Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

02/04/15 - Update From The Founders

When i can ill def put my money in. From everything i seen and read this is def a game im more then willing to at. Though as others have said more information as to what we are getting into would be great, and i have no doubt that we will get the information soon enough :)

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

02/04/15 - Update from the Founders    First, I hope that you guys caught that we put our full team names/pictures/mini-bios on our site earlier this week.  We’re very grateful that we’ve been able

Pretty sure this was previously answered, but we are *NOT* f2p.  It's not the right model for this experience in our view.  More details on the Crowfall business model will come out before the countdo

Shutup and take my money!

linking alpha/beta access to founder packs is horrible... just saying

Buying a game upfront in the form of early access (ie Minecraft, DayZ, H1Z1) is a risk by itself and I don't object people doing it. You are generally paying fair price. However, paying for an  overpriced alpha months or years in advanced is downright bad. How this is tolerated, I am not sure.

Edited by frozenshadow

linking alpha/beta access to founder packs is horrible... just saying

What's wrong with linking alpha/beta to founder packs? Obviously not everyone can afford them, but not everyone can afford to crowdfund a game either. Long as the person that buys in to the alpha/beta understands it's just that, and they're there to test the game. I'd be willing to spend major buck-a-roos to experience (and provide feedback for) the game earlier than everyone else.

Edited by Helix

Horrible... compared to what?

At least founder packs give beta/alpha access to players with a vested interest, which seems vastly superior to the alternative method of completely random beta invites.

Founder packs and paid alpha / beta give access to players a sense of entitlement.  It also puts pressure on the devs because these people are already paying customers.

Choosing random testers is better - provided they are properly managed.

Edit:And a couple of the posts above prove my point i think?

Edited by gyrus

Founder packs and paid alpha / beta give access to players a sense of entitlement.  It also puts pressure on the devs because these people are already paying customers.

Most developers ignore the entitlement. If they have a vision / design and it's solid they're going to follow it. If feedback is good, they should listen to it. If feedback is stupid, they'll ignore it.

I don't think it's that much worse than having investors (that are expecting financial return, kickstarters just want a game) and corporate overlords breathing down their necks. In fact I know it isn't worse ;p.

Edited by Helix

Edit:And a couple of the posts above prove my point i think?

Random beta invites inevitably end up being sold anyway, on ebay or various RMT trading sites.

And why is putting pressure on devs bad, exactly? They should have some pressure to release a solid game.

To be clear: we have a LOT of experience working with publishers, and if that's the only way to get this game made, we'll do it... but the moment we sign away world-wide rights, we lose some of the control over our vision.  Publishers are in the business of creating mega-hits, and the way to make a mega hit is usually to change your design to appeal to the mass market.

Then publish the game yourself, if you lose your vision and make compromises to appeal to the mass, then you will lose the trust of all people that are here because we expect a different game not for everyone.

For those of you who don’t feel up to backing a product before it is market-ready: we understand, and we absolutely respect your position.  Hopefully you’ll give Crowfall another look, once we bring the game to market.

I will donate and help the development of the game if this game will be for me, at the moment there are too many speculations and things that aren't clear, so WHEN you show us your whole vision in detail, and for detail i mean every aspect of the game, then we can have a seat.

I already make some questions in the thread you open in the general discussion, we can start from there. :)

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Most developers ignore the entitlement. If they have a vision / design and it's solid they're going to follow it. If feedback is good, they should listen to it. If feedback is stupid, they'll ignore it.

Do you think the developers of Camelot Unchained would listen to the feedback if players told them the Inns, Islands and Megawhales were stupid and should go?

No...they can't.

Because they already sold them.

I'm not sure about backing, personally.  But listen, do not go to a publisher.  This game will change immensely if you go that route.  Say goodbye to item looting and any ffa pvp.  A publisher would destroy this game's vision.  Good luck with the kickstarter!

Also, hopefully we see some combat and gameplay before the crowdfunding starts.

Yes, this is important too and almost mandatory.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Random alpha invites is stupid.  Why would they give away something for free that is worth money, when they entire point of crowd funding is to make money?

Let's get this Alpha server up the day the countdown ends and start the bidding at about $200!  If you hit 1000 people crank it up to $300!

Random alpha invites is stupid.  Why would they give away something for free that is worth money, when they entire point of crowd funding is to make money?

Let's get this Alpha server up the day the countdown ends and start the bidding at about $200!  If you hit 1000 people crank it up to $300!

Cheap...some people ask $1000 ...