Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TexasSkulls

Crafting Database and Tree Viewer

I've written a program that stores all crafting items and requirements in a database, and then prints out a tree view of all requirements and quantities for a specific item.  Would something like this be helpful for all?  It'd most likely be implemented in web form so people don't have to worry about downloading and running untrusted .exe files.  This is just a super simple implementation for display purposes.  I'd also sum up the base components, i.e. total ore, wood, stone, etc.  Present the flex slots, i.e. can use either plank or metal bar, and eventually implement properties of sub-items, like using gold versus slag.

6ckgV7L.png

This will definitely be useful with a cleaner UI. Also including the alloy combinations and allowing for prototyping what a finished product may look like. I know a lot of the statistics for this are sitting in a google spreadsheet don't know how consumable the data is programmatically though. I'd definitely suggest whipping up your own sheet based off the one out there and using that as an input. That'd allow you to crowdsource the ever changing values.

1 hour ago, Zachdidit said:

This will definitely be useful with a cleaner UI. Also including the alloy combinations and allowing for prototyping what a finished product may look like. I know a lot of the statistics for this are sitting in a google spreadsheet don't know how consumable the data is programmatically though. I'd definitely suggest whipping up your own sheet based off the one out there and using that as an input. That'd allow you to crowdsource the ever changing values.

Well this is actually working off a database, so a little bit of a cleaner data model than spreadsheets.  Easily editable from a web form, so could approve "moderators" of the data to make changes.

17 minutes ago, Silverback said:

If I could be so bold as to add something... A final calculation of all the raw supplies needed. (e.g. 36 ore, 17 wood)

Yeah was my first thought too but he mentioned having that feature in the OP.

@Texas everything seems like you're on the right track. I'm a professional web dev so if you have a github or bitbucket repo I can lend a hand from time to time.

Bump because it's the least I can do, considering that OP is doing God's work! I live and breathe on these consolidated information resources, I am very very moist right now!

:^)

1 hour ago, Silverback said:

If I could be so bold as to add something... A final calculation of all the raw supplies needed. (e.g. 36 ore, 17 wood)

Yep, said so in OP "I'd also sum up the base components, i.e. total ore, wood, stone, etc." :P

This was just a quick rendering to gauge interest!

Things to add:

• Sum of raw materials
  • Handle flex spots, i.e. ore vs. wood; plank vs. metal bar
  • Add in material properties
  • Cleaner UI
  • Web implementation

Wish list:

• Factor in all variables to determine (possible) outcomes
  • Calc experimentation points available, etc.