Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

02/04/15 - Update From The Founders

Also, maybe I'm blind, but I couldn't find any new info on the Eternal Kingdoms.  Did anyone else spot anything new?

Edit: Oh, technical difficulties.  If you read this and have the same question/problem, the full FAQ is posted in the announcements section.

Edited by seventhbeacon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

02/04/15 - Update from the Founders    First, I hope that you guys caught that we put our full team names/pictures/mini-bios on our site earlier this week.  We’re very grateful that we’ve been able

Pretty sure this was previously answered, but we are *NOT* f2p.  It's not the right model for this experience in our view.  More details on the Crowfall business model will come out before the countdo

Shutup and take my money!

We need to know more about your vision for this game to make a good decision regarding whether we will play it long-term or not.

Absolutely agree.  We'll release more information about the game before we ask you for any financial support.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Ok that's a tiny but important bit of information.

I see the oversea license thing a bit worried. As a German who already applied in a mostly north American guild I hope that it is possible and viable option to play on NA servers. Pls try to make multi region servers happen.

I saw what happened in GW2 with different region servers. I would've liked to also play against Americans or Asians etc.

We've done this both ways with previous game services (worldwide servers and regional locked servers).  We'd love to service as much of the world as possible directly, but the combination of money to help build the game and most importantly for the players, localized community, service and support may lead us to work with an overseas partner for particular regions.  Mega-game corps have that kind of infrastructure and capital, little guys like us, not so much!

We aren't locked in as of now, a lot depends on how players respond to our game and our crowdfunding.

Thanks!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Right or wrong, I am kind of hoping the overseas markets do not include China, for the obvious issues that come up in almost every MMO ever made: gold-farming.

Looting games are inherently vulnerable to this exploit because allowing oneself to be ganked is a way to transfer game-earned value between players.

I've seen many suggestions on the subject of reducing the bot farming threat in other threads.

Perhaps you can outline your strategies in this regard this week (bot farmers Hunger for cash, right?), so we may be able to work on it together?

And hackers from any country will get access anyway. You may as well get their money when they come in and gank them very much for trying to ruin our economy.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Sorry for double post, can't seem to edit underneath the picture :S. Any ways that is my opinion of all the possibilities of funding this project because I love what I have heard and would crowdfund, buy equity etc to support this.

As long as there is a pledge where I can play alpha, you got my money:)

If any phase of 'testing' is for sale - I'll wait for the free demo post release (when the game will probably be in the process of dying...).

Paying customers do not make good 'testers'.

I made several posts on this topic before todays information drop. I really like the model of crowdfunding that Camelot Unchained is using. A similar template would work well here I would think as well.

Now, I have money to toss at you. I typically spend a few thousand a year on my gaming "addiction." However, as I have grown older I am defiantly a little smarter where I put that money. I love the core idea of Crowfall and it is obviously geared towards the PvP crowd who have all been forgotten about over the past 10 years or so.

What I want to see from you to get my money. Come on it has to go both ways right? :D

My main concern is over the resets of worlds. I have played Path of Exile that have leagues similar to campaigns here. However, the  player base always dies out about half way through a league/campaign. I want to know what is the plan for Crowfall with resets. I am not agaisnt them, IF and IF they are done in a way that is "natural" and not on a "hard count timer". What I mean is I would like the dev team have the ability to control the seasons, and when the world is going to die based on what is happening on the server. If the server is healthy and wars are raging and fun is being had, the last thing I want to see is the world reset because the 6 month timer is up. Players will focus more on tearing down than actually building up if that makes sense if you have the hard count timer.

If you can make me believe this one topic won't be a issue, I am on board because I love just about everything else of what you are doing with the game.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you are able to shed some light on this topic here, I know others have very similar concerns on this topic!

BTW: I won't back or crowdfund a game if I don't have access to it, take it what it's worth, but I want to be part of the development if I am going to fund the development. 

Edited by sarin

There are Kickstarter-like sites that alow crowdfunding investment.

Anyway, I hope any crowdfunding rewards aren't ridiculously gamebreaking like some other games. Many become pay to win out the gate. Also, I've learned that alpha is almost always way too expensive for me, even if I really like the game concept.

Edited by frozenshadow

I made several posts on this topic before todays information drop. I really like the model of crowdfunding that Camelot Unchained is using. A similar template would work well here I would think as well.

Now, I have money to toss at you. I typically spend a few thousand a year on my gaming "addiction." However, as I have grown older I am defiantly a little smarter where I put that money. I love the core idea of Crowfall and it is obviously geared towards the PvP crowd who have all been forgotten about over the past 10 years or so.

What I want to see from you to get my money. Come on it has to go both ways right? :D

My main concern is over the resets of worlds. I have played Path of Exile that have leagues similar to campaigns here. However, the  player base always dies out about half way through a league/campaign. I want to know what is the plan for Crowfall with resets. I am not agaisnt them, IF and IF they are done in a way that is "natural" and not on a "hard count timer". What I mean is I would like the dev team have the ability to control the seasons, and when the world is going to die based on what is happening on the server. If the server is healthy and wars are raging and fun is being had, the last thing I want to see is the world reset because the 6 month timer is up. Players will focus more on tearing down than actually building up if that makes sense if you have the hard count timer.

If you can make me believe this one topic won't be a issue, I am on board because I love just about everything else of what you are doing with the game.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you are able to shed some light on this topic here, I know others have very similar concerns on this topic!

The model CU is using now is good, however the initial kickstarter for CU was terrible. They lacked on actual information, and the kickstarter ALMOST failed. I'm really digging the way ACE is going about this, revealing the game in almost it's entirety, seeing what we think and then asking us to fund it if we believe in the vision.