Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Honorclaim

We want a real knight!

While the class skills and resources differentiate the three "tanks" their trees are not all that specialized.

The typical knight archetype would want to pump min damage because they cannot rely on critical damage.

I found the early tree to be really boring between the Templar and knight; max health, mitigation, attack power blah blah blah

I think more can be done in the skill tree to differentiate these classes

and why do tanks even get AT at all... why not a much clearer focus on defense?

Why isnt there a class with only defensive buffs and other classes with only offensive buffs from training?

In the end, everyone that plays a certain class will trait everything anyway. so why then should everyone trait everything, no matter which class he plays?

Not sure if this is sarcasm. 

If a player is going to trait everything in one "archetype" than ideally in the end a Knight would end up vastly different from a Templar

As it is now, everyone has AP, Regen, Max Health, Mitigation, Crit paths. 

If "archetype" skill trees are going to offer the same benefits, we might as well just have 1 giant skill tree with 1 vessel, and we can choose was to focus in

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

dont take any of the current skill trees as meaingful or even final representations at all, knight especially. it is ancient.

Alrighty. Thanks for the advice Tinnis

7 hours ago, Honorclaim said:

While the class skills and resources differentiate the three "tanks" their trees are not all that specialized.

The typical knight archetype would want to pump min damage because they cannot rely on critical damage.

I found the early tree to be really boring between the Templar and knight; max health, mitigation, attack power blah blah blah

I think more can be done in the skill tree to differentiate these classes

From what the devs have said, the trees aren't there to specialize classes, be it between different ones or the same class trained by different players.

They currently fill the role of traditional leveling and active progression of stat boosts.

It is rather boring and many have asked for more permanent build/choice options, which hopefully they look into at some point. So far, the other non-permanent systems are the focus for main build creation and diversity.

On 5/30/2017 at 7:43 AM, Tinnis said:

dont take any of the current skill trees as meaingful or even final representations at all, knight especially. it is ancient.

Definitely this OP. The Knight is one of the older and clunkier classes at the moment and is probably overall one of the least balanced. That goes for the abilities and the skill tree. Hell it still has husbandry which does absolutely nothing as mounts aren't in.

58 minutes ago, silhaku said:

This was the post that made me lose hope in this game. If they actually change their minds on this it would be a god send.

I cannot agree with this since Disciplines just landed. Yes I too want a more advanced and choice filled skill tree. But it's clear that even without it disciplines, advantages, disadvantages and promotion classes will provide a plethora of customization.

11 hours ago, Ranik said:

Definitely this OP. The Knight is one of the older and clunkier classes at the moment and is probably overall one of the least balanced. That goes for the abilities and the skill tree. Hell it still has husbandry which does absolutely nothing as mounts aren't in.

I cannot agree with this since Disciplines just landed. Yes I too want a more advanced and choice filled skill tree. But it's clear that even without it disciplines, advantages, disadvantages and promotion classes will provide a plethora of customization.

The issue with that whole thing isn't that they're won't be any customization but how it is implemented. The most game defining aspects are stuck to gear that can and most likely will be lost while you retain the power scaling parts that only can be gained with more time. Why make it where you lose your customization but retain your stat advantages? Who wants a system like that?

Edited by silhaku

the real difference between templar, knight and myrmidon in basic kits:

1) templar - semi block (CC+counter attack), HP (biggest), pips (+ resource problems vs range) resource

2) knight - block(CC+disable), HP (above average), stamina resource

3) myrmidon - berserker, HP (below average), fury (and huge resource problems vs all) resource

skill tree is way too minor difference, beleave me.

this different skill sets also make em unique from other AT. I mean nobody can be soo good in blocking and get so much options than knight and I hope no1 can get berserker from runes.

current statement - even confessor/champion can be much more tanky coz resource problems templar/knight/myrmi have mostly coz sustain+heal+mobility. I beleave this will be fixed in future

edit. ah I forget - some unique disciplines also will different those 3 tanks

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

I feel like if they would just fix the resource system for the knight, the knight would be in a good place. Having the knight use stamina for everything was just a poor decision, especially in light of other changes they made, like taking all dodges off stamina because, in Blair's words, stamina was being used for too much.

30 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I feel like if they would just fix the resource system for the knight, the knight would be in a good place. Having the knight use stamina for everything was just a poor decision, especially in light of other changes they made, like taking all dodges off stamina because, in Blair's words, stamina was being used for too much.

resources generally are a huge issue for me.

too many with wildlly inconsistent systems.

[now amplfied by disciplines]

hell - everyone should probably have to run on stamina as their resource (without dodge pips) and have to choose their actions between mobility, offense, defense and harvesting from a shared and consistent pool....

[or throw pips on everyone and be done with it]

but too late either way to do such things i fear

Edited by Tinnis