Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A plan to make crafter/gatherer stronger than Pvp-player

The Alliance of Crafter and Gatherer                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

There should be a Alliance of crafter and gatherer                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

All crafter/gatherer who play Crowfall  should unite and punish Pvp-player for killing other crafter/gatherer with taxes.                                                                                                                 

This could be a major force in Crowfall and keep the crafter/gatherer safer.                                                                                                                                                                                       

I just think of way to make crafter/gatherer better because I see many people in the forum saying they need alts to craft/gather and thats sad because I want the focus on crafting.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

How the System works:                                                                                                                                                       

-As a part of the alliance you sell players who kills members everything with 10% taxes (As soon as there are stable markets)                                                                                                      

If crafter/gatherer demand taxes they Pvp-Players think about killing members and the lost amount of materials because of ganks will sink.                                                                                  

-Additional there will be bounty on player which kill too many innocent members                                                                                                                                                                               

-I think of neutral player made trading points which are protected by the alliance

Rules:

-Don´t start fights(agreed Duels are fine) and self-defense is allowed(Looting is forbidden)                                                                                                                                                              

-Help other crafter and gatherer when they in danger                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

-Report people which kill members                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

-Don´t  price your goods lower because you want cut the taxes.This system works only if everyone supports the alliance

Tell me if there are some interested players and what you would change.

Make  crafter/gatherer strong again ;)

lg Zorkalis (not a native english speaker)

Edited by Zorkalis

that won't happen.  killers will always be on top. It will eventually get to an equal spot where PvP'ers won't have gear but crafters can't craft.

how do you stop guild members to craft for them?

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

lmao

Your best bet is to work with or hire a pvp guild to provide mats to you in exchange for crafted gear and items. 

Edited by Ashtar

I don´t want to stop guildmembers from crafting the gear for the PvP-player. But there should be something against "you need to work with Pvp-player " and if that´s not the choice you get punished.It´s not a complain because I don´t want to group up and teamplay. But I would prefer if Crafter and Pvp-player would have a 30/70 balance of power if the game is released. I kown it´s probally not possible but I don´t want to be crafting and gathering take a shape like in other games.

Hello my name is Zolaz.  OP, you will be seeing a lot of me.  By the way, one of my alts will be joining your guild to help you out in fighting all those mean pvpers.

This is a good idea on paper. Fighters depend more on the gatherer/crafters than the other way around. But unless you really can unite everyone it wont happen. It is like the saying that the real power is in the people hands and not the rulers', it is true but doesnt happen IRL.

Guilds will also have their own crafter/gatherers so there is that.

You could try to create a neutral alliance and try to make deals with as many guilds as you can. It is a win-win to everyone but somehow i get the feeling guilds here just have all this "We must be self-sufficient" so... *shrugs*

There is a lot of players out there who just dont want to join a guild so this could be a really good way to do that. Just a place you can come sell what you gathered and exchange for something you want, no annoying steps...

If you can make it happen i am in.

Edited by BarriaKarl

6 hours ago, Zorkalis said:

@BarriaKarl I watch how the game and community develope.If there will be enough people to accomplish this it would be awesome.

@VIKINGNAIL You don´t support this idea? :(

What you are proposing is impossible, because this game isn't based on competition between crafters/gatherers and PvPers. Even trying to separate people into those groups is pointless, because many people will do all three. If I PvP on my main account, craft on another account and harvest on a third, should I my alt accounts team up with other crafters and gatherers against my main account?

Guilds and factions will be the primary units of competition in this game. Both guilds and factions will need crafters, gatherers AND PvPers if they want to win the campaign. 

If you are worried about getting killed as a crafter or gatherer, then you need to team up with people who can protect you. 

@ArkadeSorry if my explanation was bad because it seems you missunderstand something.                                                                                          

-I don´t want to seperate the community at all it´s more about to give more possiblitys to crafter/gatherer.                                                                      

-Nobody force you to support this idea if you choose to approach it in a different way.                                                                                                      

-I´m not worried about getting killed because it will happen often.                                                                                                                                      

-Even then grouping up with people who can protect you is part of this system with a different approach than you mention it.                                        

- I know it´s hard to accomplish something like that but it´s just brainstorming about a game which isn´t even in beta ;)

Edited by Zorkalis

I wish you luck.

I really, really hope this works.

Call it the East India Company IMO.

edit: b/c:

The company eventually came to rule large areas of India with its own private armies, exercising military power and assuming administrative functions.[5] 

Edited by coolwaters

The idea is interesting, but I find it won't work. @coolwaters mentions the East India Company. There's a difference between what you're doing and what they did. The EIC had its own armies and ruled, and protected, its trade. Your initiative is fairly anti-profit. Crafters may up prices for those who killed them, that's their thing. But in the end it will only incentivize alt accounting more, and fail due to the lack of profit.

Once you establish a system to defend crafters and gatherers in the first place, only then can you enforce law.

I think it would be better to call this more of a... Union. Rather than be a collection of crafters and gatherers, make it a collective of economic guilds.

27 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

I hope someone tries for a massive (and brutal) trade syndicate or some such. 

Iron bank style.

That would be awesome. 

To the OP, I agree that the best solution is to work with the PvPer. When I go PK someone with crafting loot, I fully intend on trading the materials with a crafter for better gear. With PvPers doing your farming, you can literally sit and craft all day.

CF_Van.png

I am curious as to what the tax would be on. What would you tax 10% of?

As well, I am curious if this borders on LFG. 

Edit: 

Browsed around the forums and now I feel more confused about what "currency" is in this game than before I started...

Edited by Lightsig
Wanted to make sure I didn't miss something in the FAQ

Why does this game remind me of Archeage, Crafters all Die from PK's or Pirates..

There is always the store of Adventures doing the gathering *strong enough to survive the pk's* and then sell or hand over the materials to crafters for gear with a tip to the crafter. Will this game be so depended on crafted gear?

" There are Times in your Life you need a Change, but there are also Times in your Life you need sit down and play MMORPG's with Friends and Strangers. This is what we call a Massive Social Behavior that comes from within our Computers, TV's and Gaming Consoles. " R U Ready to FIGHT?!

Just now, Jah said:

Yes.

So a dedicated crafter will have to suck up to all the adventures for materials, why does this not surprise me. Let's hope the dev's can be more interactive with allowing dedicated crafters enough time to skills up to enough level and then require pvp action at higher levels.

" There are Times in your Life you need a Change, but there are also Times in your Life you need sit down and play MMORPG's with Friends and Strangers. This is what we call a Massive Social Behavior that comes from within our Computers, TV's and Gaming Consoles. " R U Ready to FIGHT?!