Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

02/04/15 - Update From The Founders

Hmm probably should have plopped my question here.  heh

Have you guys decided what crowdfunding platform you'll be using?  i.e. Kickstarter or Indiegogo etc.

I'm sure that they will start a the crowfounding campaing after the end of the countdown when we will have all the info about the game so we will be able to make the choice to crowfounding or not

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Consumer Equity crowdfunding was "legalized" by the Jobs Act, but no rules have been issued on how to actually do it legally.  So as of now, we can't sell equity to consumers, only to "accredited investors" as part of a formal stock offering.  If you are a accredited investor, you should PM either Todd or myself, though we don't have a stock offering open right now.

P.S. Thanks for the correction from "qualified" to "accredited" investor.

For those wondering if you can be an "accredited investor," see 17 CFR 230.501.  Link here.

I need to know first what payment models you have in mind for the game. I'm out of any cash-shop or microtransactions thing that affects the game in ANY way.

If the gameplay will be free of external money influence then c'mon start that campaign and let us open the wallets.

I.E. if the game is subscription based and the pledge allows you to pay the first months of your sub in advance (or something that won't interfere with the gameplay competition) then I'm deep inside.

The invisible number is how many people they turned off completely from their game by going down that route.

None.  Those people might not have kickstarted, but if the game turns out good, then if they would have been interested in CU before, they would still subscribe when it goes live.  It's not like somebody is going to skip playing a game that sounds great just because it kickstarted.  lol.

Crowdfunding with packages that include alpha access + beta access and maybe even early access @ launch, I'm down!! completely!

Just give a link ;-)

I am against early access at Full Retail Launch. That gives people way too much advantage. I find it very lame in every MMORPG that does that in any kickstarter. Everyone should start off 100% fair and square at launch. Of course there should be rewards for backers, but it shouldn't give anyone an edge at launch.

I am against early access at Full Retail Launch. That gives people way too much advantage. I find it very lame in every MMORPG that does that in any kickstarter. Everyone should start off 100% fair and square at launch. Of course there should be rewards for backers, but it shouldn't give anyone an edge at launch.

I would think they are smart enough to have completely new unseen maps for initial launch ... considering it seems they plan on making campaigns new and unique all the time.

I see you are talking about a early access like 3 days before launch. With this game I agree with you to be honest considering it is a conquest game strat game. If they do early access with this game it would be like me getting 10 free spins in Monopoly before others can even spin.

Edited by sarin

My main concern is over the resets of worlds. I have played Path of Exile that have leagues similar to campaigns here. However, the  player base always dies out about half way through a league/campaign. I want to know what is the plan for Crowfall with resets. I am not agaisnt them, IF and IF they are done in a way that is "natural" and not on a "hard count timer". What I mean is I would like the dev team have the ability to control the seasons, and when the world is going to die based on what is happening on the server. If the server is healthy and wars are raging and fun is being had, the last thing I want to see is the world reset because the 6 month timer is up. Players will focus more on tearing down than actually building up if that makes sense if you have the hard count timer.

100% agreement here. I want to see the world timer be directly affect by the players' actions through an in-game mechanic--server population, kill rates or some other process. Give us a chance to fight the hunger back if we still want to play on that world.

I believe in the vision of being responsible to your customer instead of your bottom line, and in turn the customer takes care of you.  If you can live up to this, then I'm happy to help get this venture off the ground.  We've had enough of the 'formula' from other games and I think the market can use some creative and original thought to make a game that's truly different.  

Stay focused on making the best game possible instead of making the most money possible, and I believe this community will back you as much as they're able.

100% agreement here. I want to see the world timer be directly affect by the players' actions through an in-game mechanic--server population, kill rates or some other process. Give us a chance to fight the hunger back if we still want to play on that world.

I'd like to see a mechanic when the hunger reaches near-climax it spawns a "world boss" which stampedes around and custard poorly made socks up. Maybe an event that requires the whole server to come together and fight it off OR perhaps fight for it. If the "good guys" manage to fight it off, than reset is delayed and everyone goes bak to killing each other :P.

Edited by Helix

Well I don't really have a price range if its for a game I really like.

I think around 50$ would be fine though.

50$US would be fair in my opinion. Compared to Camelot Unchained : 250$US for alpha testing.

50$US would be fair in my opinion. Compared to Camelot Unchained : 250$US for alpha testing.

The reason alpha was set so high is because they wanted to put it out of reach for the average person. They made sure people understood it was a REAL alpha. Plus they didn't want to have 5000 alpha testers, that would mean spending more money on servers.

Jeepers, $250 for Alpha! Hmmmm...I mean, I would do it of course:) But that's just me. Depends on the distance between Alpha and Beta. If it's just a few months, then no please, make it cheaper. It the time between Alpha and Beta is 6+ months, then I can see $250.00 easily. I know when I play alpha/beta, I actually am there to find glitches, bugs, and balance game while having fun.

From the new FAQs:

In terms of number of players, it’s a seamless-world MMO server, so the goal is to support thousands of players. It’s not a “50 versus 50 match”, or anything like that. The only limit that will be placed on the user population for each Campaign Worlds will be the technical limitations of the hardware, i.e. how many players can a server handle? We won’t know that until testing, but we expect it to be similar to other seamless world MMOs.

In terms of duration, we expect them to last anywhere from a month to a year. Technically, they can last any duration – so we’ll probably put up a handful of options, and see which are most popular.

Ok ACE, now you have my attention. :)

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Crowfunding huh, not like it's unexpected and while I'm hopeful for the game, until that countdown hits zero and I have all the systems and ideas spread out before me I can't say I will back it. On that note if you go the kickstarter route only the $10,000 or higher will be given alpha/beta access (⊙_⊙)

None.  Those people might not have kickstarted, but if the game turns out good, then if they would have been interested in CU before, they would still subscribe when it goes live.  It's not like somebody is going to skip playing a game that sounds great just because it kickstarted.  lol.

None? Really? Got evidence for that?