on my vessel.

You're probably already doing this, but to be sure. You need to drag the discipline outside of the menu, it will then be destroyed.

keep remembering to testers bug-report form coz there are massive amount of bugs related to runes =(

What Campaign/Map Were You Testing On? Makkon's hunting field EK (pvp on)
What Class Were You Using? - myrmidon
List All Equipped Disciplines -
[Disc Major 1] juggernaut
[Disc Major 2] field surgeon
[Disc Weapon 1] master of axes
[Disc Minor 1] armor of faith
[Disc Minor 2] burning hatred
[Disc Minor 3]
What Specific Discipline(s) And Power(s) Is The Problem? 
Describe The Problems

burning hatred

• orbs randomly appear. consuming orb have no effect. orb just disappear

master of axes

• furious slash combo. last attack should reduce existen cooldowns. pretty strange realisation. imo it should reduce current buffs for % right after you use combo.
  • berserker strength. shield visible only for enemy. for me it is invisible. also it is trigger for 30 seconds. make it possible trigger again so shield can be refreshed and buff duration also
  • demolish armor. pretty strange skill. how da hell I will stack it with 23 second cooldown?

general problem: it looks like attack power stat broken or give close to zero effect. tried using skills and basic damage (more than 20 times with full ap buff  > 470 AP and without and get almost no difference)

taste for blood passive (myrmi). plz add advanced description (how many % bonus damage given)

myrmidon still have huge issues with resource even with weapon efficiency skill tree, passives and such. it is really not fun to play it coz you can't cast anything

pulverize (myrmidon skill) - remove resource cost. using berserker already useless

plz add dummy near temples at EK. 2 modes - passive and attacks. attacks start persistent damage to all who near it. it is help to test alot of things

bloodie swipe combo (myrmodon). remove splitting resource cost. this way I can cast it when I want. not start first combo and notice what I can't end it coz out of resource. pretty terrible for combat.

Posted (edited)

the game is not balanced around 1v1 ...but these 10-15m+ one on one fights (at a minimum i'm sure some are endless) are quite silly...also excluding how easy it is to also say just run away

movement power rubberbanding is still a thing (example on non druid)

Edited by Tinnis

I know people have been complaining a lot about troubador and field surgeon, but Punch Drunk is allowing all sorts of terrible cheese to creep into combat. I think that disc should be removed completely or at least add a significant internal cooldown to its effect. It may not be as loud as troub, but I feel it's much more detrimental to healthy combat. 

Also I know balance is not top concern atm, but just for the records: fessor's absolution is once again hitting for an unhealthy amount (2.5k + crits) and now you can add duelist's impale to the list of absurd damage as well (3k+ crits). 

Should we have soft caps in the game maybe? With the endless possibilities of discs and even more customization coming soon maybe soft caps to stats would keep things in check a little more? 

Posted (edited)

Some Druid fun in a short, 20 minute session of Corruption:

• Flying Nun Druid x3
  • Blink to death from like 3 feet x 1
  • Rooted in place and unable to use any abilities until relog x 2

Just the highlights. All kinds of things for Druid are wonky.

But it's still playable if you avoid these big ones above, for the most part.

Lower the death CDs IMO. Make Scimitar a weapon that makes sense for a caster and not a heavy mele. Or give us heavy mele stuff, like more HPs.

edit: I should also be giving you guys props on the healing tray. Death Druid has issues because of the CDs, but the synergies you have put in for the healing tray have elevated Druid as a healing support to the same tier as Lego in some size engagements.

Edited by coolwaters

31 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

I know people have been complaining a lot about troubador and field surgeon, but Punch Drunk is allowing all sorts of terrible cheese to creep into combat. I think that disc should be removed completely or at least add a significant internal cooldown to its effect. It may not be as loud as troub, but I feel it's much more detrimental to healthy combat. 

Also I know balance is not top concern atm, but just for the records: fessor's absolution is once again hitting for an unhealthy amount (2.5k + crits) and now you can add duelist's impale to the list of absurd damage as well (3k+ crits). 

Should we have soft caps in the game maybe? With the endless possibilities of discs and even more customization coming soon maybe soft caps to stats would keep things in check a little more? 

Wait, so for the Disc that resets Cooldowns you want to add a .... cooldown?

My head just exploded man.

(but ya, a short CD makes sense)