Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

your thoughts

Orosili

After playing the knight for  a few days  with the disciplines . i find the game play on the knight  lacking mobility  trying to catch up to confessors  and druid in general is  a losing battle in a 1v1  or  am i missing something? The  class also feels starved of rescources during fight as everything  cost stamina . I love the knight  class and the idea of its play style  it contributes to the group alot  in group gameplay  but like i said 1v1  feels a bit meh. it would  be nice if other knight  would  post their  discipline choices  here and their reasoning for  taking them  to maybe help other player  with their choice  of gameplay  in 1v1, small groups or large  fights.

Game isn't built around 1v1, you are currently in testing, the role of tanks like knights will be more clear to many players when there are real objectives to fight over that are stationary or semi-stationary. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

i understand  the game isnt built around 1v1 gameplay but you will encounter it  in some aspects of the game  say if you are just solo roaming gathering .

Edited by Orosili
typo

35 minutes ago, Orosili said:

i understand  the game isnt built around 1v1 gameplay but you will encounter it  in some aspects of the game  say if you are just solo roaming gathering .

I agree with this and find that the lack of attention in smaller scale battles will hurt the game in the long run - Making the assumption that every time a player logs in its going to be 20v20 or more is just silly. Not only that, but in large scale battles i feel that only classes with aoe will matter and that melee classes will struggle as they are not able to close the gaps. 

Id also really like to see a option for saving multiple load-outs. There are times, and i'd argue more times than not that a player will be in a small scale battle which will require a certain set of skills opposite of skills for a player who is in a 20v20 or more.  

1 hour ago, Orosili said:

And when you do encounter it it won't be balanced, so best to get experience under one's belt when the game comes out and learn which situations you excel at and which to avoid. 

18 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

And when you do encounter it it won't be balanced, so best to get experience under one's belt when the game comes out and learn which situations you excel at and which to avoid. 

Getting players is easy, keeping them is another - I hope this 'take it or leave it" mentality changes as players should not be confined to one play style. 

6 hours ago, Orosili said:

After playing the knight for  a few days  with the disciplines . i find the game play on the knight  lacking mobility  trying to catch up to confessors  and druid in general is  a losing battle in a 1v1  or  am i missing something? The  class also feels starved of rescources during fight as everything  cost stamina . I love the knight  class and the idea of its play style  it contributes to the group alot  in group gameplay  but like i said 1v1  feels a bit meh. it would  be nice if other knight  would  post their  discipline choices  here and their reasoning for  taking them  to maybe help other player  with their choice  of gameplay  in 1v1, small groups or large  fights.

You're never going to have mobility to match fessors and druids. That's always been a staple for ranged classes in almost every MMO I've played at least. That said, knight can take away dodge pips from classes with one of their abilities and you also have chain pull (if it worked).With regards to being stamina starved...they added a stat called power cost multiplier that really affects some classes pretty severely like myrm and druid. I'm not sure if knight is one of them, but i imagine it is affected somewhat. For the time being make sure you use weapon finesse passive.

6 hours ago, Ashtar said:

Getting players is easy, keeping them is another - I hope this 'take it or leave it" mentality changes as players should not be confined to one play style. 

Players aren't confined to one play style, but each specific playstyle they invest in will have weaknesses and strengths and they don't mind characters being awful at certain things.

20 hours ago, elvo said:

knight auto wins against confessor, spamm that block

just sayin

This is correct, resource management is also key, I see many less skilled knights try to chase a fessor down when the fessor is in full kite mode.  That is incorrect play and one must regroup and use terrain and LoS to their advantage to pick the correct time to reengage.

22 hours ago, elvo said:

knight auto wins against confessor, spamm that block

just sayin

False. The discipline system allows for a certain amount of cheesing. There are a few ways I've seen a confessor able to flawless a Knight, it just requires discs which will likely be nerfed.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

2 hours ago, Jjohnsin said:

This is incredibly not true. Maybe against a bad fessor...

knight can block every important ability of the confessor(all of them have a really long windup&animation as well) so that counts as "auto winning" in my book (unless they nerfed how the knight block works, in that case ill take everything back)

Edited by elvo

6XZoThV.jpg

2 hours ago, elvo said:

knight can block every important ability of the confessor(all of them have a really long windup&animation as well) so that counts as "auto winning" in my book (unless they nerfed how the knight block works, in that case ill take everything back)

I mean, you can cancel combos you know. You can start your knockup combo and cancel it if they block...or just wait and see if they drop it. Plus you can literally never get hit by a knight. On top of weapon efficiency affecting stamina usage 

On 5/28/2017 at 4:58 AM, Ashtar said:

I agree with this and find that the lack of attention in smaller scale battles will hurt the game in the long run - Making the assumption that every time a player logs in its going to be 20v20 or more is just silly. Not only that, but in large scale battles i feel that only classes with aoe will matter and that melee classes will struggle as they are not able to close the gaps. 

Id also really like to see a option for saving multiple load-outs. There are times, and i'd argue more times than not that a player will be in a small scale battle which will require a certain set of skills opposite of skills for a player who is in a 20v20 or more.  

It's called roles.

Some race/class combos will do well in the 20v20, while others will excel at 1v1. If you are not a 20v20 player, train and practice the combo that does well 1v1.

If you are a 20v20 player, do one that has works for those.

If you want versatility, VIP and train more than one up.

The Knight's main problem is that his block is his chief gimmick and method of avoiding damage/cc. Why is that a problem? If he holds down block he becomes a slowly moving bunker with a countdown timer to when he's an easy target. You just outmaneuver him, wait til he's out of stam, and CC/Kill him. Yeah, you can spec the Knight to be incredibly efficient at blocking, but he's still going to be left behind in a fast moving group fight. 

I'd recommend removing the snare while blocking. Further, there's the problem of building up the "big hit" damage bonus from blocking, only to have no stamina when you go to use it. I'll often use block only to avoid CC and other easily recognized big hits, but that's not always enough to build up a significant damage bonus.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

1 hour ago, soulein said:

The Knight's main problem is that his block is his chief gimmick and method of avoiding damage/cc. Why is that a problem? If he holds down block he becomes a slowly moving bunker with a countdown timer to when he's an easy target. You just outmaneuver him, wait til he's out of stam, and CC/Kill him. Yeah, you can spec the Knight to be incredibly efficient at blocking, but he's still going to be left behind in a fast moving group fight. 

I'd recommend removing the snare while blocking. Further, there's the problem of building up the "big hit" damage bonus from blocking, only to have no stamina when you go to use it. I'll often use block only to avoid CC and other easily recognized big hits, but that's not always enough to build up a significant damage bonus.

How about doing something with Block similar to Overwatch's "Armor" mechanic. Basically, Armor halves incoming damage that's =/>10 points of damage. This means that individual, small, rapid-fire attacks are ultimately halved, but larger high-damage attacks will just lose 5 damage off the total. The numbers, obviously, have to be adjusted, but I think that Block reducing small attacks heavily while being still broken-through by focused high-damage attacks would be a cool dynamic, like giving the Shield a "Block Threshold" stat which says how much damage it will cancel out from each individual instance of damage.

This, along with removing the mobility debuff while Blocking. It makes sense sometimes, but I feel Knights should be able to press forward quickly.