Find results in...

02/04/15 - Update From The Founders

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

02/04/15 - Update from the Founders    First, I hope that you guys caught that we put our full team names/pictures/mini-bios on our site earlier this week.  We’re very grateful that we’ve been able

Pretty sure this was previously answered, but we are *NOT* f2p.  It's not the right model for this experience in our view.  More details on the Crowfall business model will come out before the countdo

Shutup and take my money!

Pretty sure this was previously answered, but we are *NOT* f2p.  It's not the right model for this experience in our view.  More details on the Crowfall business model will come out before the countdown ends.

Does this mean that the whole game won't be F2P (acceptable) or that to even play the game at all will need some form of payment?

I really hope there's a partial F2P, with maybe a few worlds/campaigns accessable in F2P but the more challenging/fun/hardcore/rewarding/etc worlds/campaigns require a subscription.

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

In one of the earlier reveals they talked about characters not just being on one server but moving through the worlds. So I took it to mean that there is technically one server to log in on and you go to the EK and from there you decide what world you want to play in.

Of course this is all just speculation still as well. I just figured at this point the EK is instanced areas, I would say halls but it seems more like a place someone can build their city. No idea if everyone can actually own one or if something in game signifies the limitation of how many kingdoms there are. Maybe it is just an instanced home for your character and then with campaigns you can grow yours more and more.

High Fives and Good Times

I'm interested in the equity option as well. I think it would be interesting to have a large portion of the equity control coming from the player base and have the vision built in as part of the corporate oversight structure. 

If the vision is laid out in stone and completely transparent, the developers have the backbone to follow it to a T, we have access to see the game in action before investing, and equity has some control over enforcing said vision, I would be interested in holding shares. I  hope you can elaborate on this.

So I guess this could go the way of the subscription or "buy once" model. Glad to hear that it is not F2P.

In place of doing a Kickstarter (and I am not entirely opposed to that method, though it does come with a certain stigma), I would simple like to see some form of founders packs as a crowdfunding campaign. Tiers of $10, $15, $25, $50, and maybe $100 are great amounts because it allows ALMOST everyone to get in if they are willing to save some pennies.

I also enjoy to hear it's another model than F2P.

I prefer homemade crowdfunding rather than Kickstarters for several reasons :

-  In KS, Devs and other employees put their own money in the project to create a "fictional" interest boost

-  The companies set their own goal of funding : the lower it is, the higher is the success percentage

-  If the project succeeds, KS keeps 5% + 3% + 0.20$CA / pledge

-  If the KS project fails, the company loses entirely the pledged money

-  Very little risk for companies to ignore the timetable

Of course Kickstarter has tons of good sides too.  :P

Edited by courant101

I'm interested in the equity option as well. I think it would be interesting to have a large portion of the equity control coming from the player base and have the vision built in as part of the corporate oversight structure.

Yes, I like this idea. Someone was talking about the purchase of equity only being available to US Accredited Investors... Maybe an Accredited Investor could work as "middleman" between ArtCraft and the players. I am not sure if this would be legal or anything, I know very little about all this.

Maybe someone with financial literacy could help.  :)

Edited by courant101

If the vision is laid out in stone and completely transparent, the developers have the backbone to follow it to a T, we have access to see the game in action before investing, and equity has some control over enforcing said vision, I would be interested in holding shares. I  hope you can elaborate on this.

I would really hope that people investing in the game in such a manner have no control over enforcing whatever "vision" the designers lay out early on.  Leave it to the designers/devs to make the game they want.  A good game will invariably require changes to design and holding those efforts hostage to a few hundred gamers holding a tiny chunk of equity in the game would be terrible at best.

Edited by dawgs4ever

I have no issue backing. :D

But the only time I do is when there's beta access, So plox have that!.  :wub:

This .......

Im sure if the game comes out it it will be great , but with no evidence of a alpha version , or some screen shots ; 

I would have a hard time giving out money with no "proof" of a game .

Yes, I like this idea. Someone was talking about the purchase of equity only being available to US Accredited Investors... Maybe an Accredited Investor could work as "middleman" between ArtCraft and the players. I am not sure if this would be legal or anything, I know very little about all this.

Maybe someone with financial literacy could help.  :)

Unless they're planning on going public, there's no restrictions on sale of equity.

I don't have a lot of money to give but I really like that you guys are working to make an innovative PvP/crafting game.  I will definitely give all that I can and hope it will be enough to get in Alpha, I would love to help Test this amazing game.