Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darkfire054

Do you think certain gears will be " Exclusive "?

" Exclusive" gear types?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think some gear(s) will be " Exclusive "?

• Yes, By Class/"Profession"
    • Yes, By Race
    • Yes, By Gender
    • No, Gear of any type will be accessible no matter what class,race etc.
    • Other. ( Please specify )

( Notice: first time posting a topic and first time making a poll, not sure if this will work but here goes )

So in the history of MMO's we have seen various armors and/or weapons locked off from certain characters we create because of things such as  Class and race, so my question to you is, do you think this game will make armor's  " Exclusive " ( for lack of a better term ) and why, or will all typed be available  for everybody to use ( A second note, this poll assumes things like classes and races are in effect in the game )

The Poll choices:

1. " Exclusive " by class ( or " Profession " class, like in guild wars )

2. "Exclusive " by race ( again an example being the cultural armors found in guild wars )

3. " Exclusive " by gender ( I highly doubt this one will appear since the armors usually have an alt. look for each gender to begin with, but i thew it in since i saw gender specific  gear in this one MMO years ago... 

4. Armors won't be exclusive and will be free to use by any class,race,etc.

5. Other ( Please  Clarify  ) 

In my opinion, i hope that armors and weapons are free for everyone to use, it makes more of a variety possible, and opens up new windows of mixtures and combinations of both looks and strategy 

I dont know if information has been posted around but i honestly hope gear isnt exclusive but rather maybe has certain traits to it that can help define your build. I enjoy not being forced into certain class race or gender. 

krevra.png

Sometimes I swear some questions seem to be created by contrarians who automatically presume 'opposite of what is typically seen' automatically equals 'better'.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Sometimes I swear some questions seem to be created by contrarians who automatically presume 'opposite of what is typically seen' automatically equals 'better'.

Often times "better" is confused with "I enjoy this more than that." Typically determining whether or not something is truly better is not so cut and dry.

lopuda47ee7.jpg

It is a hot Iron, since some poeple want maximum comfort and gear everything they want, since they idendify themself with the Character. But on the realistic Point, it would be great to make at least some restrictions for Armor for  Crafters.

Ofc. in Real everyone can wear everything, but some stuff you can't wear, since you not have the "Rank" to actually buy it. So there should be some little restrictions.

dont care if gear is exclusive to certain classes myself  - like in shadowbane

just hope we dont get a game where top end gear takes a massive grind to come by and closes the skill gap between players so much so that it beomes almost impossible to beat a skilless player who simply has some form of uber l337 amazing gear.

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

dont care if gear is exclusive to certain classes myself  - like in shadowbane

just hope we dont get a game where top end gear takes a massive grind to come by and closes the skill gap between players so much so that it beomes almost impossible to beat a skilless player who simply has some form of uber l337 amazing gear.

Idk man, gonna disagree with you there. 

MMORPG's need a grind, development should take work, dedication, and some skill. If everybody can get the good stuff, it's not special. If there's nothing special in a game like this, where's the fun? 

I remember walking through Ironforge in Vanilla WoW and seeing some guy with a tier 3 weapon from Nax or something. I thought it was so friggin' cool, and I wanted it, of course everyone wanted it. It was special, that guy earned it, but it created a desire to play and push for that moment when I could be that guy.

The reality is that not everyone can be that guy. We found out from later wow expansions and other games that when everyone can get those items easily, and progress easily, the fun disappears. The achievement is gone, that sense of fulfillment isn't there anymore because it's not special. There hasn't been many games that understood that concept, and the ones that did also understood that money was more important than making a great game. I think that's why MMO's have left everyone with a bad taste lately. 

I was intrigued when I read the front page a few weeks ago, because it sounds like they might want to make the game I want to play. No one knows what to expect from these guys, but I'm optimistic. 

Not saying we shouldnt have cool gearz or whatever, just saying it shouldnt give such a massive advantage that it is insurmountable in PVP/GVG to someone with lesser gear.

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

I voted for no restrictions, but I suspect the way people will vote on this will be largely related to how they feel about the class/classless structure of the game (see the poll in the same forum).  I am in favor of a classless system, which is why zero restrictions makes sense to me.

i don't like restrictions because then you can't use what every build you wanna use and play the way you wanna play. i am hoping you don't pick your class or what ever and if you do i still don't want gear restrictions because it may give one class role wt ever you chose a very big advantage over all others making the game less interesting when everyone uses that role class etc.

~STAY MAD~

I feel like there shouldn't be restrictions, but there should be advantages to wearing certain gear. Like you can be that mage that wears plate armor, but maybe your casting speed is decreased, your spells' damage is decreased, you move slower, and the stats are more geared to physical stats. But if you want to take a hit on your effectiveness and be able to survive better, go ahead and wear that plate armor. 

If there's no kind of advantage of wearing lower defense armor, everyone will be running around in plate since more realistically, it would give the best defense.

the best gear needs to be Player made...not some "epic purplez" that only drop from some carebear boycowmanure "raid"

stuff tuned to race/class/gender is fine as long as it's balanced across the board and able to be made by Players

anything else ruins any chance you have at an actual Economy (and yes...i do have some knowledge of actual macro economics), not to mention fostering bogus elitism

good rule of thumb, if you need something like "dragonpoints" or the like to determine who gets a Thing in a Game....then the Game is broken, flee immediately

could just be meh...

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

There should be some restrictions when frame of a wearer much smaller or bigger then item. Like Wookie armor in SWG. Same thing for race- and gender-dependence. Make the common sense be the rule.

Also I think restrictions should be for really powerful and unique items. Some 'Cape of Eternal Darkness' should not benefit a paladin and if worn may even reduce his strength to a degree. Make some items that has real impact worthless or even hindering to some while extremely useful to others. Also would be nice to have some extremely rare items of legendary proportions that are very, very beneficial to any character, but has an option to look like common gear. And some items that develop with character's mastery over certain skill, like a staff perhaps.

As rule of thumb I think no gear should be impossible to wear, it's just wrong gear to wear would hinder character rather than benefit.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

Not saying we shouldnt have cool gearz or whatever, just saying it shouldnt give such a massive advantage that it is insurmountable in PVP/GVG to someone with lesser gear.

I want a sword of a thousand truths.

the best gear needs to be Player made...not some "epic purplez" that only drop from some carebear boycowmanure "raid"

stuff tuned to race/class/gender is fine as long as it's balanced across the board and able to be made by Players

anything else ruins any chance you have at an actual Economy (and yes...i do have some knowledge of actual macro economics), not to mention fostering bogus elitism

good rule of thumb, if you need something like "dragonpoints" or the like to determine who gets a Thing in a Game....then the Game is broken, flee immediately

could just be meh...

Excelsior!

Sorry to go off-topic but every time you say Excelsior at the end of your posts I read it in Stan Lee's voice and I'm beginning to suspect you're actually Stan Lee.

Sorry to go off-topic but every time you say Excelsior at the end of your posts I read it in Stan Lee's voice and I'm beginning to suspect you're actually Stan Lee.

no, not Stan by any stretch of the imagination...but yes, that's where it comes from

a big comic geek from 66 to 92...so you should hear it in his Voice...as a tribute to the Merry Marvel Marching Society and True Believers everywhere!

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...