Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BATTLE BARD! Bard Theorycrafting Ideas + PvP Gameplay

ZYBAK

I've really been enjoying the Bard and I think it's very likely to be one of the roles I play in Crowfall when the campaign worlds start. Obviously the build shown in this video will change as they add more disciplines, classes etc. to the game. However I think the overall concept is pretty good. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions. 

I don't think anyone but rogues should be able to be bards. It's strange having mages and tanks as bards. It should be limited to duelists or duelist/assassin/ranger. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

I don't think anyone but rogues should be able to be bards. It's strange having mages and tanks as bards. It should be limited to duelists or duelist/assassin/ranger. 

in current balance druid is more tank than knight. you can build tankish duelist also. is it rogue?

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

Shadowbane had mage bards all along. Even fighter bards at the very end there. 

Or maybe the fighter bards was the EMU. Can't recall.

Disconnected from some gaming-rule exempels, it makes complete sense to make the bard available for all classes.
Beeing a professional bard is a job in and of itself. But we do not have it as a profession, only a supplimentary discipline. Thus it's ok to give it to everyone, because everyone has at least the potential to create music.
Sure, it makes sense to pair it with a rogue/assasin profession, because bards are first entertainers, and thus can potentially ease their way into higher society, a specifc event or even create a stage for a pickpocketing accomplice. That's probably why, in most games, we see bards associated with a rogue class.

But in this case, the songs we get through bard & troubadour are healing/buffing & damage only, no social skills included, only combat abillity. Everybode can hum a quick and lively tune to fasten up their steps, or sing an eary, maybe disharmonical tune to confuse the enemy. Let's not even start with battlehymns sung by a hundred throats to encourage the own battleline & intimidate the enemy army.

I'm really grateful to ACE for including bards in some form (especially cause I've asked for it for a while now, yes ;p), and make it available without restrictions.

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

4 hours ago, blazzen said:

You have said this before, but I just cannot find a good reason for it to be so. Why should other races not be able to do any music? From a gameplay perspective, I see no reason to limit it, either. Just cuz it's strange doesn't mean it isn't fun. I am looking forward to Dwarf bards like whoa.

For me Bards should be a full build. Bards were a class in older games, so seeing a battle bard disscussion seems too weird for me. I still think ACE should put some limits in Disciplines, classes are too blurred for my liking.

Maybe they could make it so that bards have to actually act like a bard. Pressing a button and then going around swing a sword just doesnt seems right.

If you want to have a bard in your game you first should add instruments and if possible create a bard tray. I have no problem with bards giving strong buffs and debuffs if he has to stay occupied singing or playing to use it. Make it last longer so that you can perform and then have some down time to engage in some PvP if you want to.

If they keep just adding stuff ('Bards are cool so lets add that using disciplines') without creating some rules this game will turn out to be a mess.

Feels odd that the bard is a discipline and not its own class. Stalker was combined with ranger and I'd say duelist and assassin are just as similar. Duelist should've been the bard. It would be easy to accomplish that now by just class limiting the discipline.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

The stealth classes being bards just seems somewhat off to me. 

The stealthy assassin creeping through the shadows silently.....bursts into song to debuff his enemies - mmmm :)

Personally I'd have preferred it to be a standalone class too

Edited by Badwolfe
uGlR0Ph.png

47 minutes ago, Badwolfe said:

The stealth classes being bards just seems somewhat off to me. 

The stealthy assassin creeping through the shadows silently.....bursts into song to debuff his enemies - mmmm :)

Personally I'd have preferred it to be a standalone class too

I would've preferred a standalone class too but here we are and that would be a quick fix.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

On 5/28/2017 at 4:38 PM, BarriaKarl said:

For me Bards should be a full build. Bards were a class in older games, so seeing a battle bard disscussion seems too weird for me. 

The bard discipline changes the way you play your class so significantly that it basically is a new class. Also you can play a full time bard role with the twisting mechanic (although I personally don't think it'll be effective in combat).