Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Pre-alpha 5 Live! - Official discussion thread

3 minutes ago, Pann said:

How did you like today's stream? Is this something you'd like to see us do again? 

It is nice and informative but, I am impatient and anything that takes away from finishing the game concerns me.

I arrived late but learned a lot from today's stream and I'd love to see these on a regular basis (each significant patch?)

The planned discussion is interesting enough, but its the bonus bits of humor and side comments generated from player questions that add even more value.

Thanks for doing the stream!

2 minutes ago, dolmar said:

It is nice and informative but, I am impatient and anything that takes away from finishing the game concerns me.

Well said. Please, no new info or interaction until the game is released! And even then, please keep it minimal. 

I felt there was too much time explaining the self-explanatory bits of the patch notes.

I would like to see more of this going forward for sure, but I'd want the focus to be on hot topics in the current test environment (Confessors rule the world, Myrmidons truly unplayable, acknowledgement of broken powers with a statement that they'll get fixed, etc) and on what's right around the corner.

Today's stream should have reassured us on Punch Drunk (it did), Dirge of Dissonance (crickets), Blood Pact (nada), Rehabilitation (Bueller?), Impale (OMG WTF) etc., or explained why the devs don't feel a need to make a change right now (the Druid spark discussion was enlightening.  Get rid of the chaining so it can at least do some dmg!).

3 minutes ago, durenthal said:

I felt there was too much time explaining the self-explanatory bits of the patch notes.

I would like to see more of this going forward for sure, but I'd want the focus to be on hot topics in the current test environment (Confessors rule the world, Myrmidons truly unplayable, acknowledgement of broken powers with a statement that they'll get fixed, etc) and on what's right around the corner.

Today's stream should have reassured us on Punch Drunk (it did), Dirge of Dissonance (crickets), Blood Pact (nada), Rehabilitation (Bueller?), Impale (OMG WTF) etc., or explained why the devs don't feel a need to make a change right now (the Druid spark discussion was enlightening.  Get rid of the chaining so it can at least do some dmg!).

yea 30 minutes on (slightly old) patch notes before we got to QA...eh

i dont want to talk about spark or druid any further at this point.

Edited by Tinnis

Yeah, please focus on the game. Q&As are cool and all but unless we are talking about some serious changes (like the class change) we can live without them.

Unless you guys somehow have free time and manpower, which i doubt is the case.

Umm Why not give Scimitar build a new LMB attack? Base druid is jack of all ae Scim build is scary nature based blasty.

Otherwise the reading of the internal patch notes was amusing but also very very scary. Good note taking is good programming. And I heard a great deal of BAD note taking. 

Also yall skipped any sort of preview thingy. There wa supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom. And no kaboom. Sad now. 

Edited by srathor

13 minutes ago, srathor said:

Also yall skipped any sort of preview thingy. There wa supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom. And no kaboom. Sad now. 

Truth.... I say we Riot.....

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

42 minutes ago, Pann said:

How did you like today's stream? Is this something you'd like to see us do again? 

Would have liked maybe a 5 minute portion on the patch notes.. high level explanation.  No need to get in to 5 pages of details that the majority of us have read multiple times :P I think Blair said at the end of the stream that they will hit the high points of past patch notes... but yeah... limit him to like 5 minutes or so, a quick summary will do fine.

20 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i dont want to talk about spark or druid any further at this point.

Show me where the bad man touched you?

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Overall I liked the shorter stream. I don't have the attention span (or time) for the longer ones.

I suggest fielding questions on the subject matter beforehand (in this case patch notes) so the dev discussion is more focused. They ran out of time quickly and didn't make it through all the notes because they went line by line instead of discussing only the items people had questions on.

I always like the live Q&A. Cant beat live developer interaction. 

There were a few gems of new info like pathfinder changes, cleric, punch drunk nerf, etc. I always like finding out what is coming next.

Support power effect support ability potency = good.

Hopefully templars get consideration for more support power in the skill lines outside of just gear, seeing as a huge portion of their bar is devoted to it.

No offense, but for me as an active tester the patch notes thing felt a little bit like listening to someone reading the phone book. There is nothing generally wrong with it, but a little bit more structure would've been nice in this segment. Side informations where good, though.

Q&A was ok, but too short. The community speech was a nice surprise and in my opinion really great.

1 minute ago, Kraahk said:

No offense, but for me as an active tester the patch notes thing felt a little bit like listening to someone reading the phone book. There is nothing generally wrong with it, but a little bit more structure would've been nice in this segment. Side informations where good, though.

Q&A was ok, but too short. The community speech was a nice surprise and in my opinion really great.

also the patch note dissection would of been little use or interest for NON backers I think too :P 

1 hour ago, srathor said:

Umm Why not give Scimitar build a new LMB attack? Base druid is jack of all ae Scim build is scary nature based blasty.

Otherwise the reading of the internal patch notes was amusing but also very very scary. Good note taking is good programming. And I heard a great deal of BAD note taking. 

well not entirely fruitless..

20 minutes ago, mhalashace said:

Since we can do this now, we're going to spin off a new single target version of Spark. Then you can use whichever you like.