Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sandoval

EK hierarchy

But how do you determine that? By size? Quality of resources available inside? Number of buildings and crafting stations?

I would prefer a system of filters to sort EKs. Such as:

• Popularity, aka the number of people who visited that particular EK in the past 24 hours.
  • Current population
  • Facilities available
  • Spoken Language

8 minutes ago, Gaulwa said:

But how do you determine that? By size? Quality of resources available inside? Number of buildings and crafting stations?

I would prefer a system of filters to sort EKs. Such as:

• Popularity, aka the number of people who visited that particular EK in the past 24 hours.
  • Current population
  • Facilities available
  • Spoken Language

one does not preclude the other

4 hours ago, Sandoval said:

one does not preclude the other

I guess the point I was trying to make is that we shouldn't decide what is interesting for people, and instead create a new feature of filters to sort the EK and let everyone decide what they prefer.

I would add the following parameters in addition to what Gaulwa used:

• How many parcels are in the EK
  • How many buildings are in the EK
  • How many cosmetic features are in the EK
  • Parcels by type - water, forest, mountains, valleys

Visitors in the last 24 hours is not the best indication of a good EK for some cases.  What if an EK is only open during parts of the year for special occasions; their visitor status may not be accurate, but still be a popular EK for RP events when open.

I really like the facilities idea, along with spoken language. 

17 hours ago, Sandoval said:

It would be interesting to classify the EKs in relation to what they contain to have the most interesting to visit at the top of the list.

Yes, it would. It's already on the list of what they would like to do, as mentioned in the latest news.

Lastly, there are some things we would like to do, but aren’t quite on the roadmap yet… Hopefully we’ll get there!  This wishlist includes:

• A visibility system, so that you can have better control when sorting or browsing kingdoms to visit, and that will let monarchs raise the visibility of their kingdoms in the Search list

What we can do is to talk about what sorting possibilities we would like. One of the problems is, they can't afford to put too much time into this stuff right now. It's too likely that too much things change and they can't afford to loose time by developing stuff that has to be cancelled later.

Anyways, this would be my priority list in the current situation:

• Online/Offline. Online Worlds on top of the list. (now)
  • Number of current visitors. (now)
  • Server. As soon as we will be able to create EK's on a specific server.
  • Optional: Number of used cells / number of used tokens.

Generally i would prefer a simple list (without the current picture stuff) that can be sorted individually. Several columns. First column, priority 1. Second column, priority 2. And so on. You can choose what these columns should contain by using a drop down menu in it's header (let's say number of citizens, number of cells, current population, pvp, whatever...). I could imagine such a row starting with something like

NAME - Short description - EK type (single/guild/hub)

followed by some checkboxes, like

[ ] PvP (on/off/partially) - [ ] RP (on/off/partially) - [ ] Marketplace ....

ending with the columns that contain countable stuff like mentioned above.

Personally i sort kingdoms into three categories: Personal EK's (small-medium), Guild EK's (medium-large), Community EK's (large-huge). It will be pretty easy to identify them, just by looking at the numbers. But i think it would be helpful to have monarchs to set their EK type (freely, no matter how big or small it is) and to generally show those three EK types in three different category lists.

Just a small example how this category stuff could look like under the current situation, to show what i mean (I also played around with some other stuff, but that doesn't matter).

xxe9iGF.jpg

37 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Personally i sort kingdoms into three categories: Personal EK's (small-medium), Guild EK's (medium-large), Community EK's (large-huge). It will be pretty easy to identify them, just by looking at the numbers. But i think it would be helpful to have monarchs to set their EK type (freely, no matter how big or small it is) and to generally show those three EK types in three different category lists.

Looking at your picture I had a question/comment.  What if Guild EKs could only be displayed in the guild EK area if a guild leader or officer in the guild was to put their EK on that list.  I like the Personal, Guild and Community, but I think the designation for each should be different than just size.  When it comes to the community type EKs, that would be a choice of the player to list it on the community tab, even if they hardly ever get any visitors.

Lots of options and lots to think about in terms of ease and cost vs choice.

55 minutes ago, Teufel said:

Looking at your picture I had a question/comment.  What if Guild EKs could only be displayed in the guild EK area if a guild leader or officer in the guild was to put their EK on that list.  I like the Personal, Guild and Community, but I think the designation for each should be different than just size.  When it comes to the community type EKs, that would be a choice of the player to list it on the community tab, even if they hardly ever get any visitors.

Lots of options and lots to think about in terms of ease and cost vs choice.

12 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

My thought was to have a checkbox. The monarch could choose wether his kingdom is meant to be a personal, guild or community hub EK.

On one hand just having a checkbox for the monarch would make it too easy to abuse it for ppl that not even part of a guild or is the official guild EK. But on the other hand you cant always expect the guild leaders EK to be the actual guild EK. So maybe a submission to the guild to approve your EK as the official guild EK, and then the leader (and maybe officers, if the leader would allow it) could accept that submission, and then a limit on how many official guild EK's per guild. That limit could be just 1, or it could be a few like 3-4 per guild, maybe even depending on the guild size, how many guild EK's you can have