Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Race and class design - Official discussion thread

I wonder if we will see any durability loss on our models as the winter progresses ?

Edited by anhrezcf

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

6 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Here's hoping that Thursday is something Assassin or Campaign World related. Good news drop though (especially for a Tuesday). 

Thursday is June 1st, it'll be a Q&A

Can't wait to see some more customization options for Guineaceans and Elken! :D

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

11 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Here's hoping that Thursday is something Assassin or Campaign World related. Good news drop though (especially for a Tuesday). 

Thursday is June 1st so I expect some monthly Q&A Hype!!

@coolster50 beat me to it :(

Edited by Weebles

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

4 minutes ago, Aedius said:

So if i want to change my classe, i have to change my body ? ?

So we cannot farm only one qood body and switch class when needed :(

That would have been the worst possible way to implement it in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Aedius said:

So if i want to change my classe, i have to change my body ? ?

So we cannot farm only one qood body and switch class when needed :(

Vessels are tied to race, but I haven't heard of them allowing (or disallowing) the changing of your class with the same vessel

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

6 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Vessels are tied to race, but I haven't heard of them allowing (or disallowing) the changing of your class with the same vessel

i quote :

> Choose a class, identify with a race, customize to become a character that’s unlike a race from another class

So it seems like you have to choose the glass first, but when you craft a vessel you have race first.

it's quite unclear

Edited by Aedius
Missing sentence

18 minutes ago, Aedius said:

i quote :

> Choose a class, identify with a race, customize to become a character that’s unlike a race from another class

Those aren't "the steps to inhabiting a vessel," just a way to describe how some people will choose their race and class combination.

Hi, I'm moneda.

Still curious about how vessel creation will work. 

AFAIK you will craft a specific RACE of vessel (since we have elvish graveyards, monster graveyards, human graveyards, etc) and once the vessel is crafted you'll then choose the class from the available classes for that race. 

How will it work when selecting your initial vessel from the temple? 

Walk us step by step through how this will go. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

They get us excited with the uncoupling of races/classes and then they keep us tethered by having us choose the class first.  We should be choosing our race first, and then have access to only a few classes based on the race chosen.  Players should have to do a bit of homework before they create a vessel.  @Aedius brings up a good point, in that we have to know something about our race ahead of time in order to craft a vessel.  So why is race not the initial choice, then followed by class.

I'm kind of bummed that you can't have a blue skinned confessor; actually I'm really bummed.

I'm excited about the general direction for race and class, but I'm disappointed in how and when each are chosen.  I'm also not too excited with the less than generous customization on armor.

lUvvzPy.png

17 minutes ago, Teufel said:

They get us excited with the uncoupling of races/classes and then they keep us tethered by having us choose the class first.  We should be choosing our race first, and then have access to only a few classes based on the race chosen.  Players should have to do a bit of homework before they create a vessel.  @Aedius brings up a good point, in that we have to know something about our race ahead of time in order to craft a vessel.  So why is race not the initial choice, then followed by class.

What difference does it make if we choose race then class versus class then race? Isn't it basically the same thing?

IhhQKY6.gif