Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Race and class design - Official discussion thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i posted this in another thread earlier. adding it here as relevant and most people will have not seen it yet, as ACE did not release it via a news article oddly...    

What difference does it make if we choose race then class versus class then race? Isn't it basically the same thing?

Have you read the lore? We are disembodied spirits inhabiting frankenstein like crafted and resurrected bodies, that we can switch almost at will.  Nothing about those vessels has any real c

I wonder if we will see any durability loss on our models as the winter progresses ?
 

Edited by anhrezcf

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Here's hoping that Thursday is something Assassin or Campaign World related. Good news drop though (especially for a Tuesday). 

Thursday is June 1st, it'll be a Q&A

 

Can't wait to see some more customization options for Guineaceans and Elken! :D

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Here's hoping that Thursday is something Assassin or Campaign World related. Good news drop though (especially for a Tuesday). 

Thursday is June 1st so I expect some monthly Q&A Hype!!

 

@coolster50 beat me to it :(

Edited by Weebles

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aedius said:

So if i want to change my classe, i have to change my body ? ?

So we cannot farm only one qood body and switch class when needed :(

That would have been the worst possible way to implement it in my opinion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aedius said:

So if i want to change my classe, i have to change my body ? ?

So we cannot farm only one qood body and switch class when needed :(

Vessels are tied to race, but I haven't heard of them allowing (or disallowing) the changing of your class with the same vessel

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Vessels are tied to race, but I haven't heard of them allowing (or disallowing) the changing of your class with the same vessel

i quote :

> Choose a class, identify with a race, customize to become a character that’s unlike a race from another class

So it seems like you have to choose the glass first, but when you craft a vessel you have race first.

it's quite unclear

Edited by Aedius
Missing sentence
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aedius said:

i quote :

> Choose a class, identify with a race, customize to become a character that’s unlike a race from another class

Those aren't "the steps to inhabiting a vessel," just a way to describe how some people will choose their race and class combination.

Hi, I'm moneda.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still curious about how vessel creation will work. 

AFAIK you will craft a specific RACE of vessel (since we have elvish graveyards, monster graveyards, human graveyards, etc) and once the vessel is crafted you'll then choose the class from the available classes for that race. 

How will it work when selecting your initial vessel from the temple? 

Walk us step by step through how this will go. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Link to post
Share on other sites

They get us excited with the uncoupling of races/classes and then they keep us tethered by having us choose the class first.  We should be choosing our race first, and then have access to only a few classes based on the race chosen.  Players should have to do a bit of homework before they create a vessel.  @Aedius brings up a good point, in that we have to know something about our race ahead of time in order to craft a vessel.  So why is race not the initial choice, then followed by class.

I'm kind of bummed that you can't have a blue skinned confessor; actually I'm really bummed.

I'm excited about the general direction for race and class, but I'm disappointed in how and when each are chosen.  I'm also not too excited with the less than generous customization on armor.

lUvvzPy.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Teufel said:

They get us excited with the uncoupling of races/classes and then they keep us tethered by having us choose the class first.  We should be choosing our race first, and then have access to only a few classes based on the race chosen.  Players should have to do a bit of homework before they create a vessel.  @Aedius brings up a good point, in that we have to know something about our race ahead of time in order to craft a vessel.  So why is race not the initial choice, then followed by class.

What difference does it make if we choose race then class versus class then race? Isn't it basically the same thing?

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...