msinosic

Large Patch Downloads Each Time Opening The Patcher

Hi, I've jumped in Crowfall a few times lately and it feels like each time I do there is a large 2-3Gb patch. Sometimes these patches come hours after each other (1 each week is understandable... sort of...), one time it came within minutes after login in, out and then in again. I just wanted to check if this is normal or is mine repatching unnecessarily? Why is every patch so large? To be clear, it is definitely downloading and not checking/applying the patch file.

Getting the same thing. In discord with folks playing the game and the servers have not gone down for a patch in the last hour since i have been out of game but its asking me to DL the same patches it did the last time I logged in.

Yeah i'm also experiencing this 3GB in 3 patches everytime i start the client / patcher, even when there hasn't been a patch

All of you need to delete the CF Test folder in your downloaded Crowfall folder.  You then need to download the new patcher and reinstall the game.  This will fix this issue from occurring.

Also make sure you have installed the game in the correct location. I used to get the recurring patch when I had the game installed in C:\CF, but once I moved the install to C:\ProgamFilex86\CF then I stopped getting the repeated downloads.

The previous method of deleting the CF Test folder and downloading the latest patcher did not work. Starting up the game this morning it is once again trying to download the entire game. I did notice a message in the patcher which said it could not find the game contents. Which looks like Verot's comment above is onto something, I will try that.

What options do I have if I cannot put the game in "C:\ProgamFileFilex86\CF"? Ideally I want it on my other, non system drive, with the rest of my games.

Go into the CFTest folder and use CrowfallClient.exe to start the game not CrowfallUpdate.exe from the previous folder. This skips the update process

Thanks. Yes, starting the app directly and avoiding the update lets me play without downloading everything, until I need to actually update to the latest version. 

I moved the app to "C:\ProgamFilesx86\CF" and the updater is currently trying to download the entire game, again. I didn't delete the "CFTest" folder.

My folder is "Files", plural, does it matter? Why should it even matter to begin with! ;)

A complete reinstall fixed the problem. Deleting the entire folder. Redownloading the patcher and then the entire game. I have started up Crowfall a number of times on a couple of days and there appears to be no redownloading of the entire game.

Thanks all for your help. =)

p.s I have installed it in "G:\Games\CrowFall" so I am not convinced location was an issue at all.

Hey guys, I know that this thread has been inactive for a while now. But I have that problem too and tried all you mentioned. Reinstalled the whole game 2-3 times, after installing it I tried moving it to C:\ProgamFilesx86\CF.

1) I download the Zip file: CrowfallPatcher.zip
2) I unzip it into the folder I created and move it to PFx86
3) Game still patches everytime I restart it

Hopefully someone will respond and can try to help.
Thanks in advance!