Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Interest gauge for potential guild: Beast-herd

Durin

Interest gauge for potential guild: Beast-herd  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have any interest in a guild comprised of only beast races inspired by the Beastmen of the Old World from the Warhammer universe, haunting the woods and wild ways preying on trespassers?

• Yes, sounds fun. Heck, even though I am already in a guild I think it'd be hoot to see in CF.
    • No--sounds dumb.

Would you have any interest in a guild comprised of only beast races (including the Centaur, Minotaur, Elkin and perhaps even Guinecean and Fae) inspired by the Beastmen of the Old World from the Warhammer universe, haunting the woods and wild ways preying on trespassers?

some inspiration:

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

3 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I think RP guilds will have a place in this game.

I have some very fond memories of race-themed PK guilds in EQ1.

RP would certainly be welcome and appreciated, but not strictly required.   The primary goal would be to enjoy Crowfall through thematic game play, loose structure and mayhem!  Kind of a rampaging, unpredictable, sometimes silly, herd of hoof, horn and hide that thunders forth from out the wilderness. Right now, this is just a thought between me or a friend or two.  We'll see...

Yeah, not sure if it would personally be my cup of tea but I do like the idea a lot. Lots of room for different playstyles here, RP included (there's a LOT for RP'ers to be excited about, in fact).

9 hours ago, Regulus said:

RP would certainly be welcome and appreciated, but not strictly required.   The primary goal would be to enjoy Crowfall through thematic game play, loose structure and mayhem!  Kind of a rampaging, unpredictable, sometimes silly, herd of hoof, horn and hide that thunders forth from out the wilderness. Right now, this is just a thought between me or a friend or two.  We'll see...

Well IMO just having a thematic guild like this is RP in and of itself, I didn't necessarily imagine people roleplaying what an elken might sound like on voice chat. :)

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Some additional ideas running around in the brainpan:

Basic Structure

If created, the guild would operate through goal sharing and cooperation.  I don't think we are looking at a group where you must get on TS and follow orders.  We'd value individual choice, schedules (though primarily based in NW US) and accept playstyles that respect the theme and adhere to guild rules.  It is important then to suggest some specifics:

1. Beast races only--currently including the Centaur, Minotaur and Elkin (probably including Guinecean and Fae).

2.  As a guild, we will not build cities or castles within Campaign Worlds (your Eternal Kingdom, however, is your own business) .  The theme of being wild and free--the true children of the primal world and with a distrust of civilization--comes through in our somewhat haphazard structure.  I think we'd most likely play similar to guerilla fighters, raiders, bandits and mercenaries. 

3. Faction/deity-- Yet to be determined, front runners are Chaos/Yaga (not-so-obvious) or Balance/D'Orion (perhaps obvious)

And some other stuff about not tolerating exploiting and an age requirement (probably).  In addition, I've been considering some more RP/thematic stuff.  

7 hours ago, Regulus said:

Some additional ideas running around in the brainpan:

Basic Structure

If created, the guild would operate through goal sharing and cooperation.  I don't think we are looking at a group where you must get on TS and follow orders.  We'd value individual choice, schedules (though primarily based in NW US) and accept playstyles that respect the theme and adhere to guild rules.  It is important then to suggest some specifics:

1. Beast races only--currently including the Centaur, Minotaur and Elkin (probably including Guinecean and Fae).

2.  As a guild, we will not build cities or castles within Campaign Worlds (your Eternal Kingdom, however, is your own business) .  The theme of being wild and free--the true children of the primal world and with a distrust of civilization--comes through in our somewhat haphazard structure.  I think we'd most likely play similar to guerilla fighters, raiders, bandits and mercenaries. 

3. Faction/deity-- Yet to be determined, front runners are Chaos/Yaga (not-so-obvious) or Balance/D'Orion (perhaps obvious)

And some other stuff about not tolerating exploiting and an age requirement (probably).  In addition, I've been considering some more RP/thematic stuff.  

How about "The Strong Lead" rule? Guild decisions can be settled via combat. You can fight yourself, or use a champion. Rules of engagement are agreed upon by both parties.

2 hours ago, Dondagora said:

How about "The Strong Lead" rule? Guild decisions can be settled via combat. You can fight yourself, or use a champion. Rules of engagement are agreed upon by both parties.

I like this idea from a RP perspective.  However, I am not sure it would really work out when trying to keep a somewhat cohesive group.  Then again, it could be interesting to try...certain "laws" would have to be above change, though.   

Also, I was thinking that the Fae are like harpies, so yeah--beast race. 

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in helping start up such a guild, message me.  If I can get a 8-10 or so prospective founders, I'll get a website, VOIP, etc. and work with them to hammer out the details.